Scarlet Garden *Masquerade* (Advanced) discussion

First Level > Waiting Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

rosebee (rose33) | 1319 comments Mod
Its just a room full of couches and chairs. Mostly love seats. With a fireplace in the corner.

message 2: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ | 818 comments Mod
Saffron couldn't really see where she was going, so it seemed reasonable where all the people weren't dancing and she'd bump into someone. "You were right, Mother, this is hard." she muttered, feeling around for a chair and sitting next to the fire place. The dark shapes she usually saw we're bright with the flames.

message 3: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Mal (malxox) | 834 comments Mod
Andrew entered the waiting room, his arms crossed as he rubbed his arms. He chewed absentmindedly on his bottom lip as he looked around for a place to sit. But quickly his eyes catch a girl, having a bit of trouble, so cocking his head he timidly moved over to her. "Can I sit here?" he asked her, referring to the place beside her.

message 4: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Hearing footsteps come into the room, she quit doing her color exercises and wondered who she could be talking to. Saffron was going in pretty much blindfolded after all. Hearing the voice, she smiled, wondering what exactly the boy was pointing to, probably a chair. "Of course, I wasn't saving it for somebody else." If he's pointing at my lap to sit on, I would not even see it...

message 5: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew tilted his head a bit, a smile held on his face as he dropped down into the chair next to hers, "That's good, I would've been disapppointed." he claimed, averting his eyes away from her and looking at the flickering flames in front of them.

message 6: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Raising an eyebrow, a smile played on her lips, "And I would have never known who sat by me." Pausing for a moment, Saffron debated if she should make it obvious that she was blind or if she should just outright tell him. It was pretty important to know this about her and she couldn't see if he had noticed yet. Yep, definitely hard... "So, have you enjoyed dancing so far?" she asked, figuring the white cane sitting next to her might be a hint.

message 7: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew got it he just decided it would be better not to say anything, he didnt want to offend her or something. He'd feel terrible if he hurt her feelings as well. "Um, I actually havent gotten the nerve up to ask anyone." he said with an embarressed smile, a little place in the bakc of his mind thankful she couldnt actually see it. There was a big chance he looked like a total idiot.

message 8: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Her lips parted in disbelief, he seemed like a nice young man and the thought that if anyone that was too scared to dance, they needed to get over that fear fast. "And then you come to the waiting room to avoid it? How can you be scared? The least they can say is no," she gave a reassuring smile towards the sound of his voice, "and they'd be missing out." Saffron added, seeing if that would raise his confidence any.

message 9: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew bit his bottom lip, "Nah." he ran a hand through his hair as the blush rose up into his cheeks. "I mean, yeah that's the least they can say, but I mean... what if they do?" he frowned at the fact that that could very well happen. He wasn't exactly the hottest guy around. His lips parted suddenly as if to change the subject but he had nothing to change it to and just kind of shut up.

message 10: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 10, 2012 11:20AM) (new)

Saffron raised an eyebrow under her mask, playing with a thread that was on the couch. He seemed do unsure of himself and she guessed he wasn't too comfortable talking about it either, "It's not like it's the end of the world. There are tons of girls here you could choose from. Just because one says no, doesn't mean you give up." she said, having not really given a pep-talk before to another guy afraid to dance. Well, at least she'd know how to handle it if it came up again, she figured, looking at the positives.

message 11: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew shrugged a bit, "True." he murmured to the fire. Alright, fine, why don't you dance with me? He practically face palmed himself, glad to dear heaven that he hadnt said it aloud. For all he knew she could not want to dance, which was... well, it'd be intresting considering the circumstances, but still. It could be a possiblity, or she could've been obligated to come. He ran the possibilites over in his head, analyzing.

message 12: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

((Haha, that totally made me laugh :p))

Since she'd been blind for a few years now, her hearing had actually doubled before being able to see. So she could clearly hear his mumble, "Good, I expect a report back from you saying you danced with at least..." she paused, wondering what a good amount was, "four girls tonight. I'd really like you to have more, but four sounds like a good number." Saffron figured, seeing it as actually a good idea to get him motivated.

message 13: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

((^^))

Andrew laughed, "It would help if I knew your name. It'd be kind of hard to get back to you without it." he said, scooting forward a bit and resting his elbows on his knees, linking his hands together. You're. Such.. A nerd. He told himself, pressing down his smile and righting his cute glasses.

message 14: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Smirking, she heard him move around a bit and actually wished she could see what he looked like. He seemed like a guy she could talk easily with, but she didn't expect to find anyone here. That's why she was trying to help him, no boy would take a second glance at her with her condition, so why not motivate others instead? Especially this poor boy. He at first had seemed a bit uncertain about her, that much she could tell. But he seemed a bit more at ease now, which made her smile. Almost forgetting to answer her question, she readjusted her mask. "That would be important, my name is Saffron."

message 15: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"Saffron." Andrew repeated, letting it quickly commit to memory as well as her face after a quick scan. "That's a really cool name." he admitted, leaning back in his chair and looking-- correction; trying to look-- to the fire. Or avert his attention somewhere else, he wasn't sure why he did this but he always had no matter what the compliment, even a small one like this. But since he couldn't help it his eyes lingered on her. "I'm Andrew."

message 16: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 10, 2012 04:46PM) (new)

She smiled, her eyes would be looking at her hands, but the black and reddish colors from the fire filled her vision. "Thanks," For a moment, he didn't speak and she wondered exactly what he was doing, hopefully he wasn't feeling obliged to stay here, he could always leave when he wanted. "Andrew. That's a cool name too. Any specific reason why your parents named you that?" Saffron asked, one of the many questions she usually asked. Everyone usually had a reason why they named what they were, Andrew might have some cool story behind it too.

message 17: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew couldn't help but laugh bit, "Back then they thought I was going to be cool." he chuckled, though she probably had no idea what the hell he meant. It tied into his whole nerd thing; he was good with James and their meanings. Andrew: Warrior. Saffron.. Okay so Saffron was a color but hey he knew that much. "Didn't exactly work out for them. I--I'm a bit of nerd." he mumbled the last part, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Why... Why had he told her THAT?! Of all things! I mean she could've pictured him way differently than he was but nope. Nerds had pretty straight forward ideals, which was a bit of a pain, but still.

message 18: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 10, 2012 05:21PM) (new)

Saffron tilted her head slightly, being able to hear his last statement. Now it was Saffron's turn to laugh, "You honestly think I'm going to judge you on that? If you haven't noticed yet, I'm blind. If anyone's going to be judged, it would be me." she said, not trying to make him feel bad for her, but show that nobody should care because you consider yourself a nerd. Forcing herself not to say anymore to not show the sadness in her voice, she tried thinking as best she could when she could still see, Saffron tried picturing a nerd kid that had been in her class at school. Randy. That was his name, he had dark reddish-brown hair and black glasses with freckles on his nose. He had been so nice to her when she went blind, even though all her other friends had rejected her. Shaking her head slightly, she tried to push away the bad memories of all those people out of her head and focus on the conversation at hand.

message 19: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew frowned, looking over at her, "There's a difference there, Saffron. You're pretty at least." he blushed but didn't look away, knowing she couldn't actually see the blush. And he hated to say that he was okay with that because he was sure if he went blind he'd want to see again, and well.. He just felt his insides squirming, and he scrunched up his nose. And the thing was it wasn't a lie in the least, and really was pretty whether she knew it or not he didn't know, but it's the least he could do was give out a compliment after dumping stuff onto her that she probably wanted to talk about not at all. His eyes flickered over to the fire, tilting his head a very bit. It was a kind of... saffron color, to be honest.

message 20: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

((Aww, he's so sweet!))

Saffron was actually speechless, shocked into silence. No one had really complimented her like that before and made the smile reach her eyes, even if she couldn't see. Saffron had been made fun her whole life about how her disability made her weird and different from everyone else, but Andrew seemed to actually accept her even without her eyes. Smirking, she shrugged, "Sadly, I can't say the same thing about you."

message 21: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

((That's what I was aiming for ^^))

Andrew smiled brightly, glad to have made her happy and glad to have heard a joke on the midst of it. He like making people laugh, and was especially happy when they weren't laughing at him. "I would tell you what I look like but I'd probably make myself sound... way hotter than I am." he laughed at his hands.

message 22: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

She pierced her lips together, almost feeling the smile radiating off of him. He was definitely a happy fellow at the moment. Saffron raised an eyebrow under her mask, "Is that possible?" she asked, shaking her head, "Well, just tell me the basics, I would very much like to be able to describe you to someone if I need to find you." Saffron honestly wanted to know what he looked like at the moment. Masks seemed so pointless for her, everyone could talk off their masks and there wouldn't be a difference for her, besides not even being able to see anyone smile. She missed that...

message 23: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"Well..." he trailed off a moment, "I guess I'll start with height. I'm not exactly the tallest guy you'll find around, probably a good 5'7"." he sighed a bit, muttering something under his breath about it sucking, and continued on. "My hair black as a Raven, I've got dark blue eyes, and.." he trailed off into more thought, yapping his clasped hands against his chin. "Black rimmed glasses--which I may add are a pain when it comes to wearing this mask."

message 24: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Hey, at least you're a few inches taller than me... Saffron commented mentally, but didn't want to interrupt him and get him off track. Black hair, dark blue eyes, glasses..."Oh, really? May I see...I mean, hold them?" she asked, alwaying being able to get a better picture in her mind if she actually felt it. Her mother had always helped her when she'd first gone blind, giving her objects to feel to keep her mind just as sharp when being able to picture things than when she could see. She smiled at the idea of Andrew in front of the mirror, trying to decided if he would put his glasses over or under his mask.

message 25: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew smiled a bit, though he didnt decline or find it odd she asked really. "Sure, beware though they may be slightly crooked, my mother practically squashed them tying my mask back." he said, managing to pull them out from under the object and handing them out to her, gently letting the edge touch her skin so she knew where they were at and wouldn't have to search.

message 26: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Feeling the edge of his glasses against her skin, she took them and ran her hands over them, being careful like Andrew hasay told her and felt the crookedness like he had said. She smiled, glad that he didn't find it weird., handing them back to him carefully. "Hey, on the bright side, you might get some new ones since these are bent," Saffron suggested, leaning back in her chair.

message 27: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew shrugged, "I guess you're right." he said mildly as he just kind of held them In his hands. It was blurry, his vision was terrible without them but he preferred glasses over contacts. Even thinking about touching his eye sent shivers through him, ties to nose to nose in between. "I'd probably end up getting the same ones anyway though." he added.
After a moment of silence, a pause in the air do to say, he spoke. "Saffron, earlier you said to repeat back that I'd danced with four girls... Would," he ran a hand through his hair bashfully. "Would it be okay if you were one of the four?"

message 28: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Nodding to his response, she didn't blame them. She would have picked out glasses that she was use to if she had to wear them. Saffron sighed, wondering how long it had been exactly since she'd arrived at the ball and she hoped that she wasn't talking too much of Andrew's time. She was about to suggest that he should go talk to some other girls, then he asked her to dance. She smiled, completely in shock again that stopped her from speaking for a moment. Coming back to reality, she could clearly hear the nervousness in his voice. "Of course, I'd love to." she said, tucking a piece of her curled hair behind her ear.

message 29: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew's lips turned up into a bright smile, his nerves jumping around in his stomach like little butterflies. "Great." he shifted to get to his feet. "The--uh, the ball rooms that way," he bit hi bottom lip. She has no idea where you're pointing at. He said to himself but before she could say anything he cleared his throat. "Or we could stay here if you want. I mean, it is quieter, and we could always just.." he murmured. "I don't know, pretend there's music." he shrugged slightly, biting hi bottom lip and unsure. Yeah, he has no idea what he was doing.

message 30: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Saffron smirked, guessing he had never danced with a blind girl. Most people hadn't, so she bit her lip, "Andrew, stop being nervous, you're making me nervous." she said teasingly, he really was making her nervous, but she would never let him think it more than a joke to calm him down. I don't need his worryment for me, I can handle myself. Maybe I'll just have to prove it sometime... "And you're the man, be one." Saffron had always been taught that the man was the leader and she knew enough dancing that she probably wouldn't step on his feet. She was letting him make the decision because honestly, she could go either way.

message 31: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew couldn't help but laugh, his nerves fading to a numb bit as he gently touched her hand, letting her know that he was there. Having no idea that she could see his figure, well, he didn't know everything was just black basically. "Come on, we'll dance here, it's easier to talk when other people aren't." he said in all honesty.

message 32: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 11, 2012 10:38AM) (new)

Nodding her head, Saffron could see something black standing in front of her and she took hold of his hands, pulling herself up to be inches from him. Saffron had been right, he was still a few inches taller than him, she could tell by his voice coming from above her. Her simple red dress gleamed in the firlight and she put her hand on his shoulder, knowing exactly where it was. "So true, I can hear the people talking from here." she said truthfully, the low thud of the music and people scuffling across the floor clearly heard in her ears.

message 33: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

It came as a bit of a suprise, what he heard was very very faint noise of the people in the ballroom, despite the fact that it was obviously loud in there. But it had only been a bit of a surpise, he knew for a fact that people with disabilites seemed to gain an enhancment in another department, for her he guessed it was hearng. So he smiled, "Indeed." was all he said. It was funny how he could go from being nervous to just... Freely relaxed. A hand rested on her waist gently as the other still held hers.

message 34: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Saffron keep her eyes down while under her mask, looking past where his chest probably was. "Okay, what do people usually ask? Umm..." she thought for a moment, wondering what she wanted to know about him, "Oh, tell me about your family. Do you have any siblings?" She paused for a moment, a smile spreading on her lips, "And do they have just as cool of names as you?"

message 35: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew couldnt help but let the smile spread across his face, shaking his head a little as a light splatter of pink set on his cheeks. "No, I'm an only child. It gets pretty boring." he admitted, though the smile on his face was small it still remained. "What about you, Saffron, have any siblings?" he asked, gently swaying with her.

message 36: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Not speaking for a moment, she let the crackle of the fire fill the silence. Could she tell him? It was hard to talk about and bringing the mood down was the last thing she wanted to do. But he had asked, so she would tell him, "Well, I have a complicated family. My father died when I was thirteen by the same disease that took my sight, I was lucky enough to live. But since then, my mother has been overprotective of me and it took a lot of convincing from my older brother and sister to let me come here. And well, you can see that I'm here." Saffron said, a small smile spread on her lips to show she was fine. Stopping herself from further explaining, she did not even wanting to bring up her other sister Juliette. He didn't need to know about that.

message 37: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew said nothing a long moment, just letting her words and tone echo in his head, so he simply nodding, making a light sound to say he was listening. "Well, at least you have siblings, I never have anyone to talk to." he said honestly. It was funny how everyone with siblings seemed to want to be an only child, it didnt make sense to him, when you were an only child all you had were your parents. Parents dont get anything.

message 38: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

She nodded slightly, glad that he hadn't brought up how sorry he felt for her. People were on opposite side of the kindness spectrum, they either made fun of her or thought that she was too frail and weak to even stand up without any help. It bothered her because everyone had treated her so differently. Andrew wasn't though. "Not any more, I bet you'll find some girl here, sweep her off her feet, then you'll never have to talk to no one again." Saffron said as a matter-of-fact, pretty much picturing how the rest of the night would go for him.

message 39: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew pressed his lips into an embaressed smile, "Hey, who said that you weren't gonna be swept off your feet yourself?" he rose his eyebrows, still smiling down at her. As strange as it sounded, he was glad she was shorter than him, he'd feel really, really awkward otherwise. He woudn't have asked to dance with anyone, in fact he would probably be at home, coming next year in sighs. But not with her. They were all here for the same thing, love. She'd find someone, he didn't doubt it, plus she was really nice.

message 40: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Shrugging, Saffron shifted her hand on his shoulder a bit. "Yea, if I'm lucky. No one takes second glances at blind girls." she muttered, then realized how depressing that probably sounded for Andrew and immediately regretted saying it. "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to sound like..." Saffron trailed off, not quite sure what she could say. She hadn't meant to complain to him at all, it was her job to make him happy and motivated, not the other way around.

message 41: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew shook his head, "Don't be sorry, I've dumped stuff on you already you might as well return the burder." he said with a light laugh. As if trying to reassure his he ever so gently squeezed her hand, not wanting to startle her in anyway. If anything he wanted to make her feel comfortable, especially becuase girls seemed to either know they had a chance or they didn't; she definitly beleived she didn't. That hurt. "And Saffron, that's not true, just becuase you can't see doesnt mean everyones going to judge."

message 42: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 11, 2012 03:21PM) (new)

Like when all my teachers refused to teach me, or when all my friends refused to talk to me, because I couldn't see anyone's face anymore or ever see light again...yea, definitely not. Saffron knew better than to say that though. Instead, she smiled reassuringly, "Yea, I guess you're right." No one really understood what she was feeling, besides her father for that last week he was still alive. But look how he turned out. "Let's get off this subject. Could we talk about something else, please?" she paused for a moment and smirked, "Like how we need to get you to dance with three more girls."

message 43: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew looked down at her, suprised to find that no blush heated his cheeks. Only his eyes opened a bit wider as if thinking. It was a bit hard to see her considering he hadnt put his glasses back on but he didn't really mind, there was no one else to bump into here so it felt a bit more relaxing. "Oh yeah.. that" he rolled his eyes with a dramtic, exaspertaed sigh.

message 44: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Saffron laughed quietly, squeezing his hand in return to emphasize the first word of her statement. "You promised. I expect you to keep that promise. And don't be scared. As your therapist, we have talked this over and concluded that it is a silly fear and you can definitely do it." Saffron said with a grin on her face, hoping that he didn't mind if she was helping him so much. Look at the progress though! He wasn't scared at all anymore, she could tell by the way he held himself and spoke with easiness.

message 45: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew laughed a bit, shaking his head ever so slightly as he looked over her head. At really nothing imperticular though, just thinking this over. "Ya' know, terapist's get paid," he let his gaze flicker down to her, tapping his fingers a few times on the back of her hand randomly. "So I'd guess I owe you a favor."

message 46: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 11, 2012 03:59PM) (new)

Smirking, she wondered how she hadn't met Andrew before coming to the Masquerade, actually grateful she had come, at least to meet him. He really was a sweet guy, even if he didn't know it, and she knew that he would definitely find someone tonight. Tilting her head slightly, she bit her lip, "Oh, my services are completely free for my favorite costumers." Saffron wasn't planning on saying more, but her curiosity got the better of her, "But if I were to accept your offer, what would it be?"

message 47: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

"Well..." he trailed off with a light shrug, knowing she'd be able to feel it with her hand on his shoulder. "What do you want?" he asked, curiosity of his own taking over as he rose one eyebrow.

message 48: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Saffron thought for a moment, a bit surprised by his question. What could she ask from him that she would want? After a moment's paused, she smiled, "One more dance before the night is over?" She didn't think that was too much to ask from him, it'd give him a reason to come looking for her again at least.

message 49: by Mal, Mrs.Felton <3 (new)

Andrew blinked in a bit of suprise, opening his mouth to answer though nothing really came out. "Oh," he made a light sound that passed as a bit of an embaressed laugh. "Of course." he responded, honestly trying to figure out what about him made her want to dance with him more than once.

message 50: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 11, 2012 05:36PM) (new)

She raised an eyebrow in question at his high-pitched noise, "We don't have to if you don't want." she paused for a second. "And what exactly were you thinking?" Saffron asked, her curiosity not dropping in the slightest. Did she really ask too much? Probably, she didn't want to hold him back from talking to anyone else. Maybe she better tell him to give her something else.

« previous 1