Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) Eragon discussion

Inheretance....is anyone else mad at the ending?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meagin Ok I knew that it was coming...Eragon had to leave Alagsia forever or whatever the prophecy was, but why couldn't he be with Arya? I love them together!!!!! I was sooooo sad when he left I almost cried....anyone else?

message 2: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Thanks for ruining the book for me! YOU SHOULD'VE PUT THIS UNDER THE LAST BOOK!!! You just spoiled the ending for anyone who just read Eragon (the book you friggin put this disscusion under)

Meagin I'm sorry but the description does cleary state that the disscussion is about The ending of Inheritence so don't get all freaked out ok?

message 4: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Inheritance is the name of the series, it could mean any of the books.

Meagin ya but then that would mean theend of the sereis.... what ever? lets just let this go ok? im really sorry that I spoiled the end of the book for you like that, i absolutley love to read and theres nothing I hate more than someone telling me end of a book. I honestly didn't mean to.

Anthony Meagin wrote: "I'm sorry but the description does cleary state that the disscussion is about The ending of Inheritence so don't get all freaked out ok?"

You probably think your title was clear. However it is not clear that you would be discussing the entire series rather than the book you posted the discussion under. It would have been more appropriate to post under the final book's forum rather than the first book's forum.

Now you know, and can be better in the future.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Look, she said it was a mistake, and who cares? I make mistakes all the time and hate when like 5 different people tell me. UGH!

CONTAINS SPOILERS SO DONT COMPLAIN I JUST WARNED YOU

But I just wanted to say I was also not likeing the ending. Like, it doesn't really talk about how Eragon's gonna get more eggs over across the sea to hatch for other people, plus I wanted to learn more about Angela! Like honsetly it's just so not detailed about anything when it comes to her. Also, I didn't get why the spell against Galbatrox worked when he could have just said the word and made it stop? I just felt like there was so much things that could/should have ended different.

message 8: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Anthony wrote: "You probably think your title was clear. However it is not clear that you would be discussing the entire series rather than the book you posted the discussion under. It would have been more appropriate to post under the final book's forum rather than the first book's forum.

Now you know, and can be better in the future."

THANK YOU! And Marrisaaaaaa,how ever many frickin a's are there, you know you can put it in a spoiler tab LIKE THIS!!!

Meagin Marisaaaaa wrote: "Look, she said it was a mistake, and who cares? I make mistakes all the time and hate when like 5 different people tell me. UGH!

But I just wa..."

thank you! we all make mistakes so let the whole thing go! jeez one little mistake and everyone is biting my head off!

message 10: by Duan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Duan totally hated the ending, had me wishing for more but perhaps thats a good mark of an author

Sunny C-s CONTAINS SPOILERS! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE SEIRIES!

I wish I knew more about Angela, like how with the weird priest she told him 'who she really was', so that made me curious. And how old IS she? But her character was still kick-butt awesome, despite the mysteries.

Monica the ending was the only part of the book that i did like. Eragon and Arya can be together 50 years from the ending. he's young let them do what they got to do for their people. They live very long lifespans.

message 13: by Lora (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lora Funny, I couldn't get through the entire series so I clicked on this looking for spoilers. So there's yet another way of reading the heading. I expected spoilers! Go figure!

message 14: by Esme (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esme hahaha

message 15: by John (last edited Jun 12, 2012 03:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

John I_love_you wrote: "Look, she said it was a mistake, and who cares? I make mistakes all the time and hate when like 5 different people tell me. UGH!

But I just wa..."

First the eggs would be sent back, how doesn't truly matter. Also they are not specifically traveling across a sea just away from alagaesia on a river in a boat.

Second Angela is meant to be mysterious its the way that character is, if you lose all the mystery then shes no where near as interesting.

Third magic is not bound by the language or its name because magic existed before the language was created or had any control over it. So one can cast spells with or without the words as long as one is careful and very specific with ones intention. So the main point of using a spell with no words makes it hard to counter as well as impossible to control with just the name of the language.

hope that helps person named I_love_you

message 16: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Monica wrote: "the ending was the only part of the book that i did like. Eragon and Arya can be together 50 years from the ending. he's young let them do what they got to do for their people. They live very long ..."

There have been hints by the author that this is not the last we will hear from the characters though what that means ....

message 17: by Jose (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jose Velasquez I like how he ended the book. He left it open for a continuation which I would love to see. This may have been an end of the series, but I don't believe it will be the end of this ongoing story.

message 18: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

John Jose wrote: "I like how he ended the book. He left it open for a continuation which I would love to see. This may have been an end of the series, but I don't believe it will be the end of this ongoing story."

Agreed. Would love to see more even if its not for this set of books.

Robert Wright Goth: *~Kat Della-Rayna~* :Emo wrote: "Thanks for ruining the book for me! YOU SHOULD'VE PUT THIS UNDER THE LAST BOOK!!! You just spoiled the ending for anyone who just read Eragon (the book you friggin put this disscusion under)"

^This^. Learn to label & hide your spoilers, and, better yet, relate the topic to the correct book.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate the ending of Inheritance. When I finally got the book, I felt bored and decided to cheat on it by reading the synopsis of Inheritance on Wikipedia. I saw the ending and screamed so loud I bet all the crows flew away from their perching position. Why doesn't Eragon marry Arya or something? Faolin is dead! Get over him, you @#$%&. Eragon is better than Faolin! Ugh!!!

Rachael foley I am ashamed to say that i threw the book once i was finished with it. (Thankfully it hit my bed) Then i started to cry and then I vowed to hate Christopher Paolini for the rest of my life, then I decided he was one of my favorite authors again. Yes, I realize that I'm very indescisive.

Julianna It makes no sense. How can Eragon leave forever, if he's immortal? That means he will never ever ever come back. How are they going to get the other eggs? What if he's needed? Forever is too long for a person who lives forever.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Excellent point made, Julianna.

Ellezier yea~ of how they screwed it on the movie *troll*

message 25: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Will everyone please RELAX? Paolini has made it clear enough that he will make another story that takes place in Alagesia. If you´re not happy with the ending, go to fanfiction.com and make your own. I didn´t like the fact that Arya and Eragon did not end up together, but I always had a hunch that they would not. It´s not the fact that she does not get over Faolin, it´s just simply, she´s much, much older than him (and although by the end of this book he is more grownup and mature and stronger) and she is not his type. Yes, they´ve gone through a lot together, but that still doesn´t mean they´re meant for each other.

message 26: by Weston Glory (new)

Weston Glory It should also be made clear that Eragon and Arya are not over. So relax, the end of Inheritance isn't as far as their relationship is going to go by a long shot. To quote Paolini on two separate quotes:

"The thing to keep in mind is that though the series is over, Eragon and Arya's story will continue. They're going to live for a very long time, and their relationship is far from over."

"Arya and Eragon are still just at the beginning of their lives. They're going to live for many hundreds years more. Their story is far from over."

In other words, they're meant for each other but that doesn't mean they'll get together right away. Give it time.

Julianna Well then Arya will be the one leaving Alagaesia (although definitely not for good), and therefore making it impossible to be a relationship as we know it.

toroltao Did anybody see how Paolini set up the Murtagh sequel? Rather obvious.

message 29: by Weston Glory (new)

Weston Glory Obviously for Eragon and Arya's story to continue, current circumstances are going to change which makes sense given how much time both will have on their hands.

Meagin Ben wrote: "Did anybody see how Paolini set up the Murtagh sequel? Rather obvious."

murtagh sequel??

Feenona i honestly felt bored out of my mind through the entire book. the other three i think were definitly better, wnybody else agree?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Feenona wrote: "i honestly felt bored out of my mind through the entire book. the other three i think were definitly better, wnybody else agree?"

Agreed. There was too much content on battles, etc, and not enough on the more important things, eg. Eragon and Arya, Nasuada...
I was really disappointed when Paolini broke up not one but TWO really good realationships! Grrr! Arya and Eragon were sort of doomed, but it would have been a lot better if he had kept Nasuada and Murtagh together, coz it's not like they have forever. Nasuada is only human after all.

Feenona i totally agree, the only relationship in there was with eragons brother and his wife....i forget their names

Georgia The ending of INheritance put me off the entire series. Ever since I read the last book I have never layed my hands on Eragon or the others again.

Adyant completely agree. I hated the ending

Adyant Paolini wrote at the end that he would come back to the series in the future and has not left it completely. I hope he keeps up to his word.

Heidi Duan wrote: "totally hated the ending, had me wishing for more but perhaps thats a good mark of an author"

i tottaly hated it to!

Linda Lemons Hated then ending and my kid did too. He was that cant be it mom lol.

Elessas The ending was heartbreaking. After keeping your fingers crossed the whole time hoping Arya and Eragon would end up being together you just run out of pages at the end with nothing of that sort happening..WTF....I was shattered...I would actually like to sue Paolini for the clumsy way he ruined his own work and hurt his readers' feelings.

Naima Elessas wrote: "The ending was heartbreaking. After keeping your fingers crossed the whole time hoping Arya and Eragon would end up being together you just run out of pages at the end with nothing of that sort hap..."

totally agree !!

message 41: by Sif (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sif I will say that as much as I cried when it ended, it wasn't because I thought it was bad. It was because I knew that this was the last book in the Inheritance Cycle and I really loved it, and I felt that I had gotten to know and love the characters, so it felt like I just lost a bunch of friends.. I really liked the ending even though I always hope for a happy and clear ending for the characters. However, if it had been a happy ever after ending THEN I would have hated it.. I like that it's and open ending and that Angela remains a mystery. I looooved how Galbatorix died and I wasn't at all through the entire book :) The only thing I would like Paolini to change is that Eragon and Arya should have kissed just once!! Seriously, just one little kiss between them ;) But yeah, just loved the entire book :)

message 42: by Ruth (last edited Nov 14, 2012 01:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Sif wrote: "I will say that as much as I cried when it ended, it wasn't because I thought it was bad. It was because I knew that this was the last book in the Inheritance Cycle and I really loved it, and I fel..."

Same here. I hate it when you can predict the ending that everybody is going to live happily ever after and all that cheesiness. Also, Arya is like 100 yrs older than Eragon.

Alfred I SUSPECT THAT PAOLINI WILL FIND A CLEVER WAY TO CIRCUMVENT THE WHOLE PROPHECY THING. Here's what i would do: Have him go through another mystic transformation like that which made him more elflike than human, maybe this time making him part dragon or something real cool like that... the idea being that in the process he symbolically dies and is 'reborn' as this altered being! In this way he can be said to have never returned to the land.
How about that?

Alfred Sif wrote: "I will say that as much as I cried when it ended, it wasn't because I thought it was bad. It was because I knew that this was the last book in the Inheritance Cycle and I really loved it, and I fel..."

I don't cry for books personally (well so far, anyway) but I thought it was sad that they never got together--as in coitus flagrante, forget that kiss stuff. But seriously, I don't think this was originally meant for adults, you know? But wow, this guy can spin a lovely story, right? And on that note, I think its fine if that was the way Paolini wanted to end it. Remember an author of a book is also God of that storyplot. You don't question God. You petition! hahaha, ahhem... sorry.

Emily I would say spoiler alert, but i think everything i'm going to say has been said already...
I really wish Eragon could have stayed with everyone, and he'll never see arya again, which made my cry, but the main reason i was sad was, as sif said, this would be the last book. I couldn't stop reading, so i read the agknowledgements, and he said he's probably going to revisit the Aligasia (totally not spelled right, i know) later, so it was kinda bitter sweet for me

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I think there's a way for Eragon to return. Remember, when Arya and Eragon swap secret names, Arya says it wasn't the name he had when he was in Carvahall, or when he first came to Ellesmera (or was that Saphira?)- BINGO! His true name changes, his entire identity changes. Therefore we can see the fact that the Eragon who got the prophecy was NOT the same Eragon who left Alagaesia- BINGO AGAIN! He isn't the same person, so the prophecy doesn't apply to him anymore! How about that, huh? I can totally imagine Eragon revisiting Alagaesia at the next Agaeti Blodhren or even in a few years!

Simatron3000 Not the ending of the fiction, but the author's notes. That made me mad. I was almost crying when I finished it.

"And … that’s it. I have no more words to add to this series. I have said what needed to be said. The rest
is silence.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass.
Christopher Paolini
November 8, 2011"

GAHH. WHY DID HE HAVE TO MAKE THAT SO SAD?

Simatron3000 deleted user wrote: "I think there's a way for Eragon to return. Remember, when Arya and Eragon swap secret names, Arya says it wasn't the name he had when he was in Carvahall, or when he first came to Ellesmera (or wa..."

THAT"S RIGHT!!