Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey discussion

better than 'twilight'? i doubt it

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa-Marie When creating a series of fake goodreads profiles to trash books you might want to have different books and locations in the future. Just saying its sad to spend your free time trash talking a book and making fake goodreads profiles to do it.
!

Lisa-Marie Too funny she deleted both fake coments

Stephanie Lisa-Marie wrote: "When creating a series of fake goodreads profiles to trash books you might want to have different books and locations in the future. Just saying its sad to spend your free time trash talking a book..."

Yeah I don't get why trolls do that? If I hate something I'm not going to waste my time talking about it!?!

Lisa-Marie I thought the coments sounded like the same person so i looked at the 2 profiles and they didn't even try to make them different. Same books same ratings same location. She also posted on other fifty feeds. People like that are why the ratings get messed up.

If you dont like erotica dont read it. Its a free world we live in. No one is msking you read books you dont enjoy. Lets face it we all know what the book is about so if you are not into it dont pick it up

Stephanie Exactly! And some people are so uptight & frigid they want to trash us for liking Erotica & Fifty Shades of Grey. When it's none of their damn business!

C.D. Hussey Stephanie wrote: "Yeah I don't get why trolls do that? If I hate something I'm not going to waste my time talking about it!?!"

I wonder about this all the time. If a book doesn't do it for me, I just quit reading it. Never seems to be an issue. And if I got tired of seeing threads about a book I didn't care for on my Goodreads thread, I'd delete the book from my list. Problem solved.

Stephanie Same here. I've never read a book that I detested so much that it became a obsession to trash it constantly, everywhere. If I don't like a book, I simply move on to another book. There are so many books out there, for everyone. So my theory is they secretly like it but don't want to like it..lol

KindleCousins I love both series. You can not compare the two. Even though I am over 25 twilight appealed to the teenager inside...lol. The book is written for teens. While 50 is a complex story geared towards adults. I wouldn't allow my teen to read 50. Too much spice.

Johnathan I don't read erotica, but loved 50. I thought Twilight was average at best til i saw the movies. Now i believe Twilight is the most overated thing out there. So in my opinion 50 is a hundread times better than glittery vampires.

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy I believe Twilight is a million times better. Although Twilight is not the best quality of writing, FSoG was pitiful in my opinion. I wish I had a dollar for every "oh my," "Holy cow/shit/etc," "inner goddess," "blushed," "down there," and so on I encountered in FSoG - I'd be rich. I can't believe publishers picked this up.

Johnathan Amy wrote: "I believe Twilight is a million times better. Although Twilight is not the best quality of writing, FSoG was pitiful in my opinion. I wish I had a dollar for every "oh my," "Holy cow/shit/etc," "in..."

No doubt the writing in Twilight was better, but weak main charcaters equal a boring non-evenful book.

I would much rather endure the repitives of FSoG than try and stomache the forced relationship between Bella and Edward.

Darlaine Loved Twilight the reason only being that it made me want to read books again, I found 50 shades is a much better read if we are talking about YA - Adult 50 doe's it better.... Twilight has nothing on it, so lets leave it in the YA department where it belongs. Bring on %0 shades trilogy. AWESOME!

AlbertaJenn I have never read a book that I hated enough to constantly trash online. I may write a review saying it's crap, but that is about as far as I go.

Haters puzzle me.