Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Беспощадная толерантность
Book Issues > Can't add more than one author

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Yurii Soldak | 2 comments Simply can't add more than one author to the book. Can somebody help, please?

I'm clicking on "Add new author", input field appears, I add new author (in cyrillic, if that matters), add a comment and press "save". Browser redirects to the book's page with the message saying something like "changes saved, will appear in search soon".

But no author really added. Even nothing is reflected in the librarian change log.

What am I doing wrong?
Can somebody try to add an author to the book? You can use the list from the librarian note for the book.

Thank you.

message 2: by Amara (last edited Jun 07, 2012 03:48PM) (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) I think it might be an issue with the cyrillic letters. I put in "Test" and it added that without any issue.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Unfortunately, since our last big update, there are some remaining hiccups with non-standard characters.

Try the following in the meantime. Add a standard word as the second author (e.g., "placeholder"), and save. Then edit the author (from the author profile page) to the Cyrillic name you want.

I'll check on the status of fixing this bug.

message 4: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) rivka wrote: "Add a standard word as the second author (e.g., "placeholder"), and save. Then edit the author (from the author profile page) to the Cyrillic name you want."

Just tried it, and it worked fine. Do you want to take care of the rest, Yurii?

Yurii Soldak | 2 comments Oh, thank you, guys.
That trick with placeholder works.
Yes, I'll take care of the rest.
But I prefer to wait till the bug is fixed. How soon to expect the fix?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42444 comments Mod
Looks like it should go live early next week.