Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Are you waiting for the movie to come out?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kiki~~다은이♥♥ Totally! I missed the Hunger Games movie, so I'm NOT going to miss another AWESOME movie from an AWESOME book!LOL

Erica yes,I hope it's as good as the book though.

Oksana the Bookaholic When is Divergent movie gonna be out?

Andress Zepeda Okana: I saw somewhere that the movie should be out in 2015! That is all i know though.

Oksana the Bookaholic Oooh.. Well that's a far way off! :) Thanks

Kiki~~다은이♥♥ To Cassy: PG-13. My parents ALLOWED me to, but apparently my mom's friend told her not to let me because the theme is too violent and "inappropiate".
*maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it's true.
** and Divergent wouldn't be as violent.

Oksana the Bookaholic To Kiki: It wasn't that violent, and there were KIDS in the theatre, for gosh's sake. And so I think you should go see The Hunger Games. It's fantastic.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Andress wrote: "Okana: I saw somewhere that the movie should be out in 2015! That is all i know though."

omg noooo

Aneesa Yes just to see if the movie does justice to the book. Take it the way you like it :P

Nessa Lynn I think book-to-movies shouldn't be compared and dissected because its obvious that a book needs a bit of cinema magic to do well on the big screen. I just hope this is going to be a great interpretation of the book, like I need it to compliment the book in a way where I feel satisfied with it. I am a bit concerned with the character choice though, I have an image branded in my mind about how Tris looks so that is basically my only concern. However, it was the same with HP and I still grew to love them. BUT I shall see how it goes.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I heard somewhere they've already started filming and they have ideas of Elle Fanning as Tris and Nick Hoult as Four (there were more but I forgot!). Apparently the director found out about the book and loved it before it was even released out to the public. They've already started writing the script! I really hope Google's right (I heard it along the grapevine)! I can't WAIT till it comes out! Even if they're not entirely true to the book, with the baseline of Divergent, anything it's made into will be ah-mazing. Like the Hunger Games, movie was a bit different (like the odd lack of Madge...) than the book but if you hadn't read the book, it would've still been a good movie. Those of us who've read it are just a bit pedantic! (Btw, I've read it so I did the detail dissection too!)I'm sure that whatever they decide to do will be great!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Also, Ben Barnes, Drew Roy, Nick Hoult or William Moseley as Four???

message 13: by Lydia (new) - added it

Lydia Starhyphen wrote: "Also, Ben Barnes, Drew Roy, Nick Hoult or William Moseley as Four???"

Oh God, no! I've never seen Drew Roy or Nick Hoult before, but Ben Barnes and William Moseley? Ewww... Ben Barnes is gay! Why would you want him to play Four? William Moseley isn't a good casting by any means, but so long as he isn't Ben Barnes. *shudders*

Lookswise, a young Matt Lanter would look right to me, or maybe Armie Hammer. I've never seen either, but they both look about right.

Kiki~~다은이♥♥ To Oksana: Yea, I know! But I'm still only twelve now. Is that okay?

Catherine Starhyphen wrote: "Also, Ben Barnes, Drew Roy, Nick Hoult or William Moseley as Four???"

omg! william moseley!!!!!!!! perffect

message 16: by Amie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amie movie...? what movie!!!!???? :O aww that's going to ruin the book :/ they did it with Hunger Games, it'll happen with Divergent. And Divergent is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! :)

Aneesa I always pictures four with dark hair and a long face, not too handsome but mysterious. Gosh I sound lame. But yeah Drew Roy is pretty good.

Saoirse Ronan for Tris?
Elle Fanning? Hmmm not really

Andress Zepeda I feel like Drew Roy would ruin it though because he was in Hannah Montana!

Janae Amie wrote: "movie...? what movie!!!!???? :O aww that's going to ruin the book :/ they did it with Hunger Games, it'll happen with Divergent. And Divergent is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! :)"

I totally agree with you, like the characters will be all wrong and the image of Four that I have in my head will be shattered because they aren't enlisting the fans to help cast people.

Janae Andress wrote: "I feel like Drew Roy would ruin it though because he was in Hannah Montana!"

Yup, sounds about right.

Michelle Guatato If ever, I am hoping that the producer won't change any details from the book like what they did in The Hunger Games. The movie was awesome, but some of the scenes were which I don't like when it comes to movie adaptation. I want to love the movie the way I fell in love with the book!

Aneesa Ok the book wasn't as good as it is made up to be. Really guys, try to read it with a critical eye. I didn't have really high hopes for this book and neither did I have low hopes for it. Did I hate it? No
Did I absolutely love it? No.
Would I watch the movie based on it. Yes.
It was good. Nothing more.

Jeffrey Johnson I can't wait for the movie, but I hope they do a good job on the casting. A movie is nothing without actors that can act.