Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Family Corner > My Mom's Banana Pudding

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (last edited Jun 08, 2012 06:17AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments My mom makes the best Banana Pudding that I have ever tasted. My daughter wanted to know how to make it so we went over there and made some yesterday. Thought I'd share the recipe

Banana Pudding

1 lg pkg vanilla pudding
6 medium bananas
1 box of Nilla wafers
1 reg tub Cool Whip
3 cups of milk

In a bowl slice bananas about 1/3 inch thick. Take the box of Nilla wafers and take about 10 and put them aside. Crush the rest into the bowl.

In another bowl, mix the vanilla pudding and milk thoroughly. When done, pour over the bananas and Nilla wafers. Put in the Cool Whip and stir until mixed well. Pour into the bowl you wish to store it in and then place the remaining Nilla Wafers on top and refrigerate. Ready to eat after chilled.

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Mmm, I don't normally like bananas but my aunt makes a banana something. its not exaclty pudding but its delicious. she puts a layer of banana pudding then a layer of chocolate pudding a layer of cool whip and some walnuts on top. I don't normally enjoy walnuts but this dish is amazing.

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Yum, that sounds good, Jordan.

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Oh yeah its the best, makes me hungry just thinking about it! She also makes this pea salad (yeah I know it doesn't sound good) and its a lot better than it sounds. she takes frozen peas and puts like Mayo and something else on it and then she puts cheese in it. its actually super good!

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments That one wouldn't work for me. I'm allergic to eggs (mayo) and hate peas. ☺

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Pamela, is the pudding used in the recipe instant pudding?

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments yes, instant vanilla pudding. ☺

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Ah! I thought so. ☺ Sounds yummy.

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments It passes the daughter test. My daughter is one of those picky eaters and doesn't like normal "kid" food.

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Yes, Nilla wafers were something I could get my ex to eat when he was so sick. I love 'em.

message 11: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (last edited Jul 19, 2012 09:15AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Not fond of the generic brand.

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Nope. Me neither.

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments I remember years and years ago when my ex and I were being frugal... he couldn't get over the amount of money I spent of groceries. To economize, he told me to buy generic instead of brand names. So, I came home with generic crackers and I got, "Hey, where are my Ritz?" I was, like, "You told me to buy generic." He said, "Yes. But, for your stuff, not mine." LOL!

message 14: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments lol. haha What good for the goose is good for the gander.

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Men!

message 16: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Connell (tinkerer) | 271 comments Hills wafers are delicious. there are just some things you can not go generic on!

message 17: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 951 comments I absolutely LOVE banana pudding :). This sounds delicious! I will have to try it!