Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Highlander Books?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Does anyone have a recommendation for a "highlander" romance book narrated by a man? I've already gone through Karen Moning's Highlanders (mmmmm Phil Gigante), a few by Monica McCarty, some by Julianne MacLean, and Paula Quinn.

message 2: by Janine (new)

Janine (j9koucheki) | 15 comments Hi Taria, if you are looking for a great highlander series, listen to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. It's narrated by Davina Porter and absolutely fantastic. It starts out in the 1940's (if I remember correctly) and switches to the 1700's in Scotland. There's is a whole series and the books are incredible. They are really long but never a dull moment. Davina Porter is just incredible. You won't regret it.

Janine

message 3: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments Amen on Outlander. For something lighter, the Teresa Medeiros book (can't remember the name) was really enjoyable. It's got something Scottish in the title.

message 4: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Taria,
Audible just released Maya Banks' highlanders. I liked the first one, but I LOVED part 2. The third in the series was just released in audio. I have to recommend the series.

I am sorry I just realized you wanted male narrated books, as I was about to write about Julie Garwood's Highlanders: (you have to listen to The Bride).

Now I'm at a loss.

Ok. This is Random but the best male narration Ive heard this year is from Robert Petkoff in the Immortals After Dark series. The first and third book are about highlanders... There's a catch to it: they also turn into werebeasts once a month, but they're still highlanders. :) starting with Hunger Like No Other.

message 5: by Taria (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:24AM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Thanks for the suggestions. Brittany, I just finished listening to the last IAD book out in audio Wicked Deeds and I loved it. Robert Petkoff did an awesome job with Bowe's accent.

With highlander books I prefer male narrators, there's something about a good deep voice getting that bur going....yum. I've listened to a few female narrators try the accent and it just rubbed me the wrong way which is why I had to stop listening to the the Masters of Time series by Brenda Joyce. The female narrator drove me INSANE!!

message 6: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Taria wrote: "Thanks for the suggestions. Brittany, I just finished listening to the last IAD book out in audio Wicked Deeds and I loved it. Robert Petkoff did an awesome job with Bowe's accent.."

well, I'm happy to see that you listened to IAD. I was amazed by Robert Petkoff's accent for Bowen. I also understand why you like male narrators after listening to KMM's Highlanders. Together with Gigante, the highlander audiobooks are hard to match... I have a few wish listed, I will check the narrators for you.

message 7: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Sorry the ones I had with male narrator were by Monica McCarty. I'll keep a look out.

message 8: by Taria (last edited Jun 12, 2012 08:11PM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Thanks!! Since no place allows you to search by the narrator's sex I didn't know if there were other audio books out there. Some books just sound better in a mans voice in my opinion.