Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Spoiler Discussions

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_blum) | 12 comments For all Posts that include spoilers, please include them in this section only. We don't want to ruin any surprises for those new to the Outlander Series.

message 2: by Woogie (new)

Woogie | 9 comments And to whoever I offended, my sincerest apologies. It was stupid of me to assume people have read all six. I *always* include spoiler space when I post on another site, so please be assured I do respect this.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 14 comments Darn, I guess that my flip comment about offing Stephen was probably a pretty big spoiler. ALTHOUGH I didn't say when, where, or how. Woogie, I forget, too, don't feel bad.

message 4: by Wendy (last edited Feb 25, 2009 04:25PM) (new)

Wendy | 259 comments I'm still slogging through Dragon Fly. I should finish tonight, but it's a trial. I'm at the part where they go to meet Jaimie's Grandfather Fraser. I really like claire's spunk here. How would you greet someone that treats you that way?

When Claire helps Jack Randall with his brother and he talks about his experience with Jaimie I'm not sure I could have helped Alex after Jack saying such hurtful and personal things to me. He really is a "bloody pervert" just like Claire tells Bree and Roger.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments Just finished Drums of Autumn and need help remembering a character mentioned on page 1062; Airchie Hayes' father. At the Gathering in Mt. Helicon a Highland regiment led by the officer, Airchie Hayes, approaches Jamie and states, "They say you knew my father". Then nothing more is written about this?? Who was Hayes?? Is he the "Arch Bug" that you all have written about in the Gold discussions of the continuing books?

message 6: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments I may be wrong Cindy but I think that Hayes' father was in prison with Jamie. He definately isn't Arch Bug. Arch Bug is another character that you meet later that was in Scotland at the time of Culleden.

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments Wendy wrote: "I may be wrong Cindy but I think that Hayes' father was in prison with Jamie. He definately isn't Arch Bug. Arch Bug is another character that you meet later that was in Scotland at the time of Cul..."

Thanks Wendy! Good memory! And thanks for having this place to discuss the terrific impact that these books have on our lives!

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments I too have really enjoyed the feedback of others that like the story as much as I do. I hope you continue to read our topics and enjoy the rest of the books. :)

message 9: by trish (new)

trish warren (trishwarren) | 35 comments I think his father is Gavin Hayes the man that is hanged at the beginning of DOA. Somewhere there is the story of how Archie fought next to his Dad at Culloden when he was 12 years old. They were seperated on the field. Gavin asked everyone that came to Ardsmuir if they had seen his son.

message 10: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 27 comments thanks so much, Udamom!

message 11: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Did you guys know that the Echo booklet( 32 page) is out at some Borders and Walden bookstores for free?

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (les2car) | 131 comments Cynthia wrote: "Did you guys know that the Echo booklet( 32 page) is out at some Borders and Walden bookstores for free?"

No, I haven't heard of this. What is the booklet?

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments it is a 32 page pre-book for echo. It is free and available at some Borders and Waldenbooks..and maybe at some large private stores, so I have been told. I learned about it on Compuserve. I looked everywhere here in Memphis and finally found the last one at a Walden bookstore at a mall. Now I don't know whether to read it right now or not, I'm in the middle of a reread of the entire series. ( my first re-read)

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (les2car) | 131 comments Cynthia wrote: "it is a 32 page pre-book for echo. It is free and available at some Borders and Waldenbooks..and maybe at some large private stores, so I have been told. I learned about it on Compuserve. I looked ..."

Thanks. I will have to look for that here in St. Louis. I am rereading the books as well. I am in the middle of Fiery Cross right now and may wait to read the booklet until I finish Drums of Autumn again. Hopefully, that will take me through until the new one comes out in Sept.

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments It's hard..so, soooo hard not to peek!

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Cynthia, thanks for mentioning the booklet. I picked it up yesterday and devoured it, of course. Some is the same as what's on the website. I can't wait for September but meanwhile am so enjoying all the discussion here. I've been lurking!

message 17: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 259 comments Go ahead and lurk. You think your alone? Hello, we are all doing it.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) I found the booklet at Borders this weekend and I was so excited! I haven't looked through it yet, mainly because I put it on my "Gabaldon" shelf at home and forgot to bring it to work with me today to look through. I just started re-reading the series though, so maybe I'll wait.

message 19: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Hanna-Tarantino (ctara) | 309 comments Sarah wrote: "I found the booklet at Borders this weekend and I was so excited! I haven't looked through it yet, mainly because I put it on my "Gabaldon" shelf at home and forgot to bring it to work with me toda..."
That's what I'm doing Sarah, as soon as I finsh me re-read of ABOSAA I will move on to the booklet!