Love Inspired Books discussion

Summer Reading Challenge!!

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
How many books can you read this summer??

For some, summer is a time to catch up on reading. For others, it's a lot harder to get reading done. Let's see how many books we can read this summer.

message 2: by Kame (new)

Kame | 8 comments hmmm I know I will read a lot while I am on the beach for my vacation - but maybe 2 to 3 books a week - depending on what I am reading.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I tend to read more in Summer mainly Jan.

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina | 39 comments lots I hope, gets hot here in the summer

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 27 comments Ooh sounds fun! So what is our start and end date??

ⓝⓐⓣⓗⓐⓝⓐⓔⓛ♦Depression Sucks♦ Love Inspired wrote: "How many books can you read this summer??

For some, summer is a time to catch up on reading. For others, it's a lot harder to get reading done. Let's see how many books we can read this summer."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

message 7: by Love Inspired (new)

Let's start as of the first of June and go through the end of August. So you can count what you've already read.

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 62 comments Ausjenny wrote: "I tend to read more in Summer mainly Jan."

I guess this would be a winter reading challenge for you, Ausjenny! :)

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments A Summer Reading challenge sounds like fun!

I just finished one book, and Im in the middle of 3 more..just a quick question - Can the books be from any genre?

message 10: by Love Inspired (new)

LOL... Barbara, you're so right about Jenny! I'm glad Jenny is always so good about playing along with the seasonal stuff even though it's always opposite for her.

Melissa, it could be from any genre.

Dream

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments think I am on about 7 for the month.

message 12: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 22 comments So far in June I have finished 5 books and am starting another one later today. LIS are a quick read and I am trying to catch up with my print books. Currently reading the Heroes for Hire ones from 2010.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments Im up to finishing 2 books for June, and almost done with another one. =)

message 14: by Love Inspired (new)

Yay! You guys are doing great! I actually have a few books that I promised to have read for review this month, so I am already really cooking. So far my total is at 8, and I have a few more of "must finish by the end of the month" books to go. I'm sure I'll easily do it. I read 4 on Saturday. I tend to be a binge-reader, so I end up grabbing a stack and reading them all at once.

Dream

message 15: by Nina (new)

Nina | 39 comments I've read 3 so far, one I need to do a review on, and I'm half way done with a 4th,

message 16: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (SharonTroyCentanne) | 15 comments I am on my fourth book for June. 2 Love Inspired and 2 Heartsong Presents Mysteries. I am finally finding enough time to read two books a week!

message 17: by Kame (new)

Kame | 8 comments I might be at 10 so far - I haven't been up on all the reviews - seems I only review the ones I love. I should get better...
So far my Summer Favs have been
Doctor's Devotion by Cheryl Wyatt
My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade

message 18: by Julie (new)

Julie (southernbookworm) | 2 comments Since I got my Kindle Fire, my reading has increased dramatically. I love that I always have a dozen or so "books" in my purse to read on-the-go; even if I've forgotten my Kindle at home, they're on my phone's Kindle app. So far this month I've read about 12 Love Inspired titles...and as a single, working mom, that's alot!

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments Julie wrote: "Since I got my Kindle Fire, my reading has increased dramatically. I love that I always have a dozen or so "books" in my purse to read on-the-go; even if I've forgotten my Kindle at home, they're ..."

Julie, 12 Love Inspired books so far this month, thats awesome!
Im a single mom also, so I can totally understand. =)

message 20: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments I totally love my Nook, too! I also use my Nook app on my iPhone if I haven't brought my Nook with me in my purse. I also love that you can preorder ebooks and when they're available they'll just appear on your ereader! I already preordered the LISs for July.

message 21: by Kame (new)

Kame | 8 comments Camy - so that means you will get The Dr's Devotion! great read!

message 22: by Martha (new)

Martha (bookmark_it) I haven't put them all up on GoodReads yet, but I've completed 12 books so far in June. Most of them are LI or LIS; I'm catching up on my Reader Service shipments. :-)

message 23: by Love Inspired (new)

Wow, you guys are doing great! I have to admit I am behind on putting my books on Goodreads as well. BUT, I am up to 12 books for the month!!

Dream

message 24: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments Kame wrote: "Camy - so that means you will get The Dr's Devotion! great read!"

Thanks for the recommendation!

message 25: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments I need to catch up, too! I don't belong to the print Reader Service, but I buy all the Love Inspired Suspense books on ebook every month so it's almost the same thing. I wanted to keep up and read all 4 books every month but I've been so busy I haven't had much time. :(

message 26: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 22 comments I finished the Heroes for Hire series, although I feel as though there should be another (?) and am on the second of the Protecting the Witnesses series. Once I finish those I will be done with the print books and can start on the ones I have put onto my e-reader for the past 2 years. I buy my LIS books for the reader two months at a time. I had to make an Excel page of all the LIS books on my reader so I could read them in the order in which they were published, and also so I cold read the series ones all at once. That way I do not forget who the characters are.

message 27: by Kame (new)

Kame | 8 comments Beth I envy you! But when I try a new series I do try to read them in order....Heroes for Hire...do you recommend - who is it by and same with the Protecting series

message 28: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 22 comments The Heroes series is by Shirlee McCoy. There were three books but I feel as though there should be at least another because one person's story was not told. Also, I felt as though something was missing from the third book, an explanation as to how another person was found.

The Protecting the Witnesses series consists of six books, by different authors, but with a continuing thread throughout them all. I am about to start book 3, by Margaret Daley.

I got so far behind reading my LIS books that it was easy enough to save the series ones and read them all in order. The Witnesses series is from 2010; I stopped buying the print editions soon after that, so I have quite a large number of titles on my e-reader. Besides the LIS I also buy Stargate and some Star Trek, and got behind on them too so still have some print copies of those left to read as well. I spend more of my leisure time with a needle in my hand, doing cross stitch.

message 29: by Kame (new)

Kame | 8 comments I haven't cross stitched in years...

You should try Cheryl Wyatt's Wings of Refuge series...and then in July she has a new series starting the first book is The Doctor's Devotion

Thanks I will check out these books

message 30: by Camy (new)

Camy (camytang) | 103 comments I loved Wings of Refuge! I also happened to talk to Cheryl a few days ago about her new series and know what she's planning for the second and third books, and they sound fabulous! They'll have a little more heart, a little more humor. Kame, when you mentioned Doctor's Devotion earlier, it didn't occur to me until I looked it up that it was Cheryl's new series. I haven't read it yet but I'm looking forward to it!

message 31: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I love Cheryl's new book its so good

message 32: by Kame (new)

Kame | 8 comments I have read Cheryl's new one - and did a review - it comes out in July - the new series is wonderful and some of our favorite PJs come to visit

message 33: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 11 comments Beth - ;) wrote: "The Heroes series is by Shirlee McCoy. There were three books but I feel as though there should be at least another because one person's story was not told. Also, I felt as though something was m..."

There are more books in Shirlee McCoy's Heroes for Hire Series - there are 6 published & the 7th is coming out in Sept!

#1 Running for Cover (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #187) (Heroes for Hire, #1) by Shirlee McCoy
#2 Running Scared (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #203) (Heroes for Hire, #2) by Shirlee McCoy
#3 Running Blind (Heroes for Hire, #3) by Shirlee McCoy
#4 Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4) by Shirlee McCoy
#5 Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5) by Shirlee McCoy
#6 Undercover Bodyguard by Shirlee McCoy
#7 Navy SEAL Rescuer by Shirlee McCoy

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 33 comments I am finishing up Cheryl's new book. I just finished Janet Tronstad's new book and I loved it!

message 35: by Love Inspired (new)

Wow, you guys are really going!! I think I'm at about 20 for the month. I keep telling myself I'll do a better job of keeping track, but it's not working. *sigh*

Dream