Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

I. Author Interviews! > Author Interview, Lita’s 3 Steps to Making a Terrific, Budget-Friendly Book Trailer

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (last edited Jun 09, 2012 01:41PM) (new)

Nic | 173 comments Hey guys, today I have the pleasure to interview Lita Burke, teh author of Tredan's Bane. Today she will tell us her secret formula on how to create a budget friendly book trailer. I hope you enjoy her tips and learn from it. Here's the link if you are interested
http://bookmark-reviews.blogspot.ca/2...

message 2: by Nic (new)

Nic | 173 comments Any comments or thoughts?

message 3: by L. (new)

L. Gibbs (ldgibbs) Hey Nic,
You are moving along in your author interviews and showing variety in your reviews. This one was geared more toward the writer who might be considering creating a book trailer rather than a reader interested in the author's work.

Your questions were more responsive this time, i.e., written as though driven by the interview rather than seeming to be unrelated (though, of course, related to the author).

There are so many ways to go with this now that you have opened this door. You could do followups with other authors and their unique ways of approaching book trailers. But that might change your selected audience. To return it to the reader side, you might ask for responses from readers regarding book trailers. How do they perceive them? Do they buy books based on viewing a book trailer? What catches their attention? You could then include book trailers as part of examining an author's work.
Elldee

message 4: by Nic (new)

Nic | 173 comments Hello Elldee,

Thank you for taking the time to read my interview. I agree with you and I did see a big difference between the 2 interviews mainly because this one was more responsive.

I understand that yes, thsi was more geared towards authors and I could do a followup with different authors but as you said that would change my selected audience.

Your Idea to return responses to the readers is pretty good. I might approach several avid readers. Well maybe not that maybe 1-3 readers and question them on book trailers. Because I honestly never knew they existed before xD.

I was thinking on starting a mini "series" if you will on how to review. Of course I realized that I have to hone my own skills before starting this and that's why I've been stalling.

Thanks for your comment, best of luck. Nic