Adrian Ivashkov Fanclub discussion

Bloodlines > The Golden Lily

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

Renee | 5359 comments Mod
Here you can discuss all you want about the Golden Lily, so if you haven't read it, spoilers alert!

message 2: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

I haven't read it yet so I will probably come back after I've read it. :)

message 3: by Alexa (last edited Jun 07, 2012 04:07PM) (new)

Alexa (woven) | 14 comments Okay, so spoilers without spoiler tags, right? Maybe should put SPOILER in the title of thread, just in case. :)

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 07, 2012 07:23PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Woo hoo! I loved it! I thought Brayden and Sydney were so funny together. It was like super nerd dating. I also loved how Adrian kept calling him Brady, Brody, Aiden, and call kinds of different names. I love Trey and I'm glad he got kicked out the vampire hunter club and will be sticking around. Maybe he will come around and change his ways. I loved how Adrian agreed to take self defense with Sydney. That was really cute. I felt how much he started to like her and I was proud of him for kissing her in the end. I'm just sad he had to get hurt. Sydney is still a long way away from believing she could give up everything she worked for all her life with the alchemists to be with Adrian. I also thought Dimitri was rude to Adrian. I think maybe he was trying to joke with him but after what happened he had no right to pick on him about his work ethic and whatnot. Also loved the way Adrian was annoyed with Dimitri and how everyone went to him first and how he called Eddie little Dimitri lol Really curious to see how Sydney develops her powers further in the next book. I like Angeline and I do like her with Eddie but it was sad that as soon as Eddie was willing to give Angeline a chance was when Jill just started wanting him. Talk about bad timing.

message 5: by ajia (new)

ajia | 25 comments i loved sydney and brayden scenes too! especially the break up scene when sydney was having hysterics. LMAO. trey is also one of my fav charcters and hope he doesnt turn evil or anything! i love his friendship with sydney and thought a love traingle would be cool before but now i like them just the way they are. besides, adrian must be sick of love traingles by now. lol
i loved all their scenes soo much! the scene after the dance was soo cute - DAMN the electricty! he would toatlly have kissed her right there!
the last scene was amazing but soo heartbreaking! i had been waiting for him to kiss her the entire book! poor adrian! i m sad cuz they wont have the same cute friendship anymore in the next one and it will be all awkward between them - atleast for a while:(

message 6: by ajia (new)

ajia | 25 comments it was sad but what did adrian really expect to happen? its not like they could have started dating even if she wanted to :( i just hope they make up soon cuz they are SO PERFECT!!! i really hope we dont have to wait for the end of the book again for them to kiss :D

message 7: by Rimsa (new)

Rimsa Ivashkov  | 4 comments I LOVED the book :D but i felt SO bad for Adrian, it was heartbreaking :( i think Sydney might find Marcus Finch and then maybe he'll help her leave the alchemsits or something...

message 8: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 08, 2012 05:48PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Rimsa wrote: "Marcus Finch and then maybe he'll help her leave the alchemsits or something... "

I'm thinking that too. I think Marcus will explain more about how corrupt the alchemists are and why he broke free and maybe Sydney will gain some strength from that. Or maybe the alchemists will want to do something bad to the vampires or Adrian and she will finally step up and stop it.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rsviolet) | 14 comments I really like the inclusion of Marcus Finch, I think he is going to be an important character. I actually theorize that he has already been introduced, under a different name. I think the brilliant self-defense instructor of Adrian and Sydney Wolfe is Marcus Finch. On page 204, it is mentioned that Wolfe has a blond beard, the same color of Marcus's hair in the photograph on page 396 is blond.
I loved Adrian in this book, he is growing up into an amazing character. :) I agree that Marcus is going to teach Sydney an entirely different view of the alchemists!
I initially disliked the initiation of Angeline as a character because I disliked her in Last Sacrifice but during TGL I grew to enjoy her character even more then Jill's. Angeline is so smart and cool!

message 10: by ajia (new)

ajia | 25 comments but if marcus finch is wolfe, then wouldnt she have recognised him or seen his tatoo?

message 11: by Jolie (new)

Jolie (jwarrenreads) | 111 comments I think that he could have make-up on, so it doesn't show his tattoo...

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Mark your calendars! Just in time to have Adrian for V DAY!

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead February 12, 2013!

message 13: by Jolie (last edited Jun 14, 2012 10:33PM) (new)

Jolie (jwarrenreads) | 111 comments I am serouisly freaking out here!!! I hope it gets released early like The Golden Lily! Hyperventalating! Also, I wonder why it's called The Indigo Spell. At the moment, I'm getting the feel that Richelle is trying to make her books have near or cheerful names...

message 14: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 14, 2012 10:50PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Jolie wrote: "I am serouisly freaking out here!!! I hope it gets released early like The Golden Lily! Hyperventalating! Also, I wonder why it's called The Indigo Spell. At the moment, I'm getting the feel that R..."

I think it will have to do with the spell Sydney does for her teacher. Maybe?

message 15: by Jolie (new)

Jolie (jwarrenreads) | 111 comments Maybe, maybe... And I thought it was Sydney who did the spell...

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Oh I meant to say Sydney not Jill! LOL My mind is all mixed up.

message 17: by Jolie (new)

Jolie (jwarrenreads) | 111 comments That's okay!

message 18: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

I finished it now I can join you guys in duscussion!

message 19: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

I think it will be called The Indogo Spell because the tattoo on Marcus was indigo so there might be something to do with cancelling his alchemist promises like leave them or something. I think there must be some sort of spell that can undo Alchemist bonds and stuff. And that's probably the indigo spell.

message 20: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

THEY KISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 21: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

So cute. I love Adrian.

message 22: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

I don't like Nathan Ivashkov.

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Renee wrote: "I don't like Nathan Ivashkov."

I know what a horrible father! My poor Adrian!!!

message 24: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

MY poor Adrian. ;)

message 25: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 16, 2012 04:50AM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments description

I would like to begin rallying support for ADRIAN for the second annual YA Crush Tourney! He is currently in 11th place and needs nominations!
http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/201...

message 26: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

Excuse me? HE'S 11th???? THAT"S UNACCEPTABLE!!! HE SHOULD BE NUMBVER ONE AND STAYING NUMNBER ONE!!!

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Renee wrote: " Excuse me? HE'S 11th???? THAT"S UNACCEPTABLE!!! HE SHOULD BE NUMBVER ONE AND STAYING NUMNBER ONE!!!"

Exactly that is why I'm going to start rallying for him! All of Cassandra Clare's characters always dominate the tourneys and it is getting annoying. I mean I love them too but well it's not much fun.

message 28: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (last edited Jun 16, 2012 12:13AM) (new)

I just nominated him first. No Cassandra Clare in my list, I haven't read them yet.

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Renee wrote: "I just nominated him first. No Cassandra Clare in my list, I haven't read them yet."

Well good lol! Cassandra Clare has a HUGE following on twitter and she gets super involved with the tourney and writes special scenes as motivation so it's like no one else stands a chance. Both Jace and Clary have won these tournaments and now it looks like Will might win. I'm gonna try emailing and tweeting Richelle Mead. She has a big following so maybe if she tweets about it like Cassandra Clare Adrian would have a good chance of winning.

message 30: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

"Why on earth would you buy a car like this if you can't drive a stick?There are dozens of cars - new cars- that have automatic tranmission. It'd be a million times easier."

Adrian shrugged. "I like the colour. It matches my living room."

-The Golden Lily

message 31: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

I laughed so hard at this part, for like literally 5 minutes!

message 32: by Dominus~ (new)

Dominus~ | 64 comments I noticed something in reading "The Golden Lily." I think this is only my opinion but I'm sharing it anyway...

Adrian have yellow painted walls and yellow car.

I think this somehow connect to Sydney. Why? First, Sydney's eyes are gold that means it has a shade of yellow then second because Sydney's aura is yellow.

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Me too! I thought it was so cute how he bought the car for Sydney. He knew she would love it and want to protect it and want to teach him how to drive.

message 34: by Dominus~ (new)

Dominus~ | 64 comments Yeah! And he really knows how to ride and only wanted to spend time with her. It's too sweet. I'm hyperventilating.

message 35: by ajia (new)

ajia | 25 comments lol. the colour thing is pretty cool. i didnt notice that :) its soo cute how he does random things to get her attention and it was soo funny when she found out. sooooo adorable :D

message 36: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

I noticed it, and I thought the same thing as ytou did Marielle. I can't believe we have til February 12th NEXT YEAR! :(
I love how he kept making excuses to be around Sydney like the defense classes and the pool OMG THE POOL!!

message 37: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

That was so cute! I would have gotten all the way in the pool with him though! <3 <3 <3 <3
OMG I LOVE YOU ADRIAN!

message 38: by Dominus~ (new)

Dominus~ | 64 comments IKR! Adrian is really better off Rose. He deserves Sydney. I hope he will fight for her. I just hope and not just mope. I think he will but...why is Sydney leaving? NOOOOOOOOOOO! Hahahah xD. At least they kissed

message 39: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rsviolet) | 14 comments I love how yellow and purple turned out to be Sydney's aura colors. Yellow to show why Adrian suddenly liked yellow and purple because its my favorite color. That might be why richelle is choosing color titles; to relate to Adrian's amazing aura seeing ability.
I hope the fourth book is called those emerald eyes. ;0

message 40: by Christi (new)

Christi (-_-lola-_-) | 57 comments I absolutely loved this book! I finished it in 4 hours I am proud to say. I was literally giddy while reading it. I thought that Sydney and Adrian should have kissed long before this. First of all, I think Sydney loved the kiss and is only being difficult because they haven't found Marcus to make her stupid beliefs go away. I mean the Alchemists lied to her about him! They lied. She should stop trusting them so much and get that vamps are nicer.

message 41: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

Marielle ♥ VLAD'S chew toy ♥ wrote: "IKR! Adrian is really better off Rose. He deserves Sydney. I hope he will fight for her. I just hope and not just mope. I think he will but...why is Sydney leaving? NOOOOOOOOOOO! Hahahah xD. At lea..."

IKR!! I went back and re-read that page over and over again, I was Sydney, being kissed! *sigh* <3 <3 <3

message 42: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (new)

ChristiICantWaitForTheGoldenLilyToGetToMyHouse!! wrote: "I absolutely loved this book! I finished it in 4 hours I am proud to say. I was literally giddy while reading it. I thought that Sydney and Adrian should have kissed long before this. First of all,..."

So true, I want her to leave and make a stand against them, like Rose did in VA to prove she wasn't guilty about murdering the Queen. Oh and I want Adrian and Sydney to make up too.
He porbably just figures she's playing hard to get.
Did your book have the extract from The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3)?

message 43: by Giselle (new)

Giselle (mslivin2rock) | 10 comments oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM SO FANGIRL EEPING RIGHT NOW!
ADRIAN - YOU COMPLETE JEWEL!!!!! <3 <3 <3
oh my dear christ on a bike, adrian is the best thing in the series no doubt. he is so bloody sweet, specially the thing where he and sydney go to that pool and he takes the sun heroically just so that he can watch her being content (melts)
and the thing with 'the most beautiful creature to walk this earth'
ahhhhh *sigh*
richelle mead why do yu make such ppl?? to deliberately torture our poor girl souls??

message 44: by Giselle (new)

Giselle (mslivin2rock) | 10 comments @Renee : yeah totally, i re read that whole thing, and it was me getting kissed and electrocuted wildly with adrian ivashkov. god i need therapy

message 45: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (last edited Jun 20, 2012 04:21PM) (new)

Same! I really think that people were starting to worry when I was screaming with excitement and jumping up and down and almost sobbing!

message 46: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) OMG I JUST FINISHED THE GOLDEN LILY LIKE 10 MINUTES AGO....AND IM SPEECHLESS!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT, ESPECIALLY AT THE END, BUT WHY OH WHY DID SYDNEY WALK AWAY FROM ADRIAN LIKE THAT! I WANT INDIGO SPELL RIGHT THIS MINUTE OR I'LL GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE U SOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ADRIAN IVASHKOV <3 <3 <3 <3

message 47: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) Jennifer wrote: "

I would like to begin rallying support for ADRIAN for the second annual YA Crush Tourney! He is currently in 11th place and needs nominations!
http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/201......"

hey how do i nominate? i went on the site but dont know what to do lol!

message 48: by Renee, ADRIAN FANATIC!! (last edited Jun 21, 2012 04:12PM) (new)

Kristina Ivashkov wrote: "OMG I JUST FINISHED THE GOLDEN LILY LIKE 10 MINUTES AGO....AND IM SPEECHLESS!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT, ESPECIALLY AT THE END, BUT WHY OH WHY DID SYDNEY WALK AWAY FROM ADRIAN LIKE THA..."

OMIGOSH!! I had the exact same reaction, I finished it then went straight on goodreads and told everyone about it! Glad to know you enjoyed OMG I can't wait for Indigo Spell either!! LOVE YOU ADRIAN!!! WE ARE YOU #1 FANS!!!! AND WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 49: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 21, 2012 11:34PM) (new)

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 95 comments Kristina Ivashkov wrote: "hey how do i nominate? i went on the site but dont know what to do lol! "

Nominations are over but the polls will start soon. Adrian did awesome. He was in second place only two points behind Will. I hope he wins in the end. I'll be posting links when his rounds are up.

message 50: by Jolie (new)

Jolie (jwarrenreads) | 111 comments Renee wrote: "I think it will be called The Indogo Spell because the tattoo on Marcus was indigo so there might be something to do with cancelling his alchemist promises like leave them or something. I think the..."

Exactly what I thought!

« previous 1