The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword discussion

Writing Games > Flash fiction

Comments Showing 1-50 of 74 (74 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 766 comments Mod
This is where you add a sentence or a paragraph to a story, tey to keep it good! It's awesome when everyone does a paragraph and you have a whole book worth of story!

I knew when I woke up that morning my life would never be the same.

Continue it!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments I have no idea why or how I knew this. I just knew, I guess.

message 3: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Jun 08, 2012 01:09PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 178 comments Mod
I mean the very air was charged with promise, almost as if everything realized that I would soon have to make a terrible choice.

message 4: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) I groaned when y alarm went off and turned it off. I knew I had to go to school today but I had a very bad feeling about it. I got dressed and went through the normal motions and then finally got on the bus. Everything was quiet, that wasn't normal at all.

message 5: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Usually the others on the bus were at best noisy - and at worst downright unruly, - throwing stuff, yelling at each other, and above all the cacophony the bus driver shouting at everyone to settle down. Today however, everyone was sitting quietly in their seats with nary a whisper.

message 6: by Joshua (last edited Jun 08, 2012 03:16PM) (new)

Joshua (remymarin) | 6 comments I poked my best friend, Helen, in the side.
"What's wrong with everyone?" i asked her.
"Shut up," she said brusquely. i sat back, shocked. That was very unlike her. Helen was a very shy girl who was never rude to anyone.

message 7: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

I spun around in my seat to look at the mean girls behind me that usually laughed in my face and threw things at me. They were sitting, which was odd to begin with, but they weren't even talking. The day got even weirder when I pulled up to my stupid high school.

message 8: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) When the bus stopped every one got up in an orderly fashion and began heading off. No pushing or shoving, no budging in line, no squeal or anything. It was dead silent aside from shuffling feet. I followed off and looked around. No one was out front like usual.

message 9: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

The hallways were silent, even the locker doors slamming seemed hushed. I stopped at my locker and turned to my other friend. "Good morning," I say cheerily not knowing what to say.

message 10: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (remymarin) | 6 comments "Why are you breaking protocol?" He stared at me for a moment, shook his head, and walked off, carrying his books.
Huh? Protocol? Just yesterday we were making fun of the teachers

message 11: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

I am totally freaked out now. I want to leave the school but to my horror the doors are locked. From the inside.

message 12: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) I look around wide eyed and near hysterics. "what is going on?" I whisper and began heading to class with him. "decker what are you talking about?" he whisper to him.

message 13: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

He gives me this weird look like he's never seen me before and he hasn't been my friend for a decade. I'm crying now and I'm too confused to be ashamed.

message 14: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley All of a sudden he turns on me with a look that could melt even ice.

message 15: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Jun 09, 2012 03:47AM) (new)

And I mean the look could actually melt ice. As he turned toward me I could see the red beams emerging from his eyes and smelled the burning of the hallway around me.

With a voice one normally imagines only coming from a devil or monster of some sort he hissed: "You're mine, Denise!"

message 16: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley I looked into his eyes.Into the smoldering pits that were his eyes, I should say

message 17: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

I felt a nameless dread come upon me. I felt that this could only be a dream. My best friend yelling at me? My brother, Decker, who was not only the nicest person I know, but also someone who I would call a friend yelling at me and trying to kill me with something out of science fiction?

message 18: by Sierra~Kelley (last edited Jun 09, 2012 04:02AM) (new)

Sierra~Kelley I thought of making a run for it.But I felt a little lightheaded.

message 19: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

(Yeah, I accidentally pressed "post" before I was done writing.)

He came close to me whispering "My precious, my precious."

I thought there was nothing scarier than my older brother looking at me with hate in his eyes, but there was. Now he was looking at me as if he wished to eat me. Or worse ra- No! I can't even think it.

message 20: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley His eyes were wild!His hands reaching out for me as he stepped closer.I stumbled back a few steps but it was as if his eyes had the power to hold me immobile.

message 21: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) I was frozen in fear as he stepped closer and closer. He chuckled deeply and evilly and then he pounced! I squealed as he landed on me and held me tothe floor. "let me go please let me go!!" I screamed in his ears, "we're best friends!! What are you doing?!"

message 22: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley (just a minute.Is Decker her best friend or brother?)

message 23: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Jun 09, 2012 07:34AM) (new)

(Both. Edit: Actually Helen is her best friend, but Decker is older brother/friend)

message 24: by Just Joe (last edited Jun 09, 2012 07:33AM) (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) ((no decked is her best friend...guys look back on our posts :P he wasn't meant to be her brother lol))

message 25: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

(Aha! But I made him into her older brother. See posts 17 and 19.)

message 26: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) ((then why wasn't he on the bus? And why didn't she see him in the morning? EXPLAIN!! Lol xD)

message 27: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

(Could be a K-12 school, and he is on the earlier bus. Or maybe he works at that school. Or maybe he was dropping of her lunch.)

message 28: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) ((impossible see post 10 he was carrying books and yesterday they were making fun of teachers. Earlier bus? What are you talking about? O.o))

message 29: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Jun 09, 2012 07:47AM) (new)

Just Joe wrote: "((...Earlier bus? What are you talking about? O.o))"
(Oh sorry, where I live the one school that is like that actually has two bus schedules because of logistics. Shall we just roll with the brother/friend thing?)

message 30: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) ((lol sure xD that works *nods* two buss schedules? I'm jealous :/))

message 31: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Just Joe wrote: "I was frozen in fear as he stepped closer and closer. He chuckled deeply and evilly and then he pounced! I squealed as he landed on me and held me tothe floor. "let me go please let me go!!" I scre..."

((older brother/ good freind here we go))

His evil vioce spike again. "You have violated protocol! As guardian #149 of Reigon BetaGamma 351.32A I am specially conditioned to take care of all violators."
What the heck?

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments "Come with me," the evil voice said gruffly. He grabbed my hand and yanked me from the ground with much force. Grasping my arm tightly, he lead me down the hall until we came to a closet door. He shoved me in, sending me to the floor in a mess of cleaning supplies and stepped in. Moving a shelf aside he pressed a button. He opened the door. I was shocked. We weren't at school anymore.

message 33: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) I looked into the hallway type thing that lead to a strange dark land. The moons shone brightly over a hill with one dead tree on it. Decker grabbed me again and shoved me onto this new plane of sorts and kept ushering me forward. "where are we going? What did I do? What is protocol? What are you going to do to me?" the questions just spilled over.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments "Be quiet," he growled and strapped me into a seat. Not a seatbelt, straps that held me tightly and prevented me from moving at all.

message 35: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Jun 09, 2012 09:55AM) (new)

After he did so he took a knife out of the back pocket of his jeans. The knife seemed to be discolored with some sort of dye. A red dye. No it couldn't be! Not...blood? He saw me staring and chuckled.
"It is exactly what you think." he said. "This blade has been coated in-"
"Decker! Enough!" shouted a man from outside the plane.
"Fine, Jeremy. Just having a little bit of fun," he whined. To me he said: "Soon you won't be important and then I'll have my way with you."
Just before he turned around he licked the blade, and winked at me.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments ((Ew! He licked it! GROOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!))

A man came into my view. "I am Jeremy," he said. Just the way he said it gave me chills.

message 37: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) I stared at the man in defiance now. "tell me what's going on." I said stiffly.

message 38: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Jun 09, 2012 10:19AM) (new)

((It was supposed to be gross.))

"No." he said, "What I will tell you is that if you don't do what you're told I'll feed you to the &^%%$%^^*."
"I'm sorry, what? What was that last word you said?" I asked.
He sighed. "Looks like the translation feature isn't working properly."
He grabbed my arm and pulled me forward. Because my arms were immobilized that hurt really badly. He then fiddled around with something in my ear.
"Ok," he said " do you know what a sandam is?"
And surprisingly I did. The picture that came to mind was a huge horse-like creature that stood seven metres tall with teeth that would be at home on a sabre-tooth tiger, hands like an ape, and the violent temper of an uncurble drunk. I realized he was threatening to feed me to it if I didn't comply with all his orders. It was a fearsome threat.
"Looks like you do. Good the symbiote is working now."
And with that he left.

message 39: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

I took a deep breath and tried to figure out what the hell was happening. I certainly didn't want to be fed to that evil sandam thing, so I figured it would be a good idea to keep my mouth shut know, considering that it was what had gotten me in trouble in the first place.
There was only one explanation for the translation software, the moon over the hill and the comatose look over everyone at school. I wasn't on earth anymore, or at least the earth I was used to, the arth from my universe.

message 40: by Just Joe (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) I looked around, taking in my surroundings andthen down a myself. I bit my lip and tried to figure out how I could get out of these restraints. I had gotten on of many before but these were different, almost other worldly. Aliens? My mind brought the word up and my jaw dropped a little.

message 41: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

But as ridiculous as it sounded at first, the idea made more and more sense. Was my brother an alien? No, he couldn't be. Right?
I struggled against my restraints but they just pulled tighter. Jeremy came back in the room. I stared at him, waiting for him to do something, or say something, but he just crossed his muscular arms over his chest and stared back at me.

message 42: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (last edited Jun 10, 2012 09:09AM) (new)

Suddenly a loud klaxon broke the silence. Jeremy ran out quickly. When I was sure he left I quickly took a look at the bonds to see if I could escape from them. As I twisted around to see where the lock was, I heard a soft chuckle. Snapping my head forward I saw that a man had come in to the room. He had two swords on his back; one with a hilt over his right shoulder, and the other resting on his left hip. He looked dangerous, and yet he also held about him an air of melancholy, almost as if he had seen and heard all the bad things that living things did. He was also undeniably gorgeous. I'm pretty sure he saw me blush because he chuckled again and said, "I'm married."
To cover up my embarrassment I snapped at him: "What do you want from me? Abuse me? Hurt me? Do some sick, or perverted thing to me?"
At that his eyes flashed and I could see he was no stranger to the battlefield. That glint promised harm to an unwary enemy. "And who," he asked in a deceptively quiet voice, "Who attempted to do such a thing to you?"
It was almost as if the air was scared at the frost in his voice. "Th-th-the person I th-thought w-was my brother." I couldn't quite keep my voice as emotionless as I thought I could.
He didn't walk towards me so much as he stalked; almost like a predatory cat. Unsheathing the sword on his hip which I could now see was the shorter of the two, he slashed at all my bonds. I had to rub the feeling back into my wrists the bonds were so tight.
"Stay behind me and keep quiet." he ordered, "I'll let you in on a secret. That person who brought you here was not your brother. We have an advanced technology that allows one of us to so fully impersonate an individual that even their mother wouldn't be able to tell the difference."
He began muttering to himself and the little I could make out was: "Why would they send that perv Jantell to bring her in?"
I was remained slightly afraid of my rescuer but I was still curious. Yet the only question that I could bring myself to ask was: "W-what's your name?"
He smiled at that, almost like it was a joke only he got and replied: "I go by many names but you can call me Harranser."

message 43: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

I tried the foreign word out. "Harranser," I whispered. It felt weird in my mouth. He pulled me ahead, out of the room I was in. He peeked around the corner, and after a harrowing hesitation, waved me forward and we slipped out of the room and into the impossible. The empty hallway we found ourselves in could simply not exist. Everything was glass. The rounded ceiling and walls, even the floor we tiptoed across. And there were no seams- the entire hallway seemed to be one enormous pane of glass. Impossible.

message 44: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

It was almost like looking at the pyramids, or the Taj Mahal. Almost as if it was an impossible thing to do and yet there it stood, clearly defying both my eyes and logic. A small gasp escaped me. Harranser looked at me, smiled, and then quickly shook his head, driving all amusement from his face.
"Hurry," he said, "We don't have much time! The General dislikes being kept waiting; and I hate cleaning up after him. But remind me to tell you someday how this was built."

message 45: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

I try to file that question in the back of mind, but I have a feeling that there were going to be more important things than the impossible in my future. Harrabser stopped and turned to me. "Okay," he said, "quick grab my hand." I pause raising my eyebrows. He let out an exasperated sigh. "Oh, just grab it already. We're teleporting."

message 46: by Just Joe (last edited Jun 12, 2012 07:02PM) (new)

Just Joe (justjoe) I reached out and as soon as my hand touched his it felt like my body was exploding, or maybe being set on fire. I wabbled and fell off my feet. The world spun as I held my head, not even noticing the scenery around me. Harranser caught me before I hit the floor and began dragging me to another place. "we have to hurry." I thought I heard him say as he picked me up. My head was still throbbing as we moved.

message 47: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Our new scenery was possibly even weirder than the last. We seemed to be on the moon. I took a deep breath, and I could breathe no problem. "Put me down," I tell Harranser.
"You'll have to run," he warned.
"I can," I said. He dropped me down to the moon's surface. I ran. Gravity seemed to be normal

message 48: by lafon حمزة, Pensmaster! (new)

Suddenly a house appeared before us. A beautiful house it was too. Standing in the doorway of the house was a woman, and gosh I'll sound sorta weird saying this, but she was gorgeous. She took one look at me standing beside Harranser, bloodstained and dizzy with trauma, hunger, and exhaustion and said:
"Oh Sharfiq! Not another one! It's only been a month since the last!"
To me she said: "Come on in honey and let me see to that wound of yours."
I followed her inside thinking that nothing about this day could get any weirder. Oh, and why Harranser gave me a different name than what this lady called him.
"So," she said "I'm Aisha. You must be wondering why I called him Sharfiq instead of the name he gave to you, huh? Harranser, right?"
Clearly I was mistaken. The day just obviously got weirder.

message 49: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

But hopefully this Aisha lady could give me some answers because I was still hopelessly confused. I followed her into the house, the inside of which could have been in any earth catalog. Why am I saying Earth? It sounds like I've been to places besides it! But The scary thing is I think I am actually on the moon. But the rooms were perfect the kitchen huge and immaculate. Aisha sat me down at the kitchen table with a big class of milk and homemade chocolate chip cookies. She leaned against the counter, arms crossed, and I felt like I was back home, on earth, not in a stranger's house on the moon.

☽❣≾Кἆяἆ ☾இ☽ סℯἆด ฬỉฑcჩℯธセℯԻ≿❣☾  | 85 comments Aisha, tended to my wound as and told me why she called Harranser, Sharfiq. "Well he has many names, we all to actually, but Sharfiq, is not one of his names. Well not really anyway. I'm sure that Harranser has told you about our technology to impersonate people. well when we do, we get all of your human memories, but we can also impersonate each other. though since the people here are smarting then humans, no offense, when you impersonate them you only get some of their memories. you see we can put certain things in to a private place in the back of are mind at they can get to. So i call Harranser, Sharfiq as sort of a code word, so that he knew that it was all safe here." once she was done explaining it to me, i had so many questions, to ask, but before i could even get a world out there was a knock on the door.
"$#$%$%$%@%" oh great not that again. They must be speaking some alien langue.
Aisha gave me one more glance, the look on her face, was pure terror. She was tense as she stood up, and i could have sworn that she was shaking. I was really freaking out now what the hell is going on here.

« previous 1