Nightfall...Roleplay- random topics discussion

Boarding School > Boarding School RP

Comments Showing 1-50 of 387 (387 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Jamie (last edited Jun 07, 2012 10:33PM) (new)

Jamie (Jamie1Elizabeth) | 2389 comments Mod
This is a boarding school for only the gifted. There are secrets lurking around and the adults won't tell you anything. Why are students going missing? Who are the people in black clothing that guard? Why are the gifted students even there? Can you figure out the answers?

message 2: by Ky (last edited Jun 27, 2012 12:09PM) (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Emileigh finished braiding her hair and bound the end with an elastic band, letting the braid fall back over her shoulder. She pulled a black knit hat over her red hair and did up another button on her blazer before leaving her room. She felt nervous whenever she was in the hallways as guards stood at intervals. It was silly of her to feel nervous around them - as there were guards all over campus - but something about them being so close to the place she called her own made her more uncomfortable than usual.

She adjusted her hold on her notebooks and pencil case and headed out of the building, eyes straight ahead. If she didn't have to look at them, she wouldn't.

Her first class was in the building closest to her dorm, so she was there within moments. She took her seat, put her notebooks on the desk, and relaxed, waiting for the rest of the students, and the teacher, to arrive.

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Rhain stepped into the classroom and slammed his bag down onto the table next to his desk. He, with a serious expression, pulled off his long red jacket and set it on the back of his spinny chair. He hadn't even bothered attending today's board meeting as it's always about the same bull sh*t every time. He snatched up a marker and quickly began write on the white board:

TODAY'S PROMPT: "IF YOU COULD RULE THE WORLD WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?"

It was written in red. The color he was gonna produce if someone gave him a half-a** job of a writing assignment. That was his only warning.

Blayze pulled off his blue jacket that was similar to Rhain's in exchange for a white coat. He buttoned it up all the way before switching on his computer. The darkness didn't bother him, but somehow it made the room ominous so quietly he moved from the computer and opened all the window shades to let the pressing light. With the white curtains lighting up the room became illuminated and didn't need for him to put on any lights. He changed the bed sheets then signed in to the school system.

message 4: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Emileigh glanced up at the board and watched as the teacher wrote down the day's prompt. She opened one of her notebooks -for this class, green- and took out a pencil, sharpened to a perfect point. For another moment she analyzed the board. What would she change if she could rule the world? Well, she didn't want to rule the world. She'd never had to think about it before.

But the teacher wouldn't accept that as an answer and she would only find herself in trouble. She put her chin in her hands and narrowed her eyes, thinking, lips pursed in a slight pout.

message 5: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Jax walked into the classroom, mildly surprised to see that there was only one other student in the room. Was he actually early? He was never early. However, the teacher was here so perhaps the other students were on their way? With a shrug, Jax moved to his desk and sat down, dropping his bag to the ground beside him with a dull thud.

message 6: by Meredith (last edited Jun 08, 2012 08:27PM) (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Elouise checked her mascara in the mirror and briefly dabbed on some light pink lip gloss, before quickly running a hair brush through her golden waves. She glanced at the neon digital clock next to her bed, before slipping her arms into her school-issued blazer. She scanned the buttons of her white blouse, tucked into her pleated skirt, just to make sure she had not missed any, before slipping her black-stockinged feet into black patent leather flats. Elouise grabbed her notebooks and pencil case and holding them with both arms, darted out of her dorm. Per usual, she avoided eye contact with the guards, although their presence did not go unnoticed. She had simply become more accustomed, more immune, to it. She increased her pace slightly as she crossed the immaculate courtyard, not wanting to be late. With one brief glance at the guard closest to the door of her first period class, she strode in and settled into the closest open seat, hoping that the teacher would not notice that she was tardy. Or was she late?, there were only two other students there.

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Rhain dropped into his chair and put his feet up on the desk. His eyes narrowed when he logged into the system and found a scolding email. Whatever. He deleted it without reading. If they really wanted him to go they would make it worth while.

More students entered the class before Blayze appeared. He spoke not a word and merely held up a white envelope with a red stamp.

"Psht. Burn it. I don't need crap like that," Rhain said arrogantly, "And I don't know why they think having you bring that to me will make a difference."

"It is because, my dear brother, you are an idiot that you refuse to pay attention to small details," Blayze said calmly and placed the envelope on the table. "It's rather important and worth while, to read, I think," he said simply.

Rhain's eyes went from annoyed to angry. "I already spend a lot of time reading sh**ty papers as it is. ((Talking about students)) I don't need to waste anymore of me precious time. Oh. Also, call me an idiot again and see what happens."

message 8: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise arranged her notebooks neatly on her desk, and pulled out her favorite ballpoint pen.

message 9: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Emileigh's concentration was disturbed by Doctor Blayze's intrusion. She glanced around and was surprised to find that the majority of the class had arrived while she had been lost in thought. She frowned. She really needed to stop doing that. She got so into what was going on in her own mind that she often lost track of the real world and it was beginning to be a problem.
She observed the Professor's response to the Doctor's arrival and waited for class to begin, ignoring the other students for the most part.

Jax had his headphones on and was nodding his head to the music, already jotting down his answer to the Professor's prompt. Oh, what he would do if he could rule the world!

message 10: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise bit her lip and clicked the cap of her pen a few times until she had come up with an answer. She flipped open her notebook and jotted down an answer, in an elegant flowing cursive.

message 11: by Jamie (last edited Jun 08, 2012 08:44PM) (new)

((Hahahahaha...I like Jax already!!!))

Blayze raised an eyebrow, but then his lips curled into a dark smirk. "Your class is about to begin. I will be sitting in for observational purposes and we've already discussed this so there is no arguing." He moved towards the back of the room with his binder and sat down.

Rhain scowled, but it was true...they had spoken about it. Damn!!! He slammed his hand down onto his desk. "You've all five more minutes to write something down before I randomly select some to read out loud," he said loudly, with deep annoyance.

message 12: by Meredith (last edited Jun 08, 2012 08:49PM) (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise barely noticed the Professor's words, she was too busy writing her response to the prompt.

message 13: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((haha well, I am glad.))

Emileigh's eyes widened and she looked down at her paper. Blank. She winced and pressed her pencil to the paper. Information swirled in her mind but she couldn't focus. She rubbed her eye absently with her free hand, writing down a simple answer. She wasn't pleased with her work but it was all she was getting on this subject. She just prayed she wouldn't be called on.

Jax smirked, tapping his pencil eraser on the desktop lightly to the beat of his music. He had his answer down and didn't care if anyone liked it or not.

message 14: by Meredith (last edited Jun 08, 2012 09:58PM) (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments She finished and put her pen down, her eyes hastily scanning her work. Eloise prayed that she would not be called upon.

message 15: by Jamie (new)

((Oh...he and Rhain will not get a long at all...))

Rhain turned his attention to the computer and found a replica of the email again in his inbox. His gaze shifted towards his brother and found Blayze watching him. Heh. Whatever. Rhain smirked and clicked on the email. It was boring, but then it became much more interesting. Worth while indeed. These children...

Blayze glanced at the clock as if he were warning his brother. The important business could wait till later.

Rhain pushed himself into a standing position. "Alright. Ready or not...I'm not waiting anymore." He moved around the desk and leaned onto it. His eyes scanned the students. "Let's see just how gifted you all really are." He pointed towards Eloise. "You. Girl. Give me your paper."

message 16: by Meredith (last edited Jun 08, 2012 09:58PM) (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise froze momentarily, but nonetheless handed her paper to him. Of course, he just has to call on me.

message 17: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((I didn't think they would.))

Emileigh closed her eyes, dreading the worst- but no. She opened them again and glanced around to see who the poor girl was. Eloise. Well, Eloise was a smart girl in her opinion. She had probably finished long before being called on.

She watched as the girl handed over her paper and silently Emileigh added the rest of her thoughts to her own, putting her pencil down.

She waited for the Professor to speak again.

Jax glanced back at the Doctor momentarily before returning his attention, not to the Professor, but to his pencil and music.

message 18: by Jamie (new)

((Nope.))

Rhain was going to read the paper, but hearing blasting music was much more interesting. He crossed his arms and turned towards Jax. Funny thing was...he like that kind of music, but what he didn't like was that the boy thought he could do anything he wanted. That kind of attitude was reserved for only Rhain. His picked up a blackboard eraser and chucked it across the room watching it hit Jax dead in the forehead. He threw it with enough impact to topple the boy over.

Blayze was expressionless. Obviously his brother couldn't control his anger no matter where he was. He didn't see him as a fitting teacher. However, it WAS somewhat amusing....

message 19: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise raised an eyebrow, the teacher was quite aggressive. She decided that she'd never let her iPod get within a 10 foot radius of the Professor. Eloise felt bad for the boy, although his quite obvious attitude merited some disapproval.

message 20: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Jax was not amused and was back in his seat in only a moment (yay super speed and strength...), angry eyes on the teacher. "That was immature, Professor. Words are a better way to attract a positive response." He sat still in his seat, the eraser in his hand, eyes on the teacher.

Emileigh closed her eyes again. Please don't fight... Something about this day was just driving her to the edge and every little thing set her mind aflame. She couldn't think properly and she was just so tired...

message 21: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments ((so, how exactly are these students gifted? And in what sense of the word?))
Eloise admired the boy's bravery, or perhaps foolishness, to stand up to the teacher. She just hoped that she would not be the next victim of flying erasers.

message 22: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((Physically, mentally, supernaturally. Emileigh is really smart and can control some aspects of nature. Jax is strong and unusually fast.))

message 23: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments ((ooh cool... I'll have to think of some supernatural powers for Eloise.. any suggestions?))

message 24: by Jamie (new)

((Hahahaha Eloise!!!))

Rhain smirked and leaned back with his amused gaze on Jax. "Heh,I don't have to patience to waste words on students who deliberately disobey. The bell. Has rung. Class. Has already started." His expression was a challenge. Throw the eraser and see...just what would happen.

Doctor Blayze wasn't going to let Rhain or the boy cause trouble today. He stood up and walked over to Jax. "Please, if you will," he said extending his hand out towards Jax, "The eraser."

message 25: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((It could be anything.))

message 26: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments ((I'll be back in about ten minutes, just letting y'all know.))

message 27: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Jax hadn't planned on throwing it so handing it over to the Doctor wasn't a big deal to him. He dropped it lightly into the man's outstretched hand, his eyes never leaving the Professor's face. "Pardon me, but you merely needed to say that." He smiled slightly and turned his music off, pushing his headphones back on his head so they no longer covered either of his ears (they had previously covered only one).

Emileigh zoned out again unintentionally.

message 28: by Jamie (new)

((Bahahahaha...Rhain isn't the type to care. He shouldn't even be a teacher. I dunno what made me do it....do you think I should make him a student instead?))

message 29: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((Whatever you want. Would you have another strict teacher take his place? :P))

message 30: by Jamie (last edited Jun 08, 2012 09:59PM) (new)

((Hahahahahaha...okay...he can stay then. I think you are enjoying this...))

Rhain watched his brother. "So dignified. Congratulations bro," he said clapping, "You should be the teacher of this class. I don't know why they wanted me to do it." He picked up the paper and began to read it to himself. "Elo-ise...this is interesting. Kind of reminds me a little about myself. For that...I won't read it out loud." He extended his hand. "Here, I'll choose someone else."

Blayze tossed the eraser onto the desk before moving back to his seat. "I don't know why they chose you either, but furthermore...you are now the teacher. So please act like it."

Rhain scanned the room with a bored expression again. "Yeah yeah...," he said before dropping his gaze on some random kid that answered. "You," he said extending his hand.

The boy was doodling on his paper. He froze and then slowly brought it up to Rhain.

Rhain snatched it from him and started to read it. "What the hell is this," he asked in an outrage. He lifted the paper up and read out loud: "If I could rule the world. I'd make all sexy woman serve me in the nude and obey my every order. I would sit back and relax while everyone else served me...I'm not even gonna read the rest of it." He turned his gaze towards the boy and crumpled up his people of paper. "That. Was sick. Imagining something like that in my class. I'll make you suffer," he said with a smirk, "By making you talk to my brother after class because something like that can't be good for the world. Now sit down."

message 31: by Meredith (last edited Jun 08, 2012 10:07PM) (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise smiled, taking her notebook back from him. At least he had the courtesy to not read it aloud.

((and by the way, Eloise has mind control, and its especially affective on males. When she was younger she had absolutely no control of it, and therefore always wondered whether her friends were actually her friends, or simply just under her influence. She has a better handle on it now, but is still shy and reserved because she does not want to accidentally manipulate anyone.))

message 32: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((Oh my! ahahaha that boy.)) ((And you're right...I do enjoy it!))

Jax stared at the unfortunate boy with dislike mixed with amusement. What had he been thinking when he wrote that down in this class? Surely he simply hadn't been thinking at all.

Emileigh startled out of her reverie and blinked slowly. What had she missed? Eloise didn't seem bothered and she had her notebook back, but...whose paper was the Professor crumpling?

((Regarding Eloise: that is very cool.))

message 33: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise blushed slightly at the boy's raunchy words. Why would you ever write that on a school assignment?

message 34: by Jamie (new)

((Yeah!!! That is!!!))

He threw the paper ball at the boy and watched as it smacked straight into his head lightly. Rhain actually glanced at his brother and said, "You can't say he didn't deserve that one."

The boy stumbled, but didn't fall and took a seat.

Blayze shook his head and chuckled. "Continue."

Rhain swung his body over the table and erased the words from the board and began to write.

((Sorry...I was thinking about what he would write...))

message 35: by Ky (last edited Jun 08, 2012 10:47PM) (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((That's okay.))

Emileigh watched the Professor write on the board, her eyes following each movement of the marker. It helped her to focus, watching the easy flow of words.

message 36: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise turned back to the board, wondering if there was any point to this prompt.

message 37: by Jamie (new)

The words were:

IF THEY RULED THE WORLD MANY WOULD DIE
PEOPLE WOULDN'T WIN BUT OH THEY WOULD TRY.
BLACK AS THE NIGHT AND LURKING NEAR.
THEY ARE EVERYTHING THAT YOU SHOULD FEAR.
MY WARNING TO YOU IS ONLY THIS WORD.
GUARDS. BUT PRETEND LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD.

message 38: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Emileigh felt cold. Her eyes darted towards the door, outside which she knew a guard stood. She frowned, shivered. Was she taking this wrongly? She couldn't help it, her fingers snatched up her pencil and she wrote the poem down, clearly marking below it that the words were not her own. However, it was not written so just anyone could read it, they would have to understand her code.
As she had been perfecting this code since childhood and no one had yet cracked a single word, she was not afraid that another student would understand it.

message 39: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise scanned the poem, her eyes glazed over. It sent chills over her spine but she could not pinpoint exactly why.

message 40: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments ((Alas, I bid you adieu. I'm falling asleep on my laptop. Good night!))

message 41: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((Goodnight!))

message 42: by Jamie (new)

((Night!!! We will wait for you!!!))

Rhain put down the red marker and turned his attention towards Blayze. A smirk crept onto his face as he saw that his brother was expressionless. He was only warning the brats about the impending. They didn't know the true horrors that were about to begin or why it would even be happening. He wasn't a compassionate person nor did he care, but at the moment he was feeling somewhat charitable.

Blayze internally sighed because of his brother's recklessness. He only hoped this wouldn't get the both of them in trouble.

message 43: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Emileigh looked from one to the other and silently noted that they seemed to be communicating through body language. She turned her eyes to her desk, analyzing the poem once more. A warning, maybe? But why would the Professor bother to do such a thing? He didn't seem to be the helpful sort of man.

((Yes! Tomorrow we shall continue!))

message 44: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments ((Thank you!))
Eloise also noticed that the two brothers seemed to be silently communicating. She did not know why the Professor was smirking, but nor did she want to, he seemed pretty sinister.

message 45: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments ((Oh my gosh, I love this rp.))

message 46: by Jamie (new)

Rhain defiantly left the poem on the board and said, "Go grab a text book from the side of the window and then come up to me and tell me your number. The number is in the inside of the cover." He pulled out a pen and a chart with everyone's name of it. He may not look or act responsible, but he could be...at times.

Blayze nodded silently and began writing something down. Then he stood up and moved gracefully towards the board and picked up the red marker to write under the eerie poem:

IT HAS ALREADY BEGUN...

In clear delicate words.

message 47: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Emileigh added that bit under her copy of the poem and then got up to grab a textbook. Once she had one she got in the short line in front of the Professor. She checked the number and closed the cover again. She would remember it well enough when it came to be her turn.

message 48: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (msullivan96) | 68 comments Eloise had already made her way over to the bookshelf and therefore had not seen Blayze's addition to the poem. She checked the number and sat down, bringing the book with her.

message 49: by Jamie (new)

Rhain raised an eyebrow. "So, I'm guessing you're with me?"

"You are my brother," Blayze said simply, "And for as much as you are hard headed...this seems like a better choice."

Rhain tossed Blayze the eraser and with a smirk said,"Hmph. Looks like we'll have to work together."

message 50: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) | 2312 comments Emileigh told the Professor her book's number and went back to her place, navigating the desks easily and smoothly until she could take her seat.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8