Dystopia Lovers discussion

Whats your favorite dystopia book?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Smilla's Sister (smillassister) | 2 comments I was about to recommend We by the Russian author Yevgeny Zamyatin, _the_ classic dystopian novel and major inspiration behind Orwell's 1984, even before I read the end of your sentence. Then I realized that We does have romance in it - or rather, a powerful love story. Action I'm not so sure of, but I do remember that the MC runs about a lot :))

Proceed with caution though as it's quite graphic in places and quite disturbing, or at least I found it so.

message 2: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Phipps (authormaphipps) Not sure if it's really classified as dystopian (it's definitely utopian) but Brave New World is fantastic and really shows the extremes of a government brainwashing an entire population.

message 3: by Greg (last edited Apr 14, 2017 12:47PM) (new)

Greg Hickey 1984, The Giver and The Time Machine.

But I'm really looking for my next favorite dystopian book. So I did some research to find the best dystopian novels of all-time. I searched previous curated lists from the Huffington Post, Wired and several other publications, took suggestions from individual readers on Goodreads and Reddit, and solicited recommendations from dystopian fiction authors like Neal Shusterman, Joelle Charbonneau, David Brin and Lois Lowry to produce this list of The 110 Best Dystopian Novels: http://www.greghickeywrites.com/best-...

As a bonus, I’ve also created two PDF downloads: 1) dystopian recommendations from fourteen dystopian fiction authors, and 2) a one-page guide to the 110 Best Dystopian Novels. Happy reading!

message 4: by Deus (new)

Deus Ex (DeusEx) | 1 comments I've started to fall in love with dystopian literature since discovering the worlds of Deus Ex in winter 2016. My most favourite books are "Deus Ex Blacklight" and "Bladerunner" as well as "Count Zero" or "Ghost in the Shell". I'm currently reading the "Idoru Triology" by William Gibson.