Does Providence Read? discussion

Book swap

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments Greetings! I have been absent from the discussions for quite a long time, however, I have been part of the personal development book club at the Providence Downtown library. I noticed that a few people have been reading similar types of books. Our next selections is: "10 secrets for success and inner peace" by Wayne Dyer. We meet on the 4th Monday of the month.

ALSO, we have a book swap once a month in Saylesville / Lincoln, it's all free and we have a ton of books - so if you love free books you can check out our web-site:
http://bookswap.webatu.com/

Thank you!
rosanne

message 2: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) | 63 comments Rosie, that sounds wonderful! Both the club and the book swap; perhaps I will see you at one or the other.

message 3: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments Fantastic! If you know any local book lovers, please feel free to spread the word ;-) Our book swaps have been a great success and we have a lot of loyal patrons but the more the merrier as far as books are concerned!

message 4: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bawidget) Thank you Rosanne. I'll definitely be at the next book swap!

message 5: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments We have our book swap once a month. Someone gave me a copy of "between shades of gray" NOT THE ONE everyone is talking about, ha!ha! This particular book is about refugees from Lithuania during World War II. It's riveting, I'm already more than half way through it. I've gotten so many good books from the swap. (and did I mention they're all free :-)

message 6: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments Hello!

Just a quick reminder to everyone that the book swap is this Saturday, Sept. 15th from 10am to noon at the Saylesville Friends Meetinghouse, 374 Great Road, Lincoln, RI.

We have a TON of free books to give away, so if you know any voracious readers please spread the word.

Thank you!

message 7: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bawidget) I did not get to stop by as I slept in far later than I intended. Next time Roseanne!

message 8: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) | 63 comments I just added the 20th of October to my calendar. Hope to see you then!

message 9: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bawidget) I have officially added it to my phone calendar as well. I have told some friends and the plan is to get together and go to the bookswap.

I also have some books to bring :)

message 10: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) | 63 comments Nice! See you then!

message 11: by Rosanne (new)

Rosanne Cedroni | 24 comments What a thrill to get some "goodreads" feedback. Please ask for me (rosanne) when you come to the next book swap.

We've gotten a bunch of new people that want to donate books, so our inventory is always changing. Just recently I picked up "Playing for Pizza" for my aunt that is a fan of Grisham. She was so excited and for me it's good karma all around!!
Merci beaucoup!

message 12: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) | 63 comments Looking forward to the book swap next Saturday! Will be bringing some books. I am hoping that the weather is nice so I can bike there.

message 13: by MichelleCH (new)

MichelleCH (lalatina) | 63 comments I went this past weekend and picked up some new books. Thank you Rosanne for the invite!