The Hunger Games-Roleplay discussion

98 views
Arena Archives > Arena 35 BEGINS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,999 (1999 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 39 40

message 1: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) | 1999 comments You've said goodbye to your mentor, District partner, stylist, etc, and a glass tube closes around you.
As you rise to the surface, the first thing you feel is the biting of a cold wind. The land around you is covered in snow, all except for a small circle of trees - an oasis in the frozen desert - and a ring of mountains, enclosing you in a large enough space that you couldn't run across it, but you can see where the mountains join up.
You're standing in a line, arranged by District, facing the Cornucopia which stands merely a yard or so away, piled high with axes, spears, nets, backpacks, and what looks like a tent. The things always littered around the Cornucopia, however, are barely visible: a handle of something, the top of a pack, the bright pink bottom of some cylinder.
You're at 10 seconds until the beginning, and thin clouds start to spread over the Arena, barely covering the sun.
5, 4, 3; it's started to snow, sprinkling you and the other tributes in little snowflakes that melt quickly.
2, 1, and the Games have begun.

*The Cornucopia is equipped with many kinds of weapons and foods, as well as sheltering items such as two tents and a tarp. Some of the things the Cornucopia does NOT have are: matches, water bottles, and coats. There are, however sets of flint and steel, and sleeping bags.
*In the snow, there are many animals to hunt, but there is also no shelter except for a few rocks and the mountains. In the circle of trees(approximately 30x30 oaks) there is shelter, but much fewer animals. So make your choice carefully. There are NO PARTICULARLY AGGRESSIVE ANIMALS; yet anyways. This is always subject to change by the Gamemakers.
*The Cornucopia is equidistant from the trees and one side of the mountains, and is also in the deepest part of the snow(about 2.5-3 feet deep), making it harder to get through. Behind the tributes(about a foot back) is the highest(other than the mountains), with only an inch or so.
*YOU CAN ONLY CLIMB THE MOUNTAINS SO HIGH. After about 25 yards the forcefield stops you.
*There is no snow in the trees, and only a tiny lake, not much bigger than a large puddle. The main water is the snow, which may or may not be clean.


message 2: by Bam (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:04PM) (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments ((FIRST (tribute) COMMENT YES.))

Merrick dived for a backpack, he sprinted as fast as his legs could take him to the Cornucopia. The adrenaline began to pump as he sprinted towards a group of tree's out of the Cornucopia, they looked pretty safe but if he was to survive he had to keep moving.

~

Aris began to run, her mind went blank from what her instructer told her to get to shelter quickly and her senses told her to do something logical and do that. But for the first time in her life she ignored her logic and grabbed a small luminescent backpack, there must be something useful in it and she ran towards the mountain quickly.


message 3: by the sound of Autumn (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:02PM) (new)

the sound of Autumn Mai only has a second to make a fleeting glance at William, before she has to look to the Cornucopia. Mai was fast, but she'd have to be lightning to get in and out quick enough with something useful, and before she could get killed. Cheeks and nose touched up with a light shade of pink from the nipping cold, goosebumps running along her body, pulse pounding and shuddering lungs, she waited. And then the Games started.
She threw herself off the plate, her mind reeling, only one single command hammered into her senses. Run. Run faster, nonstop, faster! Her dark hair trailed behind her as her long legs carried her far ahead, her lungs stinging with the heavy intake of freezing air. The Cornucopia was so close, she just had to make it!


ThePsychopath∞ | 327 comments Callum ran towards the Cornucopia not daring to look around. His insides felt like they were on fire. He could barley breathe but he kept running. It was freezing so he would have to get some good cover items or something. When he neared he skidded across and grabbed a sword. He looked around to see other tributes come as he waved for Aisha and Daphney to come.


message 5: by Leah (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:09PM) (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha sprints to the cornocpia and grabs some knifes a backpack and a small pinkish thing that was at the top of her pile. she knew it was something special but didn't know what exactly.


ThePsychopath∞ | 327 comments Callum stood there next to Aisha. "We need to get out of here..."


message 7: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha ran to callum who had already made his way to the cornocopia. "we need to get daphney"


message 8: by Bam (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:12PM) (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments ((Have Callum come to the tree's to find Merrick?))

Merrick's hands shook, he gulped in the coldness and refused himself to feel cold at this premature stage in the games. He thrust open his large back pack and looked in to find a set of stones and flints. He sighed and pulled out a large two-man sleeping bag this could come in handy he thought. He ventured deeper into the back pack and found nothing else apart from a pack of dried fruit. He suddenly widened his eyes ''Daphney!'' he couldn't forget the only other tribute from his district.

~

Aris came to a stop at the bottom of the mountain, she dared herself to turn around and she saw the rest of the tributes running around quickly. It wouldn't be soon until it turned into a blood bath. She hastily opened the small back pack only to find a flint and a stone, to her disappointment she carried on climbing the mountain hoping to find a small cave possibly.


ThePsychopath∞ | 327 comments "Wait here." He said to her as he ran to where Merrick had gone. "Merrick it's me Callum don't attack." He said as he neared Merrick


message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha froze on the spot looking around her frightened. she grabbed a neerby backpack then killed an animal with one of her knifes and retreived it


message 11: by the sound of Autumn (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:14PM) (new)

the sound of Autumn There was no time to breathe. No time to sweat, or collect the scattered nerves. Mai was getting anything at all she could get her hands on, whirling around, constantly watching her back. She yanked up a backpack, grabbed at two knives and shoved them in her belt- accidentally cutting herself, deposited something that was blue and plastic under her arm, and yanked a sleeping bag on top of her back next to the pack. While she sprinted away, the blue thing- which she figured to be a tarp- fell, forcing her to leave it behind. The knives dug into her thighs as she ran, but she didn't care. She couldn't, the adrenaline in her veins was colder than the snow she treaded over.
William. Please let William be okay. He had to find her, he had to!


message 12: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Merrick span around and saw Callum ''Oh, well I managed to get a back pack with a pack of dried fruit, some flints and a sleeping bag'' he informed him as he ran out of the tree's ''We should find Daphney then get out of here before it turns into a blood bath.


message 13: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha didn't know what to do now so she put the animal in her backpack. (hey callum, you know my char is now in the middle of a fighting pit and you tell her to stay still?)


message 14: by ThePsychopath∞ (new)

ThePsychopath∞ | 327 comments Callum signaled for Aisha. "Yea I managed to grab a sword. Sorry I was determined to guard you guys while you grabbed the stuff....."


message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Matt sprinted towards the Corucopia while looking for his allies. His nose and cheeks turned red from the biting cold. He pumped his arms hoping to keep the cold to eat at him. He gulped as he grippedhis hands around a backpack. He pushed forward grabbing a net and the tent looking thing. Might be a useful place to hide in. He turned his head back trying to avoid the bloodbath the Careers would cause to come his way. He ran atowards the circle of trees on the other side.


message 16: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Aris turned her head, she was tired and couldn't see any way of digging into the mountain to create a cave. She had to find somewhere to hide and fast she turned around and spotted Mai running, she thought of a similar idea and began to run around where she was between the foot and the middle of the mountain.


the sound of Autumn Fawn's poor little heart thudded rapidly in her frail chest. The first thing she did was sprint to Kenika, running so fast she was only an orange blur. She grabbed Kenika's arm, shouting, "Come on!" and beginning to drag her along. Matt would follow, Illisa would go to the Cornucopia, and right now Fawn and Kenika would run side by side. Run, that was all that mattered. After all, their lives depended on it.


message 18: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha rolled her eyes at him then grabbed a sling that was next to her and a couple of rocks then sprinted to callum


message 19: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Callum wrote: "Callum signaled for Aisha. "Yea I managed to grab a sword. Sorry I was determined to guard you guys while you grabbed the stuff.....""

''Good job'' he told him, he was too full of adrenaline to feel the cold temperature but he was sure the game makers would make it worse for them later on. He turned to Aisha and Callum ''We need to find Daphney then find some place to get shelter and gather our senses'' he told them, looking at the dead animal Aisha just killed ''That was quick'' he laughed.


message 20: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments aisha smiled. "might be the last one we see so someone get daphney while i'll get another one of these. then we can all make a run for it" aisha said and ran back in to the mess aiming her knife at another animal


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Matt spotted Fawn instantly. He tossed the bag over his shoulder sprinting after them. He caught of with them after almost tripping over an empty platform. He coughed as he tried to catch his breath still pumping his arm viciously.


message 22: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments ''I could wait for Daphney behind that rock whilst you two find somewhere to stay? Make sure I know where you go though'' he told them, not sure whether his plan would work, but he just wanted them to get to safety.


message 23: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha shot threw her knife at another animal. it clearly cut it through the eyeball and she ran back to merrick and callum


message 24: by Leah (last edited Jun 07, 2012 12:25PM) (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments "come on, lets just get daphney and go!" aisha urged them both.


message 25: by ThePsychopath∞ (new)

ThePsychopath∞ | 327 comments "We need to stay together."


message 26: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments aisha sighed at his comment. "well i'm glad the nuts cracked. now can someone hold this for me" she held out her animal, "then lets get daphney\!"


message 27: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments aisha liked daphney and didn't want to go without her


the sound of Autumn Mai's thin form was making carrying the heavy backpack a strenuos job, but there was too much danger everywhere to give it so much thought. William. she thought. There were two words on her mind; run, and William. Where was he? Had he gotten lost? Was he running the wrong direction? Had he already been killed? Another freezing breeze nearly knocked Mai off her feet, but she pushed forward in spite of the harsh climate. The knives pinched at her, the weather tried ripping her apart in all directions, the backpack and sleeping bag wighed her down, and her sore legs protested every labored shove forward, but Mai kept going.


message 29: by ♥Day♥ (last edited Jun 09, 2012 11:10AM) (new)

♥Day♥ | 246 comments Daphney ran into the Cornucopia grabbed one of the tents a backpack a sword a bow a sheath of arrows and some throwing knives and met up with her three allies " Come on guys we need to get out of here "


message 30: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Aris miscalculated where she should have put her foot and she slid down the hill, she rolled backwards causing her neck to crack and she fell where she originally started climbing. She bit her lip and was seriously on the verge of crying, an icey cold breeze blew passed her and caused her eyes to water even more and it took all her strength not to crawl up in a ball and give up on everything. She spotted Mai and she decided to follow her, she had no intentions of killing her but then she would atleast have a sense of company in the arena.


message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments "right, come on" aisha said


message 32: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Merrick grabbed Daphney and swung her over to give her a piggy back ''Forget the plan lets just go!'' he ordered them as he began to run towards the trees again.


the sound of Autumn Fawn hadn't seen Matthew running after her and Kenika, so she kept running, stumbling over the thick snow every so often. Her hair was like a single flame over a sea of snow, a bright splash of paint on a clean campus, a bit of orange juice spilled on white silk. If it weren't for her hair, pink cheeks and nose, and odd outfit, she might have blended in with her surroundings. Her blindingly white and cold surroundings.


message 34: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments aisha ran after merrick and kind of laughed a little the way merrick gave daphney a piggy back


message 35: by ThePsychopath∞ (new)

ThePsychopath∞ | 327 comments Callum looked around. He saw a girl fall down the hill. "Look at this... Why do we even fight?"


message 36: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Merrick turned his head ''What you laughing at?'' he laughed.


message 37: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments aisha pointed to the two then answered callums question "because we're alll to scared"


the sound of Autumn Mai had begun breathing hard, stopping to look back at all the tributes. Her eyes scanned for William, but found another tribute instead, one she'd hadn't seen before. She drew out one of her knives in defense, eyes wide and cautious, prying at the female figure. Its position didn't seem threatening, but what did that matter? Things were never as they seemed in the Games!


message 39: by ♥Day♥ (new)

♥Day♥ | 246 comments " okay " daphney said a little suprised at the way Merrick picked her up so easily, but she still held onto her supplies tightly


message 40: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Aris picked up an iced stick and pathetically drew it out before her in her own defense, she squinted at the girl through the snow and froze. She cocked her head to one side and brought her three fingers to her mouth and saluted them to her in a sign of peace and that she meant no harm.


message 41: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha looked to them all still while runninng then said, "no-ones offered to take one of the animals off my hands yet!" aisha stared at callum accusingly. after all merrick was already carrying daphney and if she gave them to daphney it would just put more weight on his back


message 42: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments Merrick laughed ''Girls..'' he muttered as they all ran underneath the tree's, the snow fell onto the mud and the darkness consumed them as the closely knitted tree's sheltered them from the snow.


message 43: by ThePsychopath∞ (new)

ThePsychopath∞ | 327 comments Callum took the animal off her. "Quit your moaning." He teased


message 44: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments Aisha folds her arms suckily then unfolds them cause it's really uncomfortable while running


message 45: by ♥Day♥ (new)

♥Day♥ | 246 comments " where are we headed? "


message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Matt breathed out. The air turned as white as the snow piling around him. "Faawn!" He sneezed while trampling over a root. He scrambled to his feet and raced after her.


the sound of Autumn Peace? Uh huh, sure... Mai hadn't moved, allowing dainty snowflakes to collect over her dark hair and eyelashes, fighting the urge to shiver. "What do you want?" she called out, trying to make her voice sound firm and imposing for once in her life.


the sound of Autumn Fawn heard her name somewhere behind her, and almost didn't turn around. But she did, turning to spot Matt. "Come on!" she called, waving her freezing hand over to her. This was awful, Fawn had hardly ever dealt with the cold, and it was shocking the heck out of her.


message 49: by Leah (new)

Leah (Eddle) | 384 comments "far away" aisha says (soz guys, will probs be off for ages untill 2moz cause my dads dragging me off comp)


message 50: by Bam (new)

Bam (bam_bam) | 639 comments the sound of Autumn wrote: "Peace? Uh huh, sure... Mai hadn't moved, allowing dainty snowflakes to collect over her dark hair and eyelashes, fighting the urge to shiver. "What do you want?" she called out, trying to make her ..."

She swayed on the spot, not really sure how she should react now. She bit her lip and dropped the stick ''I-I'' she stuttered partially because of the cold but then again she was struck with fear. Would she stab me? she thought as she took a step backwards ''I meant no harm, just I-'' she didn't know herself why, just the thought of company was a pleasant thought.


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 39 40
back to top