twilight lovers! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
New Moon Movie > Taylor is going to be in New Moon

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:43AM) (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
Straight from Stephenies website!!!!
January 7, 2009

Good news about New Moon from director Chris Weitz:

I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.

The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.

very best

Chris Weitz

I'd just like to add that I was very much a part of this decision. My first priority was always what was best for New Moon—what was going to give us the best possible movie. I'm truly thrilled that Taylor was the one who proved to the director, to Summit, and to me that he is the best possible Jacob we could have. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he's going to bring to Jacob's character this year.

- Steph

message 2: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments YES AHJ OMG YES YES!

message 3: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

I know right??? I'm so glad!!!

message 4: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments YES! He deserves it! :D

message 5: by Karina (new)

Karina Happiness!

message 6: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (mimibird) OMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments I am so happy!

Yay for Taylor!

message 8: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) YES YES YES YES YES OMG HECK YES!!!! OMG

message 9: by Zia (new)

Zia HUZZAH!!!!!!

message 10: by I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa*, and Twilight! (new)

I ♥ Luke Castellan *Alexa* (i_love_jacob_black_95) | 3164 comments WWHHOOO HHHOOOOO!!!
YEA TAYLOR YEA TAYLOR YEA TAYLOR YES!

message 11: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (thetanvampire) | 176 comments YESSSSSSSSSS I LOVE YOU JACOB I LOVE YOU TAYLOR YESS YESS YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) YAYAYAY!!! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!! i luv taylor he'll b perfect! now i cant wait 2 c new moon! :)

message 13: by Nava Cullen (new)

Nava Cullen (thetanvampire) | 176 comments i know!!!
he's the perfect jacob. <3

message 14: by Janepage (new)

Janepage Hallelujah!!

message 15: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) not necessarily... there thinking of replacing him with the guy who plays same. how dumb is THAT?

message 16: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

What???

message 17: by Angie (new)

Angie | 40 comments Ugh...I am sorry but I still think MC would have been better. Sexier. That's all I am sayin'.

message 18: by Maryann (new)

Maryann (uorgirl) | 35 comments Hopefully he will only start out in the movie as the "Jacob" Bella knows first, then they can change him out pretty quick with someone else.

message 19: by Kay (new)

Kay | 83 comments Well, unlike the books, Rob, as Edward, won't have to worry about Jacob as a threat because Taylor, as Jacob, isn't one. There's no reason for the movie Bella to be conflicted over her relationship with Jacob because there's no competition between the two (Rob vs Taylor).

message 20: by Angie (new)

Angie | 40 comments I completely agree with Kay. I am just worried that the movie will be boring without the whole temptation plot of the Edward vs. Jacob theme. I thought Taylor did exceptional as Jacob in the first movie but his character is so much more mature in New Moon and I just don't see Taylor pulling it off. I hope I am wrong.

message 21: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Well, I hope that he does a good job...I really didn't want them to replace him because as I have said a thousand times I hate when they switch actors in the middle it just looks low budget. Taylor may not be the best choice but he's who they chose...so I'm just hoping that it will all work out. I personally think he's so cute and in my mind it's his friendship with bella and the way he's there for her that causes the attraction between the two. Love isn't all about looks and I think that is they case for bella and jake. Plus edward wins in the end anyway we all know that!

message 22: by Kay (new)

Kay | 83 comments Angie, I'm hoping with you on this one, but as I've mentioned on other chats, the screenwriter has even stated matching Taylor against Rob is going to be a tall order. I'd love for them to change him out after his transformation; movies change actors to show a character's progression all the time, but I have a feeling Taylor is supposed to take us all the way through this thing. I just don't see how Taylor, CGI enhanced or not, could possibly generate the kind of believable "heat" (pardon the pun) that could woo Bella away from Edward. I think my greatest issue with Taylor, besides the fact that he isn't Native American and there are some great Native actors out there, is that he hasn't even finished puberty yet; hence, the short height, the overwhelming babyface, and soft voice, which certainly is not his fault as he's still a kid, but he's supposed to be a physical, psychological, sensual and romantic challenge to someone who's already a grown man. Jacob and Edward are supposed to be equal rivals.

message 23: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Yeah but if you think about it he doesn't have to "woo" bella away because edward is already gone...when edward comes back the feelings she has for jake go back to just friendship....and I never thought of Jacob as sensual or romantic...hes kind of a punk and still very immature..but thats just my opinion.

message 24: by Kay (new)

Kay | 83 comments My bad. I should have chosen different words, I guess that's just me. By Eclipse, Bella clearly wants them both, even though she chooses Edward. Jacob is definitely a punk, but a very sexy one and that's one reason why I love him. Don't know if that's TMI.

message 25: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

No thats why I like him to..because hes such a smart***!!! lol.

message 26: by Kay (new)

Kay | 83 comments No doubt, Caroline!

message 27: by Mary (new)

Mary he has already 'whooed' me!! lol
LOVE TAYOR SOOO MUCH!!!

*jasper[♥]alice* (soccerchic123789gmailcom) | 156 comments JACOB BLACK...SHES NOT COMING BACK...lolzzz but HE ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....shes not but he is ysyayayayaya

message 29: by Sruthi (new)

Sruthi (17sruthi) | 9 comments I can't wait for the movie to come out!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

message 30: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

New interview with Taylor....Dang he's sooooo sexy...I love his smile!!!
http://twilightersanonymous.com/e-onl...

message 31: by Paige (new)

Paige | 90 comments I ALMOST DIES WHEN I FOUND I WAS SO HAPPY! i love himm!!!! he was so good in twilight!

message 32: by Paige (new)

Paige | 90 comments DIED*

message 33: by Mary (new)

Mary hey paige back off! hes my man!!!! lol

message 34: by Mary (new)

Mary but yah he has thee most beautifull smile EVER!!!!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

THANK GOOOOOODDDDDDDNESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! i was like are you kidding me!!!!! the new guy looks like this reallllllyyyyyyyy ugly guy at my school (no names will be metioned) and he had like horrible acne......and i know you cant help that but ugh!!!!!!! but then i heard that taylor was playing jacob i was like screaming and jumping up and down and i like called my friend who was like even more upset than i was......(btw i stil hate jacob....i jusut think hes hott!)

message 36: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade YAY

Ok I totally didn't know that they were thinking about someone else until my friend texted me like 5 minutes before school started! I was like WHEEEEE SAME PERSON! Wait, same person? Huh? LOL but now I get it! I'm happy! XD

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

all my friends agree im the most obsessed by farrrrr!!!!!!! they are like jeez can you talk about anything other that twilight? and im like uhhhhhhh no! its phsyically impossable!!!!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.