The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) The Son of Neptune discussion

leo is sammy? how is this possible?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Brendon how are leo and sammy the same guy? And will this somehow make leo go with hazel?

Atlantic Gem Leo and Sammy AREN'T the same guy. Leo is RELATED to Sammy.

Lena How do you know? He could be him reincarnated, he could be him, he could be related to him, or it could be a really freaky coincidence. Obviously I don't think it's just a coincidence, but what I'm trying to say is that it's not certain he is or isn't anything until Riordan says something or until we can read the novel.

Brendon what about the lotus hotel?

Justece But I don't think Leo ever stayed at the lotus hotel. Personally I think Leo is related to Sammy cuz, really how could Leo be Sammy?

Erica well i don't think leo said he had any brothers.
they could bbe related,but i dunno.

Justece No but it could be his uncle or something... I dunno just guessing.

Justece U no it's prob his grandfather actually, maybe... Still don't know.

Augusta Brendon wrote: "what about the lotus hotel?"
But remember when Hazel is dead she learns that Sammy got married and had kids

Brendon gaea couldve lied... but probably not...

Brendon Gaea could've lied though. And Leo said he ran away lots of times, so he could've lived in New Orleans. And that wilderness school was in Nevada...
still, might be something else.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 07, 2012 04:50PM) (new)

he could be his grandfather because this is 2012 and sammy was like 13 in 1940 but i don't grandsons and grandparents look that alike that hazel would mistake leo for his grandfather

message 13: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Personally I don't think Leo is Sammy because for me that would ruin the whole book.

message 14: by Mica (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mica Sammy is probably Leo's grandfather, but i don't think Hazel will go with him. She'll be with Frank and Leo will go for Reyna, maybe. . .

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

leo is either sammy's great great great great great grandson OR sammy was actually a son of hephaestus too and went for rebirth so when he went for rebirth leo was born??does that make sense??i dunno we'll have to wait and see...

message 16: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena Mary wrote: "Personally I don't think Leo is Sammy because for me that would ruin the whole book."

Why would that ruin it?

message 17: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena Brendon wrote: "what about the lotus hotel?"

I don't know about that, I mean I think that would just be a case of Riordan relying on that if he couldn't think up anything better. We've already had demigods that have stayed in the Lotus Hotel for decades, so surely it would be too repetitive?

Augusta Mica wrote: "Sammy is probably Leo's grandfather, but i don't think Hazel will go with him. She'll be with Frank and Leo will go for Reyna, maybe. . ."
AAAAA I EXTREMELY dislike Reyna. And EXTREMELY LIKE Leo!
Neve r again say such a SHOCKing thing !!!!! LOL :P

Brooke Sapper Brendon wrote: "how are leo and sammy the same guy? And will this somehow make leo go with hazel?"

Goodness sakes. I'm 13 and I got the point.

Ashley I think it is possible that even Reyna is from another time as her and her sister were on that spa island and could have lost years there, it never says but indicates they were there a long time. Maybe there are other ways for people to skip from one time to another. Percy made it pretty clear that when he saw Leo it 'was' Sammy from Hazel's picture not just that it looked like him. Plus, Leo has some messed with memories from when Jason showed up, thinking still that they have been best friends...maybe other stuff got mess up along the way too. It took Nico a while to figure out who he was before he lost time maybe the same thing will happen with Leo

Kelechi No, Leo Valdez's just a descendant of Sammy Valdez. Duh.

ϟEvelynϟ I'm just waiting for the book!!! THAT RIORDAN IS UNPREDICTABLE. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! :) Let's just wait for The Mark of Athena.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} The wait is torture!!!! Please, someone convince him to release the book tomorrow! I finished Son of Neptune a few hours ago, and it's already killing me!

Kaitlyn maybe it's something LIKE the lotus hotel...or a Gaea did something...brought him back...fake memories? gosh I hope not...isn't it complicated enough? Here's hoping he is a decendent

Atlantic Gem Mica wrote: "Sammy is probably Leo's grandfather, but i don't think Hazel will go with him. She'll be with Frank and Leo will go for Reyna, maybe. . ."

...and then Reyna will kick his butt.

Josey Brooke wrote: "Brendon wrote: "how are leo and sammy the same guy? And will this somehow make leo go with hazel?"

Goodness sakes. I'm 13 and I got the point."

What point, exactly?

Josey HIghly unlikely, but hey with Riordan you never know... What if Nico brought Sammy back as Leo just for Hazel for some reason. Or what if Gaea did it to screw with Hazel's head and get her to love Leo, because she is the only one who can protect Frank and if she's distracted she'll fail........ Dude, I bet that's it........ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky Justece wrote: "But I don't think Leo ever stayed at the lotus hotel. Personally I think Leo is related to Sammy cuz, really how could Leo be Sammy?"

Reincarnation. Some crazy plan formed in Hades mixed up brain.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis wrote: "Leo and Sammy AREN'T the same guy. Leo is RELATED to Sammy."
Right.

Nikki Sojkowski Some descendent of Sammy, not actually Sammy. (Leo is my favorite haracter after Nico <3

Sydney I thought Leo was Sammy. That's what I thought the book said anyway.

Becky Sydeli wrote: "I thought Leo was Sammy. That's what I thought the book said anyway."

Thats true, but how is it possible?

Sebastian I bet you, that Sammy could have gone to Elysium, but then decided to be reborn into a new life, and ended up as Leo!

ϟEvelynϟ True, true. Well, we'll have to wait 18 days to find out... The anticipation is killing me!!

Azhia I think Leo is Leo & Sammy is Sammy. I'm sure there will be some awesome twist but that's all I got for now.

message 36: by Clara (last edited Sep 16, 2012 12:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clara 15 days!! AAAHH!!!! Time needs to speed up!! And I personally think that Leo in a descendant of Sammy.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I personally don't think that Leo is Sammy, I just think he is a descendant of Sammy. I mean really people, having Leo as Sammy would be really weird since Hazel is starting to form feelings for Frank and that, I think, would sort of turn it into a love triangle that so far has been thankfully absent from Rick Riordan's books. And Blackopshippo, I think it is highly unlikely that Leo is the reborn Sammy. But we just have to wait and see!

message 38: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Funny story: When I was trying to picture Sammy after reading his description, I realized that he looks similar to Leo. So I pictured them pretty much exactly the same. Then happened the BIG PLOT TWIST, and I was going: I KNEW IT!!! AAAH! I KNEEEW ITTTT!!!!!

message 39: by Halle (last edited Sep 16, 2012 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Halle Okay. I think the point was Hazel looked at Leo and thought "Sammy". As in the resemblance was striking. That doesn't mean it is Sammy reincarnated. Rick Riordan bends the physics rules a lot, but he wouldn't go that far. It's like at Wal-Mart when you see someone and think its your friend beause they look similar. Upon further investigation, you realize it's just a hobo looking for a box to sleep in. I think the whole Leo/Sammy thing is a case of mistaken identity. But I totally agree that they could be related.

Claudia the Night Owl Nah I think he's just a desendent

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Lena wrote: "How do you know? He could be him reincarnated, he could be him, he could be related to him, or it could be a really freaky coincidence. Obviously I don't think it's just a coincidence, but what I'm..."

Exactly, Rick Riodan said it would be explained in the Mark of Athena, I think...and haha, we have the same name...

message 42: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Albino Um isn't it obvious???????
I don't know...

Halle What's obvious, Eve?

ϟEvelynϟ Halle wrote: "Okay. I think the point was Hazel looked at Leo and thought "Sammy". As in the resemblance was striking. That doesn't mean it is Sammy reincarnated. Rick Riordan bends the physics rules a lot, but ..."

If he did that, he'd serious troll the heck out of us. Well, out of me...

message 45: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Albino Halle wrote: "What's obvious, Eve?"

Oh its obvious that I don't know. Sorry if that wasn't... obvious. :D

Halle haha

message 47: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Albino Ya, I have no clue. But I heard that Leo is like a descendant of Sammy. But I just think that that is weird. Hazel might fall in love with the descendant of the previous guy she used to like, but now is dead. It.. just doesn't go right for me. It's just.. wrong?

ϟEvelynϟ Eh...I don't even know anymore. Riordan plays mind tricks on us.

message 49: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve Albino He does. So we never know what is going to happen next..

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Eve wrote: "He does. So we never know what is going to happen next.."

Yes, he does...but THERE WILL BE A PERCABETH REUNION. That's the only thing I know for sure at this point...

« previous 1