Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Has anyone been to the wizarding world of harry potter?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle I am a hugh harry potter fan and I really want to go to the wizarding world of harry potter :) has anyone been or wants to go like me? If you've been is it fun?

Deborah George havent been yet, but we are planning on taking the kids to see it soon.

Michelle I've been there! It's amazing and beautiful and looks like the movies so much, you are going to love it when you go! Yeah, it is fun!

Anna Michelle wrote: "I've been there! It's amazing and beautiful and looks like the movies so much, you are going to love it when you go! Yeah, it is fun!"

Lucky duck! Did they have butterbeer? If - scratch that - WHEN I go there, that's the first thing I'm gonna do; down a butterbeer.

Michelle Hahaha they did! It was SO good! You'll love it for sure! The cold one is better :D

Michelle well, I went to the one in Universal, and I think they do have package deals..

message 7: by Danielle (last edited Jun 07, 2012 03:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danielle money is such a hazard

Kilgallen Been there.....consumed butterbeer....would go back again in a heartbeat!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Love it! Been there! It is absolutely amazing! The butterbeer is delicious... It is the most amazing place that I remember seeing. I love it so much! Hogwarts is... magnificent. Amazingly brilliantly magnificent.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

If you stay on site at one of their hotels, you get to go an hour earlier than everyone else, and you get this fast pass thing.

Sparrowlicious Do you mean that Harry Potter Tour in London? I'll be there this fall. :) ... most probably at least. xD

Steph It's awesome
Everyone should go

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Sparrowlicious wrote: "Do you mean that Harry Potter Tour in London? I'll be there this fall. :) ... most probably at least. xD"

No, she means the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The one in Orlando.

message 14: by Adam (new) - rated it 3 stars

Adam Stevenson I went to the one in Watford, the making of one with the sets and such.

It was incredible, the moment when you walk into the great hall, or down diagon alley or see the huge Hogwarts miniature were all breath-taking.

message 15: by Elia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elia I am insanely jealous right now because TWO of my friends are there (in Orlando) RIGHT NOW with their families. I want to go SOOOOOO bad!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

It is SO awesome. Amazing. Magical :)

message 17: by Kat (last edited Jun 20, 2012 12:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I had a butterbeer. Yum. A frozen one and some of the normal. WARNING to incoming Wizarding World of Harry Pottter go-ers, the lines are long, especially the ones to go into the castle ride. My advise to you is DO NOT TAKE THE SINGLE RIDERS LINE. Yes, it's shorter and faster, but you miss the inside of the castle. I hear it's totally worth the wait- I wouldn't know, you see, because I was dragged into the single riders line. Weep. I also got a chocolate frog. They're BIG! And a Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin scarf (I didn't have enough money for the Hufflepuff scarf).

Marnie .....three times. Note to future visitors: pretty much everyone going to Islands of Adventures (where the park is) immediately runs to the back to hit the WWoHP first. The park is not as big as we fans would like so quite a bit of the crowd starts to disperse by noon. If you go, lines are shorter and move more quickly after lunch and late afternoon. Grab a frozen butterbeer before you stand in line and the heat won't be QUITE as horrible.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought that the frozen butterbeers weren't very good. They just didn't have much flavor to them! The regular ones are a lot better :)

Marnie Hadley Star •I love Harry Potter!• wrote: "I thought that the frozen butterbeers weren't very good. They just didn't have much flavor to them! The regular ones are a lot better :)"

The regular ones were like liquified butter rum Lifesavers sipped through a melted whipped cream straw. Too sweet for me.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought that they were delicious... The frozen ones were okay, but I liked the fizz in the regulars.