Christian Fiction Fans discussion

What is your favorite Christian fiction book?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Like most of us do not have enough on our to-read list, I'd like to start this discussion:

What is your favorite Christian fiction book?

For me, I would have to say it is The Storekeeper's Daughter by Wanda E. Brunstetter because it is the first Amish series that got me hooked on reading Amish fiction.

What's yours?

message 2: by English (last edited Jun 08, 2012 12:19PM) (new)

English  (english_lady) | 19 comments Some of my favourites include:-

1. The Chronicles of Narnia, Naturally- and do 'The Screwtape Letters' count as 'fiction'?
2.In Honor Bound by Deanna Julie Dodson a recent discovery,

message 3: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments I love all of Karen Witemeyer's books!

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 24 comments My all time favorites are Donovan's Daughter by Lori Wick and Waterfalls by Robin Jones Gunn.

New favorite - Karen Witemeyer's newest, Short Straw Bride Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

message 5: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments I love Lori Wick, and Robin Jones Gunn too!

message 6: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Dawn wrote: "My all time favorites are Donovan's Daughter by Lori Wick and Waterfalls by Robin Jones Gunn.

New favorite - Karen Witemeyer's newest, Short Straw Bride Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer"

I love all three of those books! SSB was amazing and I've reread Donovan's Daughter (and the rest of that series) many times!

message 7: by Abbi (new)

Abbi I have WAY too many favorite books but I'll try to see how many I can list!
Letter Perfect (California Historical Series, #1) by Cathy Marie Hake Fancy Pants (Texas Historical Series, #1) by Cathy Marie Hake That Certain Spark (Texas Historical Series, #4) by Cathy Marie Hake The Bride Blunder (Prairie Promises, #3) by Kelly Eileen Hake Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas #2) by Mary Connealy Montana Rose by Mary Connealy Doctor in Petticoats (Sophie's Daughters, #1) by Mary Connealy In Too Deep by Mary Connealy A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly #3) by Janette Oke The Drifter (Men of the Saddle Series #2) by Lori Copeland Sean Donovan by Lori Wick Donovan's Daughter by Lori Wick Escape to Morning by Susan May Warren Baroness by Susan May Warren Sands of Time by Susan May Warren Wiser Than Serpents by Susan May Warren The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3) by Dee Henderson The Protector (O'Malley #4) by Dee Henderson True Honor (Uncommon Heroes #3) by Dee Henderson Wolfsbane (Discarded Heroes #3) by Ronie Kendig The Chase by DiAnn Mills Submerged by Dani Pettrey Waterfall (River of Time, #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Cascade (River of Time, #2) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Torrent (River of Time, #3) by Lisa Tawn Bergren Bourne (River of Time, #3.1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren So Not Happening (The Charmed Life, #1) by Jenny B. Jones I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2) by Jenny B. Jones So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3) by Jenny B. Jones Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson Finding Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson Romancing Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson The Miracle Girls (A Miracle Girls Novel, #1) by Anne Dayton Breaking Up Is Hard to Do (A Miracle Girls Novel, #2) by Anne Dayton A Little Help from My Friends (A Miracle Girls Novel, #3) by Anne Dayton Love Will Keep Us Together (A Miracle Girls Novel, #4) by Anne Dayton A Bride for a Bit by JoAnn A. Grote Yeah I like a LOT of books!

message 8: by Aerykah (last edited Jun 08, 2012 06:56PM) (new)

Aerykah Abbi wrote: "I have WAY too many favorite books but I'll try to see how many I can list! "

Nice list, Abbi! I totally know how you feel. I hate it when people ask what my fav book or author is. Do they have any idea how impossible it is to choose just one fav? :oP
Hmmm... I see several of my favorites in your list ;)

message 9: by Abbi (new)

Abbi Aerykah wrote: "Abbi wrote: "I have WAY too many favorite books but I'll try to see how many I can list! "

Nice list, Abbi! I totally know how you feel. I hate it when people ask what my fav book or author is. D..."

:)

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 17 comments Anything by Robin Jones Gunn and anything by Love Inspired. Plus a whole lot more! See the my-favorites shelf on my goodreads profile!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It's tough to narrow that down, but I'd have to say the book that got me started reading Christian Fiction is a favorite, A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer.

I'm also enjoying the Green series by Judy Christie very much. I've read the first 4 books in the series and am looking forward to staring the 5th!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Maribel wrote: "Awesome books!
By the way, love your profile pic, Elizabeth :)"

Thank you!

message 13: by Piza Riza (new)

Piza Riza  | 4 comments Abbi wrote: "I have WAY too many favorite books but I'll try to see how many I can list!"

Wow! nice list
But my favourites are The River Of Time series and books by Karen Witemeyer.

message 14: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Abbi wrote: "I have WAY too many favorite books but I'll try to see how many I can list!
Letter Perfect (California Historical Series, #1) by Cathy Marie HakeFancy Pants by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThat Certain Spark (Texas Historical Series, #4) by Cathy Marie HakeThe Bride Blunder (Prairie Promises, #3) by Kelly Eileen Hake[bookcover:C..."

Wow, now that's a list! I can't believe how many of those books I already have downloaded to my kindle. I guess I need to get reading!!! :)

message 15: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) Elizabeth wrote: "It's tough to narrow that down, but I'd have to say the book that got me started reading Christian Fiction is a favorite, A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer.

I'm also enjoying the Green series..."

I loved that book too! It was my first historical fiction book that I read!

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2 comments Okay, more recent Christian fiction- I'd say anything by Kristen Heitzmann. More classic Christian fiction- all of the Narnia books, hands down!

message 17: by Beth (new)

Beth Vogt (goodreadscombethkvogt) | 6 comments I always avoided the "What's your favorite book" question -- and this is a variation of it. My standard answer is now: My favorite book is the first one I read because it opened my eyes to all the other books out there, waiting to be read.
And, no, I'm not really dodging the question. It's just so challenging to pick one book!

message 18: by Patriciaw (new)

Patriciaw | 5 comments Way too many favorites to choose a single one. Off the top of my head, I'm going with Christa Allan's The Edge of Grace.

message 19: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah Beth wrote: "I always avoided the "What's your favorite book" question -- and this is a variation of it. My standard answer is now: My favorite book is the first one I read because it opened my eyes to all the other books out there, waiting to be read..."

Great answer! I'll have to remember that...

message 20: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Mitchell | 177 comments Beth wrote: "I always avoided the "What's your favorite book" question -- and this is a variation of it. My standard answer is now: My favorite book is the first one I read because it opened my eyes to all the ..."

I know what you mean. Good answer.

Sharon Richmond  Bryant | 6 comments I have so many favorites it is hard to decide! Lori Wick , I absolutely love her books and I really loved the books in the Chance Brother series I forgot the Authors but the books are called One Chance In A Million. Second Chance and Taking A Chance!! but I absolutely loved these books and another favorite of mine is called The Sheriff And The Outlaw by Kimberly Coumex !! I am not sure how to spell her last name but that book was wonderful!!