sci fi books discussion

Isaac Asimov

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan (wifflelegend) Isaac Asimov is one of my favorite science fiction authors, but I haven't read that many of his books. My favorite book of his is called End of Eternity, and it's about time travel. It's one of my favorite books of all time and I would recommend it to anyone. Does anyone else like Isaac Asimov, and can they give me any recommendations about which of his books to read?

message 2: by Stefu (new)

Stefu Smith Ryan:

I love Isaac Asimov too! But, like you, I haven't read that many of his books. I, Robot is a must read (don't be fooled by the movie, they are nothing alike). I have heard a lot of good things about the Foundation Series (I think they are making a movie out of that one too) but I've never read any of them.

message 3: by Brian (last edited Feb 09, 2009 04:13PM) (new)

Brian (fantasyaddict) | 3 comments I like Asimov too. I've read a couple of his Foundation books as well as I Robot, and Robot Dreams. Nightfall is a pretty good read.

message 4: by Rustyford (new)

Rustyford | 2 comments I read robots of dawn but was not very impressed. I hear his earlier stuff is better.

message 5: by Kataury (new)

Kataury never heard of him...

message 6: by Brian (last edited Feb 10, 2009 01:36PM) (new)

Brian (fantasyaddict) | 3 comments What!!! The worldwide reknown professor of biochemistry. His Foundation series and Robot series are considered sci-fi classics. Asimov is undisputedly the most prolific writer of all time with over 500 books in print, the majority in the sci-fi genre. Will Smith starred in the movie I Robot, based on the book by the same name, a couple of years ago.

message 7: by Dave (new)

Dave Lum (davelum) | 2 comments Asimov has been my favorite author since I read the Foundation Trilogy. My favorite book by him was one of the robot detective books: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4....
He never wrote anything I didn't enjoy, including some of his non-fiction. He was brilliant.