UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > The Grumpy corner

Comments Showing 1-50 of 6,785 (6785 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 135 136

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Think I am turning into my mother!
But...
I did happen to listen to Tony Parsons wittering on Woman's Hour (radio 4) a few weeks ago and just managed not to throw the iron at the radio.
Today, he was on beeb 4 YET AGAIN (who does he know?) promoting some new book about 'what he did in his holiday' . As we have spent the last 24 hours agonising over the weather/flooding/wbecams on the nature reserves in mid Wales, and having just seen all the people who have had to be rescued (and in North Yorks too, yet again...) I did not take too kindly to his saying that 'we' don't have weather problems. And he is v concerned about the wildlife in Phuket. Obviously he does need to get out of London. Not necessarily as far as Phuket, to discover there are other areas, somewhat closer to home, where help is needed. But there, despite being apparently the same age as him, I'd never heard of him before.

message 2: by David (new)

David McGowan (dmcgowanauthor) | 76 comments Phuket?

Phukim more like!

See what I did there?

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments I had to work it out David... Very good !

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments Radio 4 excels at interviewing opinionated idiots. And sadly once they've been on once, lazy researchers are likely to use them again. And again....

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Radio 4 really does have some of the worst and best programmes. It's one extreme or the other!

I had to google this guy. Has a face you'd want to slap!

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Yep. I can relate to that, Elle!

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments David wrote: "Phuket?

Phukim more like!

See what I did there?"

Brill!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Oh dear. I think this thread is going to need a big corner.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments ... but I am on weight watchers

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Not for you Karen, I just anticipate a lot of grumping.

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Oh I can do lots of grumping thanks.
Just ask my Other Half

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I could do some grumping at the moment, but I'm just going to go and have a nice hot bath instead.

message 13: by Elle (last edited Jun 09, 2012 02:38PM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I went for the hot shower instead of ranting as well GL!

Can't wait for Thursday. Tried to start a book earlier but felt so guilty not reading my study notes that I just couldn't get into it.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh, I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this thread, I think.

Nice one Karen!

Hmmm. Can't think of anything to grump about at the moment. How unlike me.

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "I went for the hot shower instead of ranting as well GL!

Can't wait for Thursday. Tried to start a book earlier but felt so guilty not reading my study notes that I just couldn't get into it."

I was the same Elle. Which is why, I think, that I have not been able to finish a book in about 2 weeks. Am rectifying that now I am done though!!

message 16: by Elle (last edited Jun 09, 2012 02:45PM) (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I was thinking the exact same thing, Patti. I haven't a rant in me.

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Emma (Emz) wrote: "Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "I went for the hot shower instead of ranting as well GL!

Can't wait for Thursday. Tried to start a book earlier but felt so guilty not reading my study notes that I ju..."

Tis awful isn't it. You need a break but my mind is just not letting me.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read a couple of his books but can't remember much about them now - Man and Boy and Man and Wife, I'm not even sure if I finished the second one or not... I remember most about the first book, was quite good but I didn't get excited about it..

:0)

message 19: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments okay.

i got myself a rant.

I'M SO DAMN SICK OF PEOPLE THINKING Fifty Shades of Grey IS A GOOD REPRESENTATION OF A BDSM RELATIONSHIP.

OMG.

message 20: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments Well done, Elle! That's the spirit! Bet you feel better now.

message 21: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments I tend to class myself as a grumpy old woman but when I try to crystallise the idea I realise I have nothing to be grumpy about and a huge lots to be happy with. This should therefore be my one and only post here!

message 22: by David (new)

David McGowan (dmcgowanauthor) | 76 comments It's true that writing makes me less grumpy. When I don't write I grump, and I can grump with the best of them, let me tell you! Writing wakes this inner thing in me that turns of my grumpometer. Good job I've written 11,000 words this week, or there'd be muchos grumpos from me in here!

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Jasper (elizabethjasper) | 44 comments Please can I have a grump about the ITV commentary for the French Open Tennis at Roland Garros.

WILL JIM COURIER PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP WHEN A POINT IS BEING PLAYED.

I SHOULD be looking forward to a few hours drooling over Rafa Nadal this afternoon and don't want it spoilt by that stupid buffoon rabbiting non-stop about boring trivia.

I feel better now. Grump over.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Mute button?

*runs and hides*

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Jasper (elizabethjasper) | 44 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "Mute button?

*runs and hides*"

Elizabeth wrote: "Please can I have a grump about the ITV commentary for the French Open Tennis at Roland Garros.

WILL JIM COURIER PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP WHEN A POINT IS BEING PLAYED.

I SHOULD be looking forward ..."

OK - I am looking forward to this match - only a few minutes to go and I'm getting really excited. Not grumpy at all. Looking forward to a great match.

message 26: by Karen (new)

Karen Lowe | 2336 comments I often wish there was a mute button for the football commentators - they never seem to be watching the same match I'm watching! I wouldn't mind just hearing the crowd noise. Just not those overpaid useless 'experts'

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4324 comments I often watch with the sound turned off. Dad always used to argue with the commentators muttering things like "stupid irriot" I used to like watching rugby when you could choose between the TV, radio or the crowd/referee sound. I don't think I can do that now I've got rid of Sky.

And that is my big grump - 2 years and I still get calls wondering if I want to return to them. I tell them that I left because they were useless and I wasn't paying out good money to them for a pathetic service. AND why are they still ringing when they have been told that I would go without TV before returning - even if they were the only people providing television.

message 28: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments There is this truly hilarious Canadian hockey commentator who is about 20/30seconds behind everything. It's really quite funny.

There's a goal and like everyone is cheering and then he pipes up 'GOAL'

LOL

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments I only watch sport with the picture turned off.

message 30: by Katy (new)

Katy | 3414 comments I shall grump about the rain!

We had a week of lovely weather, I even got sunburnt! Then we had 3 or 4 days of really heavy, dreadful rain, with everywhere flooding. So, as it was nice yesterday, I got a paddling pool, ready for the summer. What did it do today? RAIN!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Grump over (:

message 31: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Aw Katy. We were the opposite actually. Yesterday was horrible but today has been lovely!

message 32: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I could really climb into the phone and punch someone right now.

Phoned up canon as my scanner died and it had some random letters and numbers on screen and google came up empty.

The guys goes

"now get your usb cable, connect it and that should be fine"

All jolly, like i was some complete idiot that doesn't even understand the simpliest of words.

OMG.

I HAD IT CONNECTED TWAT.

(ended up having a fault in the power cable but that twat just assumed i hadn't PLUGGED IT IN)

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments Random opponents in Wordfeud who resign after one word. GRRRR

message 34: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Okay that is annoying!!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments IM GONNA SCREAM!!!!

I'm trying to delete a load of cookbooks from my archive as I know I'll never use them.

Why oh why does the stupid page reload and go back to the beginning every time you delete something?????

Why aren't there frigging tick boxes????

message 36: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments LOL!

OMG.

I have done that rant several times......

At least it's quicker now?!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments How is it quicker????

No it's not. Not with my connection anyway.

Oh I'm gonna send off SUCH snotty email to amazon right this minute.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Computer manuals that tell you everything except what you need to know....

Oh dear I shouldn't have started......

People on tech forums who answer questions even though they clearly know sod all.

People who rev up crap cars at traffic lights.

Bar staff who don't believe you when you tell them the beer is off.

Anyone who works at pc world. Have I got a sign around my neck saying I need help?

*deep breaths*

message 39: by Jay-me (Janet) (last edited Jun 10, 2012 12:28PM) (new)

Jay-me (Janet)  | 4324 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "LOL!

OMG.

I have done that rant several times......

At least it's quicker now?!"

How is it quicker? I can't imagine it being any slower. What did it use to be like?
I might send Patti's email too.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments People on tech forums who answer questions even though they clearly know sod all.

I've stopped looking at some threads in the zoo as I'm so fed up with the blatant misinformation that is being given by some wannabe know-it-alls over there.

message 41: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments If you tried it about 3/4 months ago you had to wait 5minutes for it to load all your books.

Now it does it in under a minute. I can't complain about that update!

message 42: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Can I include computers that have a mind of their own...

Says I have to many tabs open (4.) and to close some. Click to close 2. Will not close.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments My kindle for pc keeps stopping working and I've got 10 books waiting in it to download.

Grrrrrrrrr

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Louise-Lesley (Elle) wrote: "If you tried it about 3/4 months ago you had to wait 5minutes for it to load all your books.

Now it does it in under a minute. I can't complain about that update!"

Not under a minute for me!

It's a STUPID set up.

message 45: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments My Kindle for PC always, ALWAYS freezes. It's such a crap programme.

And it does on normal internet :D!

Sorry Patti. Hopefully Bakus internet will rock your world!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I can't imagine it being worse or even as bad as here!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments *deep calming breaths*

message 48: by Pat () (new)

Pat ()  | 29 comments Patti I did the same thing last week got rid of over 120 books. When you are half way through your pages put then in reverse order. You can get the the end first mind you it has to be repeated every time so not sure it will help with your slow connection.
#:-(

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "*deep calming breaths*"

Big breaths Patti!

message 50: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Pat, took me about a month of working to get rid of nearly 3000! ha.

killed me.

anyway.

im doing a mass back up.

expect me to disappear in the next few months for a while. my laptop is so near death i can feel it's laboured breaths (aka it goes so slow I want to slap it)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 135 136