Saxton B. Library Reads - Columbia, CT discussion

Suumer Reading 2012

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Saxton B. Little Staff | 120 comments Mod
What's hot on your reading list this summer? I know most of us will have more than one title but what is itching your mind that you haven't got to all year.

I think I'm going to finally read Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey. It's been on my list for eons so what's my excuse. And I think I should read Bossypants by Tina Fey. Have heard nothing but the best about this one. And...yep, don't get me started.

message 2: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (nanascurse) | 35 comments I haven't heard of Kushiel's Dart. I'll have to read your review when it comes out. I just won a book from the Goodreads Giveaway, so I'll read that one as soon as I get it. It's about Wallis Simpson.
This summer, I would like to make time to read, "The Handmaid's Tale" and "The Marriage Plot". I own "The Handmaid's Tale", but haven't read it. And, "The Marriage Plot", comes highly recommended from a friend.

Saxton B. Little Staff | 120 comments Mod
That's the trouble with trying to make a reading plan. I'll think I'm going to read one book and another jumps in my hand.

Most people I know thought "The Handmaid's Tale" was one of Margaret Atwood's best. What I love about Atwood is I never know what I'm going to get.

The Simpson book sounds good too!