The Selection (The Selection, #1) The Selection question

Any good books similar to this?
Megan Megan (last edited Jun 09, 2012 06:20PM ) Jun 09, 2012 05:15PM
Recommendations? Some of my favorites books are: Across The Universe, The Selection, The City of Bones, and Wishing For Someday Soon

The Princess Curse By ; Merrie Haskell

Have you read Matched? Also Defiance (Redwine) and Struck (Bosworth)? I've read Matched, and they're somewhat similar, and Defiance and Struck were some books recommended to me that where in the same section as The Selection.

Kierra Cass also wrote a book called The Siren and it may not be about the same topic exactly, but if you like Kierra Cass and books about forbidden love, that is the perfect book to read.

princess academy by shannon hale! it's for younger audiences (pre-teens, maybe?) but still such a good story.

Salome (last edited Mar 01, 2016 02:34PM ) Mar 01, 2016 02:34PM   1 vote
The Lunar Chronicles. First book is Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer. It has also has a dystopian setting and Kaito reminded me a lot of Maxon.

The Jewel by Amy Ewing.

hello everyone. can you help me find the pledge series and the chemical garden series. where can i download it completely? i wanna try reading them

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray for a continuation of the competition thing! It's also a really good book in general. :) Also i agree with the Chemical Gardens Series suggestion, another kind of "Several girls competing for the same thing" theme.

Royal Replicas by Michael Pierce maybe

Have you ever read Red Queen? It is a series (4 books) and is really good. I read The Selection and Red Queen and Red Queen is my favorite ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is by Victoria Aveyard

Mi (last edited Jul 19, 2012 07:13AM ) Jul 11, 2012 09:14AM   0 votes
Wither
Fever
from "the chemical garden" (view spoiler)

The PledgeIf you like dystopia with royalty. (view spoiler)

I love the red queen! Did anyone get that Maven is like Maxon, Cal could be short for Calix, Mare short for America?... or was that just me. Such a good book. The closest book I have read to the selection

Bron (last edited May 26, 2015 12:18AM ) May 26, 2015 12:16AM   0 votes
Switched (by Amanda Hocking) is very similar but instead of it being dystopian it's more fantasy.

you should try throne of glass

deleted member Jan 27, 2016 01:56PM   0 votes
Percy Jackson. And the sequel, Heroes of Olympus. Here they are in order:

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan

The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) by Rick Riordan

The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan

The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5) by Rick Riordan

Best.Books.Ever!!!!

The Jewel
Red Queen

Lucia Red Queen is sooo good
Feb 12, 2019 07:48PM

The Jewel by Amy Ewing is very similar to The Selection.

If you liked the romance part of The Selection series you should try The Royals of Monterra, personally I think it's really good

The Red Queen <3

I wanted to start reading, Throne of Glass. I have heard it was a really good series. Any thoughts? Also, If I Fix You is a great book and kind of in the same genre of these.

The Iron Fey series, Hereafter, Of Poseidon, Sea Change. If you need any others (which i have a bunch more) just note me!

definitely "The Chemical Garden Trilogy" very similar.

hey :) feel free to cheek out my THE SELECTION review :) thanks for your time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fbxq...

i would say delirium or matched.
there both good though.

The jewel by Amy Ewing is soooooooo good.

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer is amazing and is a really good book series to read.

You should read

Heartbeat
Across the universe trilogy
unraveling
the selection series
Eden
The girl who never was

I would totally recommend reading Red Queen, The Lunar Chronicles, Matched or Delirium. Honestly they are all soooooo good! And are all quite similar to The Selection

The closest I've read to Selection is The Pledge. It is a great book and it has casts and even the prince's name is Max. I think you all should try it.

thanks guys I was lookin for some good books too this really helped :)

The Jewel by Amy Ewing.
Absolutely amazing

legend and prodigy (1st and 2nd books) by Marie Lu, they're dystopian and there a lot similar

shatter me and unravel me (1st and 2nd book) by Teherria Mafia (I think that's how you spell her name)

The Red Queen! All three books are amazing, I can't wait for War Storm!

I would say the Glittering Court is somewhat similar, and maybe even the Winner's Curse! I'm currently rereading the second book in the Glittering Court series since the last book just came out and I love it so much!

The Pledge by: Kimberly Derting
The Jewel by: Amy Ewing
Red Queen by: Victoria Aveyard
Matched by: Ally Condie
Hush, hush by: Becca Fitzpatrick
Throne of Glass by: Sarah J. Maas
The Winner's Curse by: Marie Rutkoski
Shatter Me by: Tahereh Mafi

Read these..
Delirium (trilogy)
Hush, hush
Mortal instrument
Matched
the fey series
uglies
infernal devices

I was suprised by how much this book reminds me of the child of The Hunger Games and the Bachelor!!

as for other books like this one Divergent is a definate dystopian fav as well as the Pledge (which goes really deep into the types of classes people are split into

Throne of Glass definitely.

I bought The jewel because it looked similar to the Selection but honestly I didn't quite liked it as much as I loved the Selection. If you want something involving royalty and high class you should read Red Queen that one I know you'll love. If you want something with the whole dystopian vibe I also recommend the Shatter Me series which is also one of my favorites. If you get a chance to read the Legend trilogy, which I also say someone recommend it, you'll like the first two books but the last book was a little overwhelming and a little disappointing.

I jave been coming off the high of the selection, and i haven't foumd anything simular...any ideas, im stuck! HELP!

The Mortal Instruments
The Infernal Devices
The Chemical Garden Series

The Shadow Prince

This is really good, and sort of like it but it's more dark and Fantasy.

I kinda want to read another book involving the royal romance competition... Any ideas?

I kinda want to read another book involving the royal romance competition... Any ideas?

You should try Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Possession by Elana Johnson, and Shadow and bone by Leigh Bardugo( which I recently read and ohemmagee it was amazing!)

Ella I don’t know if anyone has written this but I really enjoyed the selection and then read the Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and loved it.
Feb 21, 2019 12:41PM