Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4) Breaking Dawn discussion

Who thinks Jacob Black and Leah Clearwater were made for each other???

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 08, 2012 11:33AM) (new)

I personally do. It would've spared (view spoiler). Leah would have suited Jacob sooooo much better than (view spoiler), and I don't say that just because they both had their hearts broken. Who else thinks there was an underlying spark?

message 2: by S.L.J. (last edited Jun 08, 2012 11:45AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

S.L.J. I was hoping they'd get together. It would have been much better if Jake simply got over Bella and moved on with Leah but instead we get the creepy baby imprint thing.

But then, expecting a healthy relationship to show up in the Twilight series is like trying to make a car into pie.

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat omg yes!

message 4: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Jacob (view spoiler) who does! that

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

S.L.J. wrote: "I was hoping they'd get together. It would have been much better if Jake simply got over Bella and moved on with Leah but instead we get the creepy baby imprint thing.

But then, expecting a health..."

LOL U R SO RIGHT.

Kimberley probably not but yeah the baby thing's freaky. How bout seth and renesmee? now that would be cool!

Kelly Kimberley wrote: "probably not but yeah the baby thing's freaky. How bout seth and renesmee? now that would be cool!"

I agree. Seth and Renesmee would be awesome. But you have to admit the movie is really cool when Jacob just goes all protective at the end when the wolf pack comes and tries to kill Renesmee. Love that part in the movie when he imprints.

Kimberley hate it
it's weird seth and renesmee are my two favourite characters besides alice

Kelly Kimberley wrote: "hate it
it's weird seth and renesmee are my two favourite characters besides alice"

Yessss But it is cool in the movie when they are all fighting each other and then jacob tells them to stop.

Seaspray13 I THINK THEY WERE MADE FOR EACHOTHER 2! It totally sounded like they were going to get together!!!!

Rachael I think they were made each other too. I just think they did what they did, to make J apart of B's family. To connect them together because they can never be together any other way. But I do think it would have been a good ending.

message 12: by C.D. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.D. Hussey It was disappointing for Leah to be given so much book time and then...nothing. For a while I thought pairing Jacob with her was where SM was going.

I didn't hate the Renesmee thing only because it made Jacob's attraction to Bella make sense. He was drawn to her because of Renesmee, and vice-versa.

I find imprinting in general to be disturbing. I know the idea of some man doting on you and basically worshipping you sounds appealing. But I had an ex-boyfriend like that. Ugh. Besides, what if you don't return their feelings? What if Renesmee doesn't like Jacob?

Rachael I don't think Renesmee has a choice. If Jacob imprints on her, it's a two way thing. It's because they are destined for each other.

message 14: by C.D. (new) - rated it 4 stars

C.D. Hussey Hmm, I don't quite remember it that way. But I don't have the best memory, so I could be wrong.

Rachael I think it was explained better with Sam and "Wolf Girl," can't remember her name, the one with the scars? He was with Leah and he loved her but as sooon as Sam saw "Wolf Girl" , Leah didn't stand a chance. I think that was the term that was used? I could be wrong because I have a very bad memory as well but it's how I read it.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Her name's Emily.

Sydney Yargeau yes they were made for eachother

Vixen Yes. I think the same thing. When I was reading Breaking Dawn and it was Jacobs POV I was hoping for that. They both knew what it was like to love someone that they couldn't have. It would have been better if they ended up together. I really thought that was going to happen when they were alone together and discussing her staying with him rather than return to Sam and his pack. u_u It would have made more sense. But then he probably wouldn't have imprinted on Renesmee and the vampires and werewolves would have fought to keep her safe/kill her.

Rachael Thanx Brooke :) that's the one!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

They had it! They had the chemistry, the spark, the whatever-you-want-to-call-it. I will never understand why Stephenie didn't give them (and us) that happy ending...

message 21: by Rachael (last edited Jun 17, 2012 08:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachael I think as well, as Leah loved the thought of imprinting and Jacob hated it, it was like another blow to poor Leah who still hasn't imprinted!
I think it was an easy out for SM. Like Vixen said, Resemee wouldn't have been spared if he hadn't have imprinted on her as that was the only reason the the wolves didn't attack.
SM would have had to have found another way around the wolves and the Vamps living together in harmony again and that maybe would have made the book go on to long OR she would have had to have written another just on the fight between Wolves Vs Cullens!
Who knows lol, I can't really think of another reason, except for the whole Jacob's obsession with Bella. That as well was explained through the imprinting. As much as I love the Twilight books, I would have loved that to be the ending for Leah and Jacob I just think it would have changed to much.

message 22: by AurorainBookland (last edited Jun 17, 2012 01:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AurorainBookland Goth: *~Kat Della-Rayna~* :Emo wrote: "Jacob [spoilers removed] who does! that"

In breaking dawn Jacob says he doesn't think of her like that, he thinks of her as a sister. With imprinting you become whatever the person you imprit on needs, a brother, protector, lover ect. It's not creepy at all, Quil imprinted on Claire a todler and they have a big brother to little sister relationship IF Jacob had felt that way about the baby Edward would have fought him it says so in breaking dawn and imprinting is explained in new moon

besides it doesn't say that all imprinted wolfs and their imprints end up with each other, she could end up with someone else, and Leah and Jacob would be cute together

Rahel Abraham Brooke wrote: "I personally do. It would've spared [spoilers removed]. Leah would have suited Jacob sooooo much better than [spoilers removed], and I don't say that just because they both had their hearts broken...."

me!!!! finally someone says what i was thinking through that whole book!

Sydney I sooooooooo wish they got together. But "Rennesme" had to saunter around in front of Jacob. Ugh!!! Leah and Jacob soooooooooo should have imprinted!!! Rennesme is a baby for crying out loud!!! Ugh, so should have been Leah!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, they are perfect for each other, the torment and isolation alone should have drove them together. However in the context of the story, it would have been to obvious to let them be together!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

PERFECT EQUATION:
(L+J) = OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :}

Sabrina has anyone even read the books? the whole point of imprinting is that from the first moment you see them, you imprint. it doesnt matter that shes a baby right now , in the movies timeline. she grows up in the breaking dawn and is no longer a small child. and jacob and leah were never very close so why would SM write it that way if they would get together. not to be rude, but its commen sense.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I just remembered!!!
During Jacob's little road trip, Leah walks into the Lions' Den (aka the Cullens' house) and starts yelling at Bella about the way she's been treating Jacob. Surely she would not have done that if she didn't feel SOMETHING for him. Am I right or am I right?

To answer your question, Sabrina, I have read all four books and have not seen a single one of the movies. Anyway, whoever said imprinting is permanent?

Joannne not sure really. i love the way Jacob imprinted in the movie. it was beautiful and to be honest, its not always about romantic love, well that's what i think SM was showing. leah is nice but surely jacob would have imprinted on her ages ago if it was meant to be????

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Joannne wrote: "not sure really. i love the way Jacob imprinted in the movie. it was beautiful and to be honest, its not always about romantic love, well that's what i think SM was showing. leah is nice but surely..."
I agree that it's not always about romantic love. But if that's true, then I don't see why Jacob can't be Renesmee's "big brother" and be with Leah at the same time.

Bianca Kimberley wrote: "hate it
it's weird seth and renesmee are my two favourite characters besides alice"

I <3 Alice too haha and Senesmee?? Has the human race gone bloody mad?? I did always like Seth though... Even in the movie (and I didnt particularly like the movie)

Sydney Yargeau I think that Stephanie Meyer just sort of gave Jacob a happy ending since he couldnt have bella,but it seems Leah and Jacob should be together

Bianca Sydney wrote: "I think that Stephanie Meyer just sort of gave Jacob a happy ending since he couldnt have bella,but it seems Leah and Jacob should be together"

Me too...

message 34: by AurorainBookland (last edited Jun 20, 2012 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AurorainBookland Sydney wrote: "I think that Stephanie Meyer just sort of gave Jacob a happy ending since he couldnt have bella,but it seems Leah and Jacob should be together"

They might later, SM didn't say all wolves marry their imprints. Imprinting you become what the person you imprinted on needs, so Nessie could fall in love with someone else. Jacob stays her big brother and maybe falls in love with Leah and Leah falls in love with Jacob.

Danielle I would completely agree with that statement. They had that love/hate thing going on

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh-huh!

message 37: by em (new) - rated it 5 stars

em I would have liked to see that.

Phoebe Fitz-Gerald I do! I think they should have imprinted on each other, that would have been cute :3

Amanda Inkenbrandt Did anyone else get really sad for Leah when she discussed why no one imprinted on her? She was talking about how it started to make the most powerful wolves, so she assumed she was barren. It was so sad.

I think Leah and Jacob would have been cute together, mainly because I would have loved to hear more about Leah.

message 40: by Rula (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rula Rachael wrote: "I don't think Renesmee has a choice. If Jacob imprints on her, it's a two way thing. It's because they are destined for each other."

i agree, because when a werewolf imprints on a baby, who is half-human and half-vampire, they are definitely destined to each other. there was a scene in the fourth film, where Rosalie has got the baby in her hands, Jacob sits behind her, and he can see her life. i remember that Jacob says a very important line, "a friend, a brother, a protector." i think that they were meant to be together.

Rachael Beautiful quote.. I agree Rula :)

Weiting Kimberley wrote: "probably not but yeah the baby thing's freaky. How bout seth and renesmee? now that would be cool!"

Not really, I mean seth's a lot older than nessie.

Weiting Leah and Jacob is a great idea!

message 44: by Rula (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rula Rachael wrote: "Beautiful quote.. I agree Rula :)"

thanks. that means a lot Rachael. i never thought i'd see the day when one of my friends would agree with me. anybody else??

message 45: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat I think they were...
All through the book it keeps talking about how stressed and uncomfortable Leah is being around all these vampires. I think it would have made a lot more sense if Jacob and Leah were together. Renesme doesn't need a romance she's a BABY for God's sake....
The only problem with that is what about the pack truce thing? The wolves would have no reason not to kill Renesme... but I'm sure they could have made some other kinda truce.

message 46: by Rula (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rula Rachael wrote: "I don't think Renesmee has a choice. If Jacob imprints on her, it's a two way thing. It's because they are destined for each other."

i agree because in the film you actually see jacob kneeling down where Rosalie is sitting and she's holding Renee-Esme...but when she looks at him, he can see her entire future with him, hence the phrase, "a friend, a brother, a protector." i think it is charming really because they are destined for each other, like with Bella and Edward.

message 47: by AurorainBookland (last edited Jun 29, 2012 02:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AurorainBookland Rula wrote: "Rachael wrote: "I don't think Renesmee has a choice. If Jacob imprints on her, it's a two way thing. It's because they are destined for each other."

i agree because in the film you actually see ja..."

That quote shows what a werewof feels with the person he or she imprints on. You become whatever the person you imprinted on needs a friend, a brother, a protector. ect. So when you think about Jacob imprinting on a baby nessie as a love thing that;s not true Jacob doesn't have romatic feelings for Nessie he has brotherly feeling toward her - Jacob teels Bella in the book breaking dawn that he doesn't feel that way about her - that being romantic feelings. Because he then says "Do you think Edward would let me live that long if I did," Or something simular.

So in conculsion the Jecob imprinting on Renesmme isn't a love relationship, don't compare all imprinting to Sam and Emily they are adults and Emily needed a lover at the time Sam imprinted on her so that's what he is. Quil is a brother to Claire becuase she is todler and that's what she needs, Jacob is a brother and protector to Renesmee because that's what she needs.

SM didn't state that Claire and Quil and Jacob and Nessie will ever have romantic feeling toward eachother so the Leah and Jacob romance is possible.

Nichole The way I see it: Leah likes Jacob, duh, Jacob see's her as a sister. In such cases like that, unless Leah suddenly BLOSSOMS into a "women" allowing Jacob to lose that "sister" vision of her, he'll never see her as more. Situations like this happen in the real world a lot; it doesn't necessarily equate that they belong together though

Mimi ❤ They were never meant for eachother

Annie I totally thought and hoped that they would get together. Plus, that would have been abetter ending because now Lea never will get her happy ending because there arnt any more books. Plus the whole jacob and renesmee thing is a little creepy.

« previous 1