Fahrenheit 451 Fahrenheit 451 question

What Book would you become?
Kathy Hale Kathy Jun 07, 2012 05:25PM
Each of of the people in the end memorized and told their book to others. They became their book. What book would you be?

Lord of the Rings...I have a good memory so I could do all three books

Mrs.Dalloway

In view of my shaky memory, I'd have to go with Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess.

David Weiss Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin - a big favorite of mine. The language is transporting. ...more
Jun 04, 2013 03:15PM · flag

All books. Each book has a new world in it.

The obvious choice for me is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
but I am going to have to say that I would probably choose Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Can you imagine all the people that would search for me after finding the other 6?

Leo I would be...Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
May 04, 2013 03:12PM · flag

1984 or brave new world
or fahrenheit 451. . . the excercise would be pointless if no one knew where the idea came from

Alfred and Liz, you are both spot on when it comes to choosing a book to 'become.' This story has been with me since I was a child...in the late 60's-early 70's. I love the WRITTEN WORD and what it means to humanity. With that said, I would become 'The Prophet' by Kahlil Gibran...I was given a copy in college and have used so much of it in my life that I feel this is a book which should be saved.

perdido street station

I'd be Shogun or Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Walden. Also, if my memory can handle it, everything Bradbury's ever done.

brad meltzer "the book of lies" this is not the most imporatant work in the world but we all need to be entertained and this did it for me. Cain kills Abel in Chapter Four of the Bible. It is the world's most famous murder. But the Bible is silent about one key detail: the weapon Cain used to kill his brother. That weapon is still lost to history.

In 1932, Mitchell Siegel was killed by three gunshots to his chest. While mourning, his son dreamed of a bulletproof man and created the world's greatest hero: Superman. And like Cain's murder weapon, the gun used in this unsolved murder has never been found.

Definitely some Shakespeare. Maybe Hamlet or A Midsummer Night's Dream.

The Sun Also Rises
-or-
Their Eyes Were Watching God

The divine comedy

I'd be a kooky book of poetry.. E.E. Cummings maybe. It would be hilarious reciting that!

I'd just listen to all you guys. My memory stinks!

Dune I would like to say I would do the whole series by Frank Herbert but not sure my memory is that good, but if it were my chosen duty in life I could push myself.

The Fountainhead or Neverwhere. I've read those more than I can count.

The Virgin Suicides

I would have to say a collection of short stories and poems by Edgar Allan Poe, one of the most influential literary geniuses of the 19th century. He is my favourite author and his writings have inspired me a great deal.

A Death in the Family by James Agee.

Anthem

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurty or
Alexander Dolgun's story by Alexander Dolgun or
The Hummingbird's daughter by Alberto Urrea

No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong

I would be honored to be a book from the Bible...If I could choose, I would really like to be one of the Gospels, or the Acts of the Apostles.

As for books that I'm well-versed in, then I would choose Cannery Row or Of Mice and Men (both by Steinbeck).

Something lighthearted and easy to remember. Perhaps one of Shel Silverstein's book of poems.

Enchanted April by Eizabeth Von Arnim. Who can resist Italy in spring? The Enchanted April

Great question! I would have to be "Something Wicked This Way Comes" or "The Phantom Tollbooth." These are books that have helped define me in so many ways, and I read them at least once every year!

OF MEN AN MONSTERS. William Tenn

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom!

The Bridge of San Luis Rey or Light in August. At least those are the freshest in my mind as having affected me strongly.

Definitely The Raven and The Mask of The Red Death.

A Prayer for Owen Mean

It's a children's book - Adopted Jane - but I just love it, and when I was young I related to Jane. Every time I re-read it, I get something new.

Good question. Maybe Anthem by Ayn Rand or Dandelion Wine :) Probably something else I can't remember right now

Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo

Torn between two books. Rebecca vs. Jane Eyre

deleted member Dec 13, 2012 09:08PM   0 votes
Since I am always holding conversations with myself, I'd have to become a play. How about the Importance of being Earnest.....

I would want to be Will Greyson, Will Greyson. It's diversity is so well put and the story is wonderful and affirming.

I would be Fahrenheit 451. In knowing this book, I would have to know all the ones referenced within it. And then of course being the book means that I could think about all the members of the secret group and therefore be all great literature of the past.

Animal Farm

I'd be Don Quixote--in the original Spanish...what fun!

I'd have a hard time choosing. something funny, I guess, that paints a portrait of a particular time, too: Thurber's My Life and Hard Times My Life and Hard Times by James Thurber

I have a really hard time memorizing anything but if I was to choose one book that I could become and tell others it would be the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho... it is one of those books I have given others when they were at a cross-roads moment.

Fahrenheit 451 – It’s magnificent, magical, poetic and unique. But most of all its relatively short and frankly I’d never be able to memorise anything longer!

« previous 1 3 4