What Happened to Goodbye What Happened to Goodbye discussion

Favorite Sarah Dessen book couple?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 93 (93 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sylvia C What is your favorite couple from any of Sarah Dessen book and why? Or if you can't choose one what do you like about certain ones?

I love Macy and Wes because I love Wes and he is just PERFECT with Macy.

Lucy Annabel and Owen for me

Delaney Annabel and Owen, I agree. They look lovely together in my imagination.

Stefanie Jennings i love Remy and Dexter because they just fit together

message 5: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole Annabel & Owen, Just perfect!

Delaney But Remy and Dexter are quite a nice couple too.

Bianca Remy and Dexter/ Annabel and Owen. Idk.. Demy is too cute with the silliness... But Annabowen (HAH LOL) were soo deep so idk

Sylvia C when I reread Just Listen i loved when Annabel and Owen met Remy and Dexter! it was so funny :)

Delaney Georgia wrote: "when I reread Just Listen i loved when Annabel and Owen met Remy and Dexter! it was so funny :)"

Ohhh I just re-read Just Listen too!!! And I agree.

message 10: by Lucille (last edited Jun 29, 2012 11:28PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lucille Annabel & Owen and Macy & Wes. ;)

Bianca C.H.O.M.P wrote: "Georgia wrote: "when I reread Just Listen i loved when Annabel and Owen met Remy and Dexter! it was so funny :)"

Ohhh I just re-read Just Listen too!!! And I agree."

Same here!! I got all excited(:

Delaney I was pretty much bouncing up and down!!!!!!! Loved Just Listen and LOVED that there is Dexter and Remy in there!
"Then why is she with you?"
"I don't know, it must be my make-out skills."

Or something like that. XD

Ellen Wes and Macy, definetly. They were just perfect together!

message 14: by Cristina (new) - added it

Cristina Macy and Wes...sooooo adorable

Laura Douglass definitely Macy and Wes, but Dexter and Remy were a close second.

Lindsey Macy and Wes are fantastic! But I love Eli and Auden. I don't really know why...I just love Eli.

Jocelyn I really like Eli and Auden! I thought the insomnia was a really interesting aspect of their relationship. Annabel and Owen were a close second! I love how the characters and places can show up in multiple books though, I always find something new if I reread them.

Kristina Tran I like Eli and Auden

message 19: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma remy and dexter balance each other out really well :) i also like wes and macy

Ingrid Jonach Ruby and Nate, just because I love the realism in their relationship!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Eli and Auden
Annabel and Owen
\And I haven't read the one with Remy and Dexter, that's This Lullaby, right??? I'll have to reread and then make a second post :)

Paige Homan Halley and Macon

Angeline Joseph Annabel and Owen! So cute.

Rachel Eli and Auden, but also love the other couples.

Gorgie All of them but yeah Eli and Auden, an of coarse Macy and Wes, because the truth about forever was the first sarah dessen i read, so i always liked them alot

message 26: by S.i (new) - added it

S.i Eli and Auden They have that connection. Macy and wes have something strong together, Mclean and Dave are sweeet

message 27: by Leah (new)

Leah Suzanne and Olsen FTW!!!

message 28: by N (new) - rated it 4 stars

N Thomas Eli and Auden/McClean and Dave/Annabel and Owen

Ifrah Alia Wes and Macy/ Eli and Auden

can't choose.

Katie I would have to say Remy and Dexter because their relationship was so quirky.

message 31: by Sarahbeara (last edited Jan 05, 2013 12:20PM) (new) - added it

Sarahbeara Remy and Dexter from this lullaby and I also liked Auden and Eli. I think both couples were just ment to be together. I alson really liked Halley and Macon even though at the end they weren't a couple.

message 32: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Annabel and Owen!!!! They are so cute together!<3 <3 *sigh* if only Owen were real...

khadra Annabel and Owen. I still think about this book MONTHS after reading it.
I do love Remy and Dexter though. Such an adorably hilarious couple.

Ihilani Sarahbeara wrote: "Remy and Dexter from this lullaby and I also liked Auden and Eli. I think both couples were just ment to be together. I alson really liked Halley and Macon even though at the end they weren't a couple ..."

what the heck spoiler alert much! no!!!!1

message 35: by Talia (new) - added it

Talia Castro McClean and Dave!!! <3

message 36: by Chriselle (new) - added it

Chriselle REMY AND DEXTER.

Although, Annabel and Owen come in close second. Very close.

message 37: by Alex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alex I liked Along For a Ride the best.
Auden and Eli are my fave. couple of all of Sarah Dessen's books.

message 38: by Alex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alex I liked the look of Rogerson (in Dreamland) but, he was abusive. wes and macy (in The Truth About Forever) seemed like a normal couple. i wasn't a big fan of Lock and Key or much of Someone Like You. i liked Owen and Annabel (in Just Listen) and i thought Dexter was to outgoing for Remy (in This Lullaby), but my favorite would have to be Auden and Eli (in Along for the Ride) because it seemed like they had alot of chemistry and Eli needed Auden to get over his sadness of his brother's death.
Those are my opinions.

message 39: by Alex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alex Kristina wrote: "I like Eli and Auden"
i agree, i like that character's from Along for the Ride were in What Happened to Goodbye, i got really excited.

Raine Wes and Macy are an amazing couple.. Everyone likes a guy who likes flaws and sees them not as failings but as strength (:

message 41: by Alex (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alex When Owen drives Annabel home and she is looking through his CD's, he has Truth Squad's CD in his backseat from This Lullaby.

On Owen's radio show, the first morning Annabel listens she mentions a song that sounds like a shopping list. That is probably Truth Squad's 'Potato Opus' from This Lullaby.

Owen's mother mentions that she and Mallory are taking a mother-daughter class run by Boo Connell, who was Caitlin's neighbor in Dreamland.

One time when Annabel and Owen are at 'The World Of Waffles' Annabel mentions: "On our other side there was a couple about our age eating waffles, both in running clothes: The girl had blonde hair and an elastic around her wrist, while the guy was taller and darker, the bottom part of a tattoo just visible under his shirtsleeve." That is Macy and Wes from The Truth About Forever.

Owen and Annabel go to Bendo, a club mentioned in This Lullaby also, to see Truth Squad perform.

Rolly, Owen's best friend is Ted's cousin.

Owen and Annabel go backstage and meet a guy named Dexter and his girlfriend who is touring with them while she is on fall break from Stanford, which is Remy, who is shown to be clearly happy with him.

Annabel is a Lakeview Model. In That Summer, Haven watches the fashion show, although not one that Annabel was in.

In Lock And Key, Nate listens to Annabel from Just Listen on the community radio.

In What Happened to Goodbye, the character Mclean mentions that sitting across from her is a pretty blond girl, and a very tall broad shouldered guy, sharing earphones with an iPod arguing good naturedly about the music playing. This being Annabel and Owen.

In Lock and Key Jamie enlists a guy who one of his employees knows from Anger Management class, who is a music freak, to help him with Cora's CD for Valentine's Day. This guy is Owen.

Owen's sister and her friends visit the jewelry stand Ruby works at in Lock and Key to look at the key necklaces. Mallory mentions her brother's girlfriend has one of those necklaces.

message 42: by Kathy (last edited Apr 03, 2013 09:36PM) (new) - added it

Kathy Alex wrote: "When Owen drives Annabel home and she is looking through his CD's, he has Truth Squad's CD in his backseat from This Lullaby.

On Owen's radio show, the first morning Annabel listens she mentions a..."

OMG I made some of those connections but not all of them! THAT IS SOOO COOL (Fan-girl moment :D, everyone is entitled to them!)

Definitely Annabel and Owen! For some reason I absolutely LOVE contradictory personalities when it comes to book relationships (friendship, romance...). I think it's really sweet how Owen was a former arrestee (I highly doubt that's a word) and how big he was compared to Annabel (I'm not sure why, but I find that adorable).

Olivia I definitaly think that Annabel and Owen are the perfect match!!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

annabell and owen 'cause owen changed her for the best and got her to come clean about not wanting to do modeling and to tell about that guy who rapped her.. their perfect for eachother

Maria Annabel and Owen (he made her live again), Eli and Auden (they both had a second chance to start over without guilt or trying to live up to others expectations) Colie and Norman (there is more to beauty than, than appearance and confidence)Remy and Dexter (love is real and you have to open your heart to feel again) Macey and Wes (death is hard but letting someone in is tougher when you don't know how) I love Sarah Dessen!

message 46: by Ninasophia (new)

Ninasophia Stowe definatley Remy and Dexter i mean their names are perfect alone and together and Dexter is like the most adorable male lead of all sarah's books he's clumsy and sexy and cute all wrapped in one and his hair the way she describes him is amazing!! i love how he made her love without forcing her to do anything.. he completed her and opened up her heart.. beautiful *cries* and btw i had a mini freak attack everytime i read the connections between all the characters! i was so excited

This Lullaby

message 47: by Ninasophia (new)

Ninasophia Stowe remy and dexter! dexter is the hottest book character ever fell in love with his first clumsy fall(x

message 48: by Chriselle (new) - added it

Chriselle Remy amd Dexter!!!! Their relationship was just so full of tension and cute!!!

message 49: by Ninasophia (new)

Ninasophia Stowe Chriselle wrote: "Remy amd Dexter!!!! Their relationship was just so full of tension and cute!!!"
YES!!

message 50: by Roni (new) - rated it 4 stars

Roni Macy and Wes are my #1 favorite couple and Eli and Auden are my #2!
I love Sarah Dessens books, even got my copy of The Truth About Forever signed!
=D

« previous 1