Audiobooks discussion

Archives > New Audible.com Sale till June 17

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Jun 15, 2012 10:33AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 109 comments 25% off everything for members! I'm already eye-ing some more in the Travis McGee series, which I started for the second time last month.

message 2: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie | 1170 comments I already went and bought:
Scribbling The Cat
The Art of Hearing Heartbeats
Sipping from the Nile
Between Love and Honor
because they became cheaper than the cost for one credit.

I used a credit for:Skeletons at the Feast

message 3: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie | 3657 comments I bought three Jim Dale narrated books I somehow missed. Liesl and Po, Peter and the Wolf (the Prokofiev piece), and the Shoebird--another musical piece around Eudora welty's short story.

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. 3 books from I had on my wishlist are now less than $8 so I may end up buying them. But I'm thinking about it! I have too many audios already on my iPod.

message 5: by John, Moderator (last edited Jun 08, 2012 05:04PM) (new)

John | 3685 comments Not quite everything on my wishlist is discounted ... but almost. I'm tempted to get a $6 book that I'm nearly certain my library will never have available.

message 6: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 473 comments I have about 70 items in my wishlist and one 1 is below the price of one of my credits. I'm disappointed in this sale.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura P | 94 comments I bought book 3 in the Iron Druid Chronicles since it is on sale and less than $10.

I'm hoping they have a good special with credits soon. I've got credits saved up waiting for a chance to stock up without having to spend a lot of extra cash.

message 8: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Grumpus wrote: "I have about 70 items in my wishlist and one 1 is below the price of one of my credits. I'm disappointed in this sale."

That sucks, Grumpus! I only have around 10 items on my wishlist and 9 of them are part of the sale.

I bought one book for $7.35 and I'm thinking on buying a second one.

message 9: by John, Moderator (new)

John | 3685 comments Well ... a few were around 50 cents less than the cost of a credit, which I consider the same "price" rather than a discount. If I want those later, a credit will be fine. I did buy the $6 book mentioned above: In the Dolphin's Wake: Cocktails, Calamities and Caiques in the Greek Islands.

Grumpus: have you bought that one wishlist book of yours (yet)?

message 10: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Oh yes, most of mine are still more expensive than a credit so I won't be buying them.

message 11: by Grumpus, Hearing aide (new)

Grumpus | 473 comments John wrote: "Well ... a few were around 50 cents less than the cost of a credit, which I consider the same "price" rather than a discount. If I want those later, a credit will be fine. I did buy the $6 book men..."

No John, like you said, it wasn't much below the cost of a credit and it wasn't a book that I was in the mood to read...it'll probably be cheaper in a future promotion.