The Black Tower discussion

Casting the WOT

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dave (new)

Dave | 25 comments When I went back to the beginning and listened to the audio books of the series a couple of years ago, Nyneave popped into my head as Kate Beckinsale. I could see that clear as day...

Anyone else have an actor that they think would fit perfect into the WOT universe?

message 2: by Olin (new)

Olin | 19 comments i had a thead on this subject and it got canceled. Kate, i think, would be better as Moraine

message 3: by Loria (new)

Loria | 2 comments I think Chloe Sevigny would make a great Nyneave. I think she could capture the snippy nature of Nyneave, but also give her a sympathetic quality. Look what she's done with her character Nikki on Big Love.

message 4: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (thelizardqueen) | 21 comments Hey Olin, do you still have the link to that Group Think thread about the WoT casting? It was pretty complete and I think posters were able to vote on casting decisions they liked.

message 5: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (thelizardqueen) | 21 comments Ah nevermind, here it is :oD

http://www.grupthink.com/topic/2224/C...

message 6: by Eliza (new)

Eliza (thelizardqueen) | 21 comments I think Christian Bale would make a great Logain.

message 7: by Walter (new)

Walter (boltwalt) | 38 comments Dave wrote: "When I went back to the beginning and listened to the audio books of the series a couple of years ago, Nyneave popped into my head as Kate Beckinsale. I could see that clear as day...

Anyone els..."
Maurene O'Hara as Queen Morgasa. I believe in the not so distant future Computer power will be so strong That fans will be able to direct films with actors from any era, Which would open tremendously the options for actors in such adaptations... Fay Wray as Min!

message 8: by liz (new)

liz (lizevans) | 67 comments Mod
funny, I watched Underworld yesterday and thought to myself - Kate Beckinsale would make a nice Lanfear.

I'm having a hard time choosing who I think would be a proper Rand.

message 9: by Olin (new)

Olin | 19 comments Angelina Jolie for Lanfear.

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben | 39 comments who would make a good Lan?

message 11: by Hank (new)

Hank (chickenbob_6) | 3 comments Not that I want to make parallels to LOTR, but Viggo might play a decent Lan

message 12: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 19 comments The worry is making it tooo lotrish.

I reckon we need an assembly of wacky type actors to play parts like asmodean and rand.

I vote johnny depp for asmodean...

message 13: by Olin (new)

Olin | 19 comments lol nice one!

message 14: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 19 comments Russell Crowe = Lan?

message 15: by Ben (new)

Ben | 39 comments that would be a good one but they would deffanitly have 2 make him look taller cuz he is supose 2 b as tall or close 2 the size of rand and rand is over 6ft

message 16: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 19 comments ye, true.

Any moiraine?

message 17: by liz (new)

liz (lizevans) | 67 comments Mod
no, you don't need anyone to be taller, they just need to cast shorter people to make up for the size difference.

message 18: by Ben (new)

Ben | 39 comments also if you read lengths in the back of the book a foot is 10 inches so everyone is short

message 19: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 19 comments Is an inch the same length?

message 20: by Ben (new)

Ben | 39 comments it doesnt say, so im asuming it is

message 21: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 19 comments Ok, maybe they are all short.

message 22: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Parshall (B-rittany) | 7 comments not everyone is supposed to be short. Carhanians (idk how to spell that) are the shortrest people. and Aiel are close to the tallest, i think

message 23: by Ben (new)

Ben | 39 comments they r short compared 2 us

message 24: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Parshall (B-rittany) | 7 comments really i always imagined them taller than the average

message 25: by Ben (new)

Ben | 39 comments then u didnt read the glossary