Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children discussion

Outside the Loop > Desserted Island

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) (A solitary island five days journey from the school.)

Lucius appeared Clark in hand and lifted his face to the burning sun.

message 2: by Giuliana (new)

Giuliana  (giulianafromnewyork) | 234 comments Mod
Clark could finally breath. "Whoa that was interesting." I let go of Lucius's hand.

message 3: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "You never get used to it." he said with a smile of sheer bliss, not something he often did. "What do you think, peacful?"

message 4: by Giuliana (new)

"Oh yeah." I said with a little smirk on my face.

message 5: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Good." he sat down.

message 6: by Giuliana (new)

I sat down next to Lucius and lied down. I smiled up at him. The way the sun looked right next to his hair made it seem lighter then it already was He is kinda cute! I thought to myself.

message 7: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "So what do you do on a peacful desserted island now you are here?" he asked.

message 8: by Giuliana (new)

I shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever you want." I said with a smile.

message 9: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) He shrugged, "I come here to keep up my tan, not really to do anything." he laughed a deep laugh resinating from his chest.

message 10: by Giuliana (new)

"Your funny. Don't you think your skin is dark enough." I looked at his skin nd then at my light skin.

message 11: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Haha, prehaps so." He looked at his nearly black skin "But you got to keep it resistant to the Sun you know."

message 12: by Giuliana (new)

"I see what you are saying. I think it is the Irish blood I got in me. Always burning and never getting tan."

message 13: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Are you Irish? I wouldn't have thought it, what's you rlast name?" he asked.

message 14: by Giuliana (new)

"Yes. My last name is Lumbers. And I think this gives it a way a little." I said pointing to my hair.

message 15: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Ahh, I wouldn't know. I thought all Irish people had blond hair. Clearly I am lacking knowladge in that department.." He smiled "I like" he meant her hair. "It suits you."

message 16: by Giuliana (new)

"Thats what I thought to but when I found out I was Irish I was like cool. And of course it suits me. It would look stupid if I had red hair and dark skin with brown eyes." I said laughing a little.

message 17: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Nothing wrong with dark skin" he muttered but he was playing. He wasn't really offened.

message 18: by Giuliana (new)

"Not to offend you or anything," I said with a smile.

message 19: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Thats alright, in Brazil everyone makes fun of you white people" he laughed again. /this was getting to be a habit.

message 20: by Giuliana (new)

"Really?" I said suddenly instrested.

message 21: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Yes we all pretend to wither away and die in the sun, or if any of us wears a broad rimmed hat we say "Careful the sun'll turn you red." Talking about the jokes he had with his family made him miss them and his face stopped smiling.

message 22: by Giuliana (new)

I laughed a little at the thought, "I guess you miss your family?"

message 23: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Just a little. I'm going to see them in on the spring break." he lied. "They are in Argentena."

message 24: by Giuliana (new)

"Nice place."

message 25: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "If you don't mind no air conditioning." he replied.

message 26: by Giuliana (new)

"I'm used to no air conditioning."

message 27: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Really? I thought all of Flordia was conditioned." he was truly curious.

message 28: by Giuliana (new)

"Nope not where I lived. We had a hard time affording it too if you know what I mean."

message 29: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) Lucius blinked "Afford it?" Then recognition came "Oh, sorry, I forgot you got to pay for it. In Brazil it is different."

message 30: by Giuliana (new)

"Everything is different out of the United States."

message 31: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "I supose so. I never really thought about it. It would be one of those things you only think about because you plan on living htere. Tourist don't think about it, and since I am special I don't think about it either." Lucius gazed out to sea.

message 32: by Giuliana (new)

"I always imagined what it would be like to live here, and now I am here."

message 33: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "You want to live here?" Lucius asked spreadinghis hand out to show he was talkong about the island. "Where no people, stores, or boats are?"

message 34: by Giuliana (new)

"I said it wrong", I laughed a little, "I like being at the house and knowing that I am not the only peculiar on there. But at least I have you on this island." I said with a smile.

message 35: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Oh yes the home...nice place." he said not sounding very convincing.

message 36: by Giuliana (new)

"You don't like the house, do you?"

message 37: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "It's okay" replied Lucius. "No one if forcing me to stay there if that is what you mean." he added giving her a look.

message 38: by Giuliana (new)

I gave him a look back, "The only reason I stay is because I am scared that time is going to catch up to me."

message 39: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Time? Why would you run from time?" He asked. "If anything wouldn't you want it to go faster?"

message 40: by Giuliana (new)

((You read the book right?))

"Well once you out of the loop for more then a few hours you start to look diffrent. Like any oulder verison of yourself. I'v beeen out of the loop before but only for a few minutes."

message 41: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) (No sorry.)

"Is that why there are five yrs here who talk like an 80yr?" he asked.

message 42: by Giuliana (new)

I nodded my head. "Hose people probably spent a few more hours then they were suppose to outside the loop and time caught up to them but you don't realize it because they look the same that they did when they first left."

message 43: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense." Lucius rolled his eyes. "I guess I poped out enough I am ageing like a normal person. Do you ever wish you had never come?"

message 44: by Giuliana (new)

"Sometimes I do wish I was never here but other times I am glad I came. I guess i know I am safe when I'm here. That there are other people like me."

message 45: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "I think most of the kids here are messed up and it is not a good idea to put all the messed up kids in one spot." Lucius countered. "Even in the loony house there are gaurds and doctors and all that. Here there arn't even teachers."

message 46: by Giuliana (new)

"I understand what you are saying. But the loony house is creeping it freaks like everyone out."

message 47: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "And this house isn't?" Lucius asked. "I'm not afraid, I can get out of any sistuation, but come on. Kids with the power to break your mind, or you body, and you can't get away? Scary as hell."

message 48: by Giuliana (new)

"I mean it depends who you spend time with or who you are around. Sometimes if your with someone that has a power that takes out yours it's not going to end well. You have to be with people that you are conftorble around."

message 49: by Christa VG (new)

Christa VG (christa-ronpaul2012) "and who have you found that you are comfortable around?" Lucius regretted saying it, he didn't want to dig for his complements about him.

message 50: by Giuliana (new)

My face turned a little bright red, "Well come on I'm talking to you right now and were not fighting so you and Donotello." I exhaled a little seeing what he could say next.

« previous 1 3