Ella Enchanted (Ella Enchanted #1) Ella Enchanted discussion

Are you KIDDING me?? *Spoilers about the movie*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Okay, I loved the book, so I bought the movie. It was NOTHING like the book. There was girls singing that sounded like boys, and Ella and the Prince weren't even friends at first. I don't know... It was okay, but I got the feeling that the producers didn't work really hard on the movie. Did anyone else feel like this?

message 2: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy True... But the movie SOMETIMES was OK, and other times it was like... "WTH?!?!?"

message 3: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy True... It sorta made Ella look simpering and rude.

message 4: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Yeah... She's all blasé, like, "whatevs. I got this curse on me... lalalala let me go fall in love with this prince"

Audrey Klosterman I ADORE the book but i did NOT like the movie. i only liked Anne Hathaway :)

message 6: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Yeah... She's an OK actor.

message 7: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Yup... Maybe Hollywood will let another director write this movie.

Gerd Audrey wrote: "I ADORE the book but i did NOT like the movie. i only liked Anne Hathaway :)"

She's cute (*le sigh*) but felt too old for the character.
Not that this matters much against the many other crimes committed by the movie.

Meredith I liked both in their own way they were each diffrent but good i was totally read the book again and watch the movie again mabey even own both i just love the story

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Meredith wrote: "I liked both in their own way they were each diffrent but good i was totally read the book again and watch the movie again mabey even own both i just love the story"

I agree with you a thousand percent!!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Meredith wrote: "I liked both in their own way they were each diffrent but good i was totally read the book again and watch the movie again mabey even own both i just love the story"

I agree.

Sunny C-s I like how the book had Ella fool Char because of the possibility of him getting hurt, not when he was actually in danger. It made her look so selfless. I agree with Oksana, the producers weren't trying. It was kinda insulting to the book.

Josefina the truth is i don't remember LOL, the movie was released on 2004... and i read the book in 2001 XD

message 14: by Oxy (last edited Jun 12, 2012 09:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Sunny: Ikr!! It made Ella seem so... Not Ella. The horror!!

Steph I loved the book
I read it twice
But the movie was just terrible
And what was with the singing?!?!

message 16: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Gemini: THANK you!! I absolutely agree!

message 17: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Absolutely!! I almost cried out of disappointment, and my mom and sister were all, "throw that away".

message 18: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma I actually watched the movie first, and I enjoyed it. Then I read the book a few years later, and was appalled! What the heck? I'd enjoy them both if they were separate story lines, which they pretty much are. I like to think of the movie as a separate story all together so I don't get really angry.

message 19: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! Unfortunately, I can't bring myself to think of them that way. I just keep thinking, "you totally screwed up the movie!!" since I read the book first.

message 20: by Ana (last edited Jun 22, 2012 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Worst movie ever!!!!!

Cyndi Goodgame To me it's like two different Cinderella stories.

Stéphanie the movie was NOTHING like the book. the only thing that i thought that were a bit the same were the names.. even the enchantment was diffrent!

Cyndi Goodgame and all the events they left out leading up to the finale

message 24: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy True... It was a surprise when some things happened in the movie.

message 25: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy And not the good kind, either.

Brianna I love the book. When I was younger, Ella was my idol. So when I watched the movie I assumed it would be like the book. It wasn't anything near the book! The movie was so bad. I really wish they will remake it and this time make it like the book!

message 27: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy I agree with you 143%

message 28: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (last edited Jun 22, 2012 06:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} I absolutely despise what they did with the movie!!!!! Who authorized such a blatant disregard for just about every single little bit of the book?!?!?!? I have the read the book at least 50 times I love the story so much. I learned they made a movie, I get all excited, I got annoyed that they cast Anne Hathaway of all people (she's good for comedy- not Ella, sorry but no), watched the movie and got so angry I could have screamed myself hoarse at the people behind it. They took the name and a few minor details from the book, that's it. That movie does not deserve to be called Ella Enchanted. More like Ella Disenchanted: Happily Never After!

message 29: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Teehee welcome to the club!! I absolutely agree... I was thinking the same thing about Hathaway... I hope some one DOES redo the film! Then again, they've gone and made Princess Diaries 2, so fat chance of that

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} My brother wants to be a director/producer when he's older. If he does eventually do that, I'll ask him to do Ella Enchanted the right way. :)

message 31: by Ana (last edited Jun 22, 2012 06:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Taggerung wrote: "My brother wants to be a director/producer when he's older. If he does eventually do that, I'll ask him to do Ella Enchanted the right way. :)"

Tha would be sooooooo great!!! I totally agree with you. No one can ruin the book more then they did by ding that movie!!!! Horrible!!! Te only things that match are the names! altleast some of them.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the book after I watched the movie. They were both good, but as always, the book was better. They changed a bunch of things in the movie though. That annoyed me though. I mean, really! They didn't take her to the school which was the rising acion before she met the ogres!
And BTW,what's wrong with Princess Diaries?!

message 33: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy ALYSSA: Oh schist sorry! Since Ella Enchanted and Diaries both star Hathaway, I mixed 'em up. My bad ☺ ☺ ☺
TAGGERUNG: That's so cool! how old is he??

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} He's 15. So who knows, his plans could change, but since he is really into movies, I kinda doubt it.

message 35: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy That's cool! Tell me when he goes Hollywood ;)

message 36: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Watched the movie first. It was kinda lame, but it made me laugh (the "grin and bear it" and then "hop to it" part cracked me up). After I read the book, I fell in love. I consider it my Favorite. They're nothing alike, apart from the names, so I just see them as two different stories, one being a corny film, and the other being pure awesomeness.

Jamie The book and the movie weren't COMPLETELY different. there are big differences, but it's not that it bothered me too much. take a chillpill.

Jamie Anne Hathaway made a beautiful Ella. it's exactly how I pictured Ella to be like, truth be told.

message 39: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Kat: I agree But I can't think of it that way :D But they were pretty funny.

Jamie: You're entitled to your opinion, and I to mine.

Tessa I love the movie and the book as completely different things so I was completely fine with the movie =D

message 41: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Ha, yeah... I guess since I got the book and loved it so much, then a couple years later I got the movie, expecting it to be like the book I was really disappointed.

Tessa I read the book when I was little, when I saw the movie I didn't even know they were the same thing. So I just have always stuck to them as separate. :)

message 43: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Lol... Lucky you! ☺

message 44: by Jenelle (new) - added it

Jenelle Am I the only one who really loves both? Maybe it's because I have a high "cheese" tolerance... or maybe it's because anything with Cary Elwes ("Farm Boy"? Anyone?) is pretty much guaranteed to be something I enjoy, even if he does play a bad guy... but I thought the movie was SO far different from the book, that it's possible to like them both just fine and not be bothered that they weren't anything alike.

It WOULD be fun to see them do an "Ella Enchanted" movie that is much truer to the book, though.

message 45: by Oxy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oxy Yeah, I second the latter, but as for the former... All I'm gonna say is that you're lucky you feel that way! :)

message 46: by Gerd (last edited Jun 30, 2012 01:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Jamie wrote: "Anne Hathaway made a beautiful Ella. it's exactly how I pictured Ella to be like, truth be told."

Well, I'm very much enamoured with the girl they chose for this cover picture:
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

So Anne could never really cut it for me.

Michaela My first experience and intro to anne hathaway was the princess diaries when i was ten. i had no interest in romance, so i saw a creepy teenager that had problems. i don't think that now, but it does change how much i liked the movie. i hated how they left out the parrot. i loved that beautiful thing! i also wished they had put in the book as it was in the story, and the school for girls, and her time with the elves. i was entranced by the image of the howling wolf, carved with such precision and spirit. I am so rattling on :) the point is, i liked the book way better.

Jennifer I liked both too, but its like it is two different things. There is an Ella Enchanted movie, and the Ella Enchanted book, two totally separate things. I loved the book, thought the movie was cute, but if they didn't share a title, I wouldn't know they were related.

Samantha The Escapist I read it after the movie, I love them both and I don't care lol. I'm usually an indignant purist but Ella is exempt, I love Anne Hathaway and Hugh Dancy so I love the movie even if it's an atrocity to the book. I'd rather like to see an animated movie do justice to the book...

Anyway anyone who liked Ella Enchanted the movie and actually likes listening to commentaries should listen to the Ella Enchated commentary, one of the funniest I've heard.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

completely agree!

I remember being all excited for the movie then being so disappointed.
I mean they even have a moving stair case when they go to the mall thing, it really bugged me.

But as normal the book is a lot better.

« previous 1