Saxton B. Library Reads - Columbia, CT discussion

Book Groups at the library

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Saxton B. Little Staff | 120 comments Mod
Our two book groups will meet in June, one just around the corner, next Tues. night. Each member will bring a couple of books to talk up and we'll vote. I have such a hard time narrowing down my favorites. Next week will be fiction pick.

I'm thinking of We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver. I feel there's lots of good discussion material there.

Have any of you discussed this with a group? Vote Yeah or Nay? and please be certain to leave your own suggestions for a book that lead to lively discussion.

message 2: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (nanascurse) | 35 comments I wish I lived around the corner and could make it to your club! I'll try to keep up on your books, and read them.

Doreen wrote: "I wish I lived around the corner and could make it to your club! I'll try to keep up on your books, and read them."

If you're ever out our way feel free to drop in. What are your book groups reading?

message 4: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (nanascurse) | 35 comments July's selection is "Botany of Desire". I'm almost always scheduled to work on days that our club meets!
We have something starting up this fall, a four monthly meeting thing, with a woman who has done this with our library in the past. The first time, a couple of years ago, we discussed four previously banned books. She is an AMAZING facilitator! I think we found her through the Connecticut Council of (I'm not sure). Ask Jessica when you see her. She may remember. In the meantime, I'll try to find the info at work tomorrow.

I'll be posting our picks for next year's discussions soon. Fiction group met already and Non-Fic meets this coming Tues.

Oh and BTW, Botany is an old favorite of mine.

message 7: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (nanascurse) | 35 comments Good to know. Thanks!