Entangled in Romance discussion

What's your favorite kind of Summer Beach Read?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa, Director of Marketing (new)

Melissa Bourbon (melissabourbon) | 14 comments Mod
Mystery? Suspense? Steamy romance? Paranormal? What's your GO TO summer read?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 1 comments Definitely romance. I especially love to read stories about characters on a vacation when I'm on holidays.

message 3: by Alisha (new)

Alisha (schalazeal) | 2 comments Most definitely a fun, contemporary romance. But then on the muggy, stormy summer days, a dark urban fantasy hits the spot. ^_^

message 4: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Elliott (tarynelliott) I love a steamy, sexy read. Especially of the fun variety.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Probst | 1 comments LOVE the steamy romance but I also adore a good thriller to make me scared on the beach - ha ha! One summer I read Lisa Gardner and kept shivering. Fun!

message 6: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Elliott (tarynelliott) Jennifer wrote: "LOVE the steamy romance but I also adore a good thriller to make me scared on the beach - ha ha! One summer I read Lisa Gardner and kept shivering. Fun!"

Ooh. I love Lisa G. She can scare the pants off of you! I like Tess Gerritsen for her suspense books too.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Kessler (lisakessler) | 4 comments You know, I don't have a different preference for a beach read. I love paranormals and urban fantasy all year round, beach or backcountry! LOL

Lisa :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Definitely prefer steamy romance. paranormal is awesome too =)

Jennifer (random jendsmit) (jendsmit) | 19 comments I'm with Lisa and Kay - I don't care where I am reading :) I love what I love! PRN UF Romance Contemporary all of it - lol

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin Covington (robin_covington) | 2 comments In the summer I love a reunited lovers story. Something about school being out and graduation and makes me think of people going in different directions but then later getting a second chance. Sigh . . .

message 11: by Aubrie (new)

Aubrie Dionne | 3 comments A light fantasy romance for me!

message 12: by Julie (new)

Julie Salinas | 1 comments For me, it can be any kind of book, like a biography, romance or dystopian. I just want it to be a lighter read, not one that you can't put down while you nap or hit the water. Those I want for a rainy day.

message 13: by Melissas (new)

Melissas | 1 comments Hi, Im new to this group. Ive been on goodreads for several years, and enjoy romance, cozy mysteries, and christian themed books.

My favorite Summer book is a cute, and funny romance. =)

message 14: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (Tea and Toast) (manthakad) | 1 comments My favorite summer book has to be a quick-cozy comedy romance type of book. Either way you don't spend too much time and get to finish the book. :D

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments I just like to be entertained, so I hop genres quite a bit when I have time to read, and my reading habits don't change during the summer. The story is the thing.

I finished reading One Second After by William R. Forstchen which deals with the aftermath of a post electromagnetic pulse attack on the US, and in particular on a small North Carolina community. It was frighteningly plausible, so the next book I chose was the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy (mainly to see what the fuss is all about). I'm reading the second book of the trilogy now.

message 16: by Kasey (new)

Kasey Light quicks reads. YA romance and such =]

message 17: by Regan (new)

Regan (regansummers) Romance, especially paranormal or light, steamy contemporary. And military or political thrillers - because nothing says fun like mercenaries and corruption. :P

message 18: by Mae (new)

Mae Clair (maeclair) For a summer beach read, I love a good thriller or adventure. A page-turner that you just can't put down!

message 19: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Wilkerson | 4 comments My favorite "beach" read? Well, since it is usually hot and steamy at the beach, I should read a hot and steamy romance, right?

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige Cuccaro (paigecuccaro) | 1 comments I'm with Lisa, paranormal/ urban fantasy 24/7-12 months a year. :-) The only thing that varies is the level of romance verses action, adventure or thrills.

message 21: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo My favorite beach read would have to be romance. usually any book with something on the cover from the beach I usually call a beach read but for the most part romance would be my answer even though I do read mysteries, and other stuff. just not horror or biog. or something with alot of history.