Endure (Need, #4) Endure discussion


192 views
Who do you like better Nick or Astley?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Danielle Ok first off, this is not a team thing!! just simply who you like better.

When the books first started I really liked Nick but when Astley came he started to grow on me, and that does't usually happen to me in books i usually like the ones who were there first but anyways, when Zara turned pixie to SAVE NICK and she got him back he was a complete jerk, like i get he didn't remember anything but still she did that for him and then he totally turns his back on her and that's when I really realised that I loved Astley and I would rather see him and Zara together :)


message 2: by Christina (last edited Jun 07, 2012 07:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina Ly I never liked Nick. Like at all. Even in the first book I hated how cliched his character is. My distaste just grew over the second book where he was totally clingy and obsessive and third book where she saves him and he was such a douche. In the fourth book...god I have nothing else to say. He was beyond douchy. Like seriously, when she turned human again he was all like, "Baby, you know I love you." total BS!!!

So anyways if you couldn't tell I like Astley a gadzillion times more, and no I don't just love his hotness.

PS. I fell in love with Astley the moment he showed up in the book. Tied and everything.


Janae I started to get into Astley when he showed up. I had liked Nick before then but not as much, at all. I really was mad at how Nick treated her in Endure and then wanted have things his way.
So I was so glad when she ended up with Astley, he is the epitome of love. He's so sweet, he actually cares, and is willing to sacrifice so much for her. I am glad she realized she loved him when she did and wasn't left to pine over Nick.


Roselinta I love love love LOVE Astley. I loved him from the moment he appeared in the book. At the end when it's the battle and Astley turns eeeviiill and says "She’s too puny and too easily manipulated by her heart. She is an unworthy queen, hardly worth anything, let alone a risk" I seriously got a friggin heart attack. I was dying for a second but then I thought to myself:how could I even think that Astley could do such thing?

And I've always hated Nick. He's too protective and I wanted to slap him when Zara was human again and he wanted her again but before that he couldn't love her because he was JEALOUS??? Does that boy not know that she would do anything to get him back because she loves her. She pure turned blue for him!


Rachel I HAVE A QUESTION, by the end of the book is Zara human/half-human (you know what I mean)!? Cause how is she going to rule with Astley if she's not!? But at the end of the book they really didn't come out and say it either way. And my position on Nick/Astley is that Nick was perfect for Zara when she was normal, kinda human, and innocent. But Astley still loves her even after alll the things they've gone through. I think Nick still loved her but tried to quit her cold turkey cause he thought it would never work out. Soo... Nick was an idiot and I'm glad Zara ended up with Astley.


Janae Roselinta wrote: "I love love love LOVE Astley. I loved him from the moment he appeared in the book. At the end when it's the battle and Astley turns eeeviiill and says "She’s too puny and too easily manipulated by ..."

Rachel wrote: "I HAVE A QUESTION, by the end of the book is Zara human/half-human (you know what I mean)!? Cause how is she going to rule with Astley if she's not!? But at the end of the book they really didn't ..."

I agree because Nick shouldn't of acted so callous and stupid. His jealousy was uncalled for and childish.
But the good thing is that Astley loves her for whatever she is whether human or pixie. Astley was the better pick for her because he would always be there for her,


Danielle Yeah it really peed me off how Nick totally avoided her and then she turned human again and he was like "oh i love you blah blah blah, all sweet talk"


Rachel WAIT SO IS ZARA A PIXIE!?


Janae Rachel wrote: "WAIT SO IS ZARA A PIXIE!?"

Not by the end, anymore. Astley's mom changed her.


Rachel KAY THANK YOU I've been going crazy!!


message 11: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer ASTLEY!!! I love him. I never really felt much for Nick.


message 12: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Janae wrote: "Rachel wrote: "WAIT SO IS ZARA A PIXIE!?"

Not by the end, anymore. Astley's mom changed her."


Wait but didn't Astley change her back again before she jumped in that hole thing. So isn't she pixie again?


Roselinta Jennifer wrote: "Janae wrote: "Rachel wrote: "WAIT SO IS ZARA A PIXIE!?"

Not by the end, anymore. Astley's mom changed her."

Wait but didn't Astley change her back again before she jumped in that hole thing. So i..."



I think it said she was a half pixie at the end but I wonder how that works


message 14: by Rachel (last edited Jun 27, 2012 01:05PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rachel well she's already 1/2 pixie because of her parents so in that case she WASN'T turned back into a 100% pixie by Astley RIGHT??

So she's 1/2 pixie at the end??


message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Yoder So Astley! NIck is a Jerk!!!!! He only wants her as a human etc etc! HE IS A JERK! Astley is nice, sweet, loving!!! GO ASTLEY


Janae Rachel wrote: "well she's already 1/2 pixie because of her parents so in that case she WASN'T turned back into a 100% pixie by Astley RIGHT??

So she's 1/2 pixie at the end??"


Right because she was changed back 2 her half pixie self. And wasn't changed again!

Emma wrote: "So Astley! NIck is a Jerk!!!!! He only wants her as a human etc etc! HE IS A JERK! Astley is nice, sweet, loving!!! GO ASTLEY"

Totally!!


message 17: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Yoder Yeah she was 1/2 pixie at end! But astley said it didn't matter!!!!!!!


message 18: by Josey (new) - added it

Josey ASTLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Samah I kind of liked Nick, but he became such a jerk to her, after she became pixie to save him. I mean like come on! Your girlfriend saves you, then you reject her! What's up with that?! I love Astley! He never acted like Nick, and was just perfect for her. Zara and Astley are wayy cuter couple than Zara and Nick. Astley would never reject Zara like Nick did. I mean understand why he did it, but still.
Astley + Zara > Zara + Nick.


Janae Samah wrote: "I kind of liked Nick, but he became such a jerk to her, after she became pixie to save him. I mean like come on! Your girlfriend saves you, then you reject her! What's up with that?! I love Astley!..."

So true!


Antonia ASTLEY ALL THE WAY!! nick left her when everythign was going to hell. he should know that zara is the same person she was before she turned. i hated the way nick treated her in the last book!!! but astley!! oh astley! he was always there for her - when she got shot in the club and helping her get nick back when obviously he wanted her for himself!!!he was there for her and she was there for him, when he went to visit his bitch of a mother and then zara gave him some of her energy os he wouldn't die!! they are perfect for each other!!


Lywana This is a no brainer, ASTLEY!!! Nick was a total DICK through out half of the book and in my mind Astley is way hotter.


Janae Lywana wrote: "This is a no brainer, ASTLEY!!! Nick was a total DICK through out half of the book and in my mind Astley is way hotter."

Antonia wrote: "ASTLEY ALL THE WAY!! nick left her when everythign was going to hell. he should know that zara is the same person she was before she turned. i hated the way nick treated her in the last book!!! but..."

There is not other way to describe them together!


Brittany As soon as Zara was new at school and her and Nick had a "thing" sure I would obeously like him. Cause hes the basic guy that you usually have in every book. But when Astley started appearing I fell in love with his character. <3 I lovee Him sooo much i'll never hate him <3 <3 <3


Amanda http://ya-sisterhood.blogspot.com/201...

If you haven't voted yet, Please vote for Daemon's hot alien self!! :) LOVE HIM


Kathy Danielle wrote: "Ok first off, this is not a team thing!! just simply who you like better.

When the books first started I really liked Nick but when Astley came he started to grow on me, and that does't usually ha..."


You said it exactly!! That's how I am too when I read, I like the first guy usually but as soon as Astley came into the picture I said Nick who?


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

go nick!!


Caitlyn I liked Nick at the beginning but after he just ignored her saying she 'had no soul' because she was a pixie, when she only turned pixie to save him! Thats stupid. He should of just accepted her. And he only started coming around at the end. He should of been there when she needed him. Astley on the other hand was ALWAYS there for her. So in that case.. TEAM ASTLEY ALL THE WAY!


Marie Astley was the best!!


message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Astley :o)


Bryana wells deffinitly astley he was super amazing and sweet and romantic. i love him. i truely never liked nick he is just so rude and changes his mind too much. hes always upset and stuff. i guess its just a werewolf thing but really common be nicer. but astley i trusted him from the start even though he was a pixie. i luv astley.


message 32: by Sarah (last edited Oct 21, 2012 11:33AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sarah I liked Astley until I found out about the other queens before Zara. Now I like Nick. But Astley is still cute!


message 33: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Atayiu I LOVE ASILY. i liked him seince he was tied to a tree


Ali I love Nick and I think she should have stayed with him. I mean she was with him through the first two books, and then in the third she spent all her time saving him. If that's not true love, I don't know what the hell is. and when he got pissed at her for turning to pixie to save him, I was like wtf? Did you wanna stay up here? And then he dumped her because even though she was still the same girl, she was a pixie. I always trusted Nick, from the moment he became a character. Astley I never could trust. He was a sneaky, manipulative, mysterious creep. He almost reminded me of a perv.... Anyway! I will always want to change the sucky ending of an amazing series. Nick all the way!


Amyleigh Astley defiantly <3


message 36: by Rolleranimal (new)

Rolleranimal In the first book i loved nick and zara. it seemed like he was the real thing. But in the second book ... he says baby to much and it all seems so fake.
I definitly dont like how he changed.Astleys so sweet and caring. I mean, if nick TRULY HONESYLY loved her he wouldnt be mean when she was a pixie, imo if he really loves her he shouldnt care if shes pixie or not.


message 37: by Lyra (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lyra Astley. I never really liked Nick. I don't know... he just annoys me. Haha~


Laëtitia I never liked Nick either...he was so self-absorbed, Astley is so much more romantic and lovable ;)


message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Astley.


Elisia It's totally Astley, I mean, Nick barely glanced at Zara when she turned even though she risked her life for him. He was a bigot all the way through. Astley didn't what she was and how she got that way, he actually about her motives and who Zara was not what she was. Plus Astley almost seems more attractive, even in a book.


message 41: by B L Jones (last edited Dec 10, 2012 10:42AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

B L Jones Ali *Forever Alone* wrote: "I love Nick and I think she should have stayed with him. I mean she was with him through the first two books, and then in the third she spent all her time saving him. If that's not true love, I don..."

Fair point but at least Astley didn t ever act like a little whiny bitch, which Nick did pretty much all the way through the series, i never liked him really, not for Zara anyway. x


Gracie Twidale Astley!!! At first I liked Nick but not much especially when he turned out to be such a whiny bastard! She saved him but he can't get over the fact that she changed! But Astley accepts her no matter what species. <3 He is old fashioned but in a good way and he always treats her the way she ought' to be treated!!! <3 Astley Forever <3


message 43: by Maya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maya Zara should be with Nick, but only because I want Astley... ;)


Miranda Reagan Okay I loved Nick, he was Zara's forever and ever...but then he died. So then entered Astley mysterious yet extra gorgeous Fairy, who doesn't seem like all the others. Hell yea Astley because he excepted Zara for being half fairy unlike Nick who couldn't get over it... Werewolf or a fucking fairy??? Fairy all the way! (at least in this case);)


message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked Nick in the beginning but when he was all like "you are a pixie Zara therefore you are not who you once were. i can not love you" i was like go die in a hole nick. Zara deserves someone who will love her no matter what she is/isn't that's why i love Astley i always loved Astley since he first showed up. Nick i thought was okay but not good enough. Zara deserves so much better than nick and she gets it with Astley. So go Astley!


message 46: by Gracie (last edited Feb 13, 2014 11:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gracie Twidale Miranda wrote: "Okay I loved Nick, he was Zara's forever and ever...but then he died. So then entered Astley mysterious yet extra gorgeous Fairy, who doesn't seem like all the others. Hell yea Astley because he ex..."

They weren't fairy they were pixie :)


Miranda Reagan Oh haha oopsies, I read the books two years ago.


Miranda Reagan Well then Pixies all the way!!


dia -- have courage and be kind who did she end up being with it never said at the end of the series


Gracie Twidale Lolegitbenemeister wrote: "who did she end up being with it never said at the end of the series"

She ended up with Astley, her relationship with Nick was a lost cause. And in the end there was another chapter where they were sitting together signing Amnesty international stuff


« previous 1
back to top