TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (last edited Jan 07, 2009 05:57PM) (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments Anyone catch the new series on TNT starring Timothy Hutton called Leverage? I was afraid it wouldn't be good, but the whole family is hooked... I saw a TV Guide blurb that called it better than the last two Ocean's 11 movies... and they were right.

Entertaining and always has a satisfying twist.

It's on Tuesday nights...

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli I have to start taping that one..... thanks for reminding me Heidi!!

message 3: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) | 105 comments I saw the commercials - I keep missing it... The guy who used to play a lawyer on Angel is on it too... Lol... I have this thing for actors/actresses that were on shows I loved.

message 4: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments i thought it would be blah too but its not! So good. And quirky! I love the quirkiness of the characters, like Parker's flashback revealing why she doesn't like horses! LOL

message 5: by Annette (new)

Annette (annette414) I LOVE Leverage!! Of course, I was also a huge fan of the Nero Wolfe series that Timothy Hutton did :)

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I'll watch pretty much anything Timothy Hutton does... great actor...

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments I like this show, I really do. Sharp, witty....
but I just watched the mofia-wedding episode. It was so weak, like they just needed a filler episode. I really hope the writeres haven't burnt themselves out already!

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments The wedding episode was my least favorite... I've got last week's on DVR still to watch and tomorrow (tonight's) episode to watch as well.. it's gonna be a Leverage kind of night.

message 9: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Is anyone else worried Leverage is loosing its steam? The first 3ish episodes we so good but these last few despite the enteretaining/funny little bits did not draw me in like the first.

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) I like Timothy Hutton & I saw one show of Leverage while working it seemed good. But doesn't Tim Hutton see the synchronicity in this? His father died a couple of years into a TV series, be careful Timothy!

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I too am a Timothy Hutton fan, and unfortunately, he tends to be better than the project he's in... I'm hoping Leverage can keep going... I really like it-- better than most of his other TV work in recent years.

(He sure looks a lot like his Dad-- Ellery Queen runs on one of the obscure cable stations and I forgot how much fun that show was).

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim Cherry (jymwrite) I saw another episiode while I worked out today seems a mix of It Takes A Thief & Mission Impossible.

message 13: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) | 105 comments I just heard last night that the next episode is the finale... I know this is an in between show... but I am still surprised that it is over so soon... how many episodes were there? Maybe I can catch a marathon soon if it is going to be over for a while! Hopefully...

message 14: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments is it the series or season finale?

message 15: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments Hopefully just the season finale... but ya never know with TV.

message 16: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments What did everyone think of the season finale?

As soon as they introduced Maggie, Nick's exwife, I could tell she was either going to be running her own con or that she would become a part of theirs.

It was also obvious from the way the show was written that they did not know if there would be another season. Wrap up the main story but leave the possibility for more.

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I've got the last two episodes on DVR yet to watch... will let you know!

message 18: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Sorry, I hope didn't spoil anything for you!

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments I'm so annoyed..somehow the last episode didn't get taped. I'll have to get on a rerun if I can. :(

message 20: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 2775 comments Kathy, - check out Leverage on TNT website. You can watch full episodes there. By advised, the finale was a two parter, The First David and The Second David were the name of the episodes. For some reason I do not see part 1 on the full episode lst.

message 21: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Thanks Roxy!

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I'm still waiting for a full evening to watch the two parts together...

message 23: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments Leverage comes back July 15 I think! soooo excited!

message 24: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments Gotta get that DVR programmed... thanks!

message 25: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Glad it's come back, really enjoy this show. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Christian Kane.

message 26: by Heidi (new)

Heidi  | 65 comments I'm a little behind-- saw the first episode and the others are backing up on the DVR but love this show and glad it came back... what can I say, my "school girl crush" on Timothy Hutton burns deep... :)

message 27: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 730 comments Yea he's alright, the whole cast is great!

message 28: by Holli (new)

Holli this will be back on Nov 27th

message 29: by Holli (new)

Holli With his TNT caper drama’s fate in flux, Leverage executive producer Dean Devlin isn’t counting on stealing a Season 6. As such, he says that the season-ender airing Dec. 25 is purposely designed to also serve as a “powerful” series finale.

“[Fellow EP] John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot,” Devlin wrote in an open letter on LeverageFans.com. As a result, the hour — perhaps inauspiciously titled “The Long Good-bye Job” — is “the series finale we had always envisioned.”

But despite the finality of the episode, there’s still opportunity for Timothy Hutton’s Nate and his team to pull off more jobs should the cable network renew the fan favorite.

“Everyone involved with the show… would like nothing more than to continue telling these stories,” reaffirms Devlin. “But, in case we do not get that opportunity we felt that, creatively, after 77 episodes, we owed it to you, our fans, to end the show properly.”

Leverage is the only TNT drama in limbo, as the cabler has already renewed Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes and Franklin & Bash. Meanwhile, two new dramas wait in the wings, set for early 2013 debuts: the cop drama Boston’s Finest and the David E. Kelley series Monday Mornings.

message 30: by Holli (new)

Holli It’s going to be a blue Christmas for Leverage fans.

TNT announced late Friday that it has officially pulled the plug on the drama after five seasons; its series finale is set to air on Dec. 25.

“Leverage has thrilled audiences with its delightfully intricate plots, its stand up for the little guy attitude and its terrific performances 
from stars Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge,” a TNT rep said in a statement. “But after five wonderful years, it’s time to say goodbye. Leverage will come to a close on Christmas at 9 pm, with a series finale that stands as one of the show’s best episodes… We want to thank the passionately devoted fans… who have been the driving force behind its success.”

Earlier this month, executive producer Dean Devlin told the show’s fans in an open letter that the Season 5 finale on Dec. 25 was designed to also serve as a “powerful” series finale. “[Fellow EP] John Rogers and I decided to end this season with the episode we had planned to make to end the series, way back when we shot the pilot,” he wrote. As a result, the hour — perhaps inauspiciously titled “The Long Good-bye Job” — is “the series finale we had always envisioned.”

message 31: by Isheet (new)

Isheet | 3 comments love the cast.waiting for the holidays to watch the last season