Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn discussion

Mythos fiction set during the American Revolution?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter | 4 comments Greetings! This is my first post and thought I'd start it off with a request for suggestions. I would love to read some Lovecraftian/Lovecraftian-inspired fiction that is set during the American revolution (or slightly prior or slightly after). Historical accuracy isn't required exactly, but I would prefer some level of historical background. Any recommendations are highly appreciated!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I know of a Call of Cthulhu RPG campaign called, "Colonial Terrors" that takes place in New England just prior to the American Revolution.

I take it that you're familiar with the Colonial elements of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward?

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter | 4 comments It's been a few years since I last read The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, so I'll start there. Thanks for the recommendations.

message 4: by Ray (new)

Ray | 11 comments 'Shadows Over Baker Street' features stories set in the Cthulhu mythos during the Sherlock Holmes era.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Ray wrote: "'Shadows Over Baker Street' features stories set in the Cthulhu mythos during the Sherlock Holmes era."

I'm baffled by your post, Ray. What does it have to do with this thread and Peter's request?

message 6: by Ray (new)

Ray | 11 comments Ah, I missed the specification of 'American Revolution' the first time around, sorry.

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter | 4 comments No worries Ray, I'll probably still look into your suggestion as I'm weak when it comes to resisting anything related to the Cthulhu mythos.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Case of Charles Dexter Ward (other topics)