Horse Whisperers discussion

Book discussions > The Horse Whisperer

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Evans' first book and also has a movie. I have seen the film a long time ago and don't remember liking it much, but I think the book will be better.

message 2: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Atishay | 229 comments Mod
Perhaps his best one ! I agre, the movie wasn't good, even with Robert Redford.

message 3: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
I actually liked the movie, but I watched as a movie on its own. That way I good really adore the book and I really liked the movie. Robert Redford played so intense for me, so natural...and I loved how he build up relationships with the girl and the mother. Two very beautiful and intense images keep thinking about a lot, is the moment the girl goes riding with her horse in the very early morning. And another one is when that horifying thing happens to the horse. The last one made me cry while seeing the movie and when I read the movie. When I rewatched the movie at home, it made me cry again in the beginning.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 136 comments I liked the movie when I saw it, but I hadn't read the book then. After reading the book, while I still liked the movie, the book was so much better.

message 5: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
I thought it was so weird to read the book afterwards, when I was reading the end.

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 136 comments Jeane wrote: "I thought it was so weird to read the book afterwards, when I was reading the end."

Yes, I definitely agree.