The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) The Immortal Rules discussion

KANIN!!! <3

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay...

I LOVE KANIN

I really, REALLY want to know more about him! I mean... face it... we don't even know what his real name is or why he was turned... or how old he is.... or... anything really!

But he has just... something about him... I don't know, I just really like him...

Please tell me I'm not the only crazy fangirl out there who falls in love with a character she barely knows?

Lady Light That is all right because I think I got a crush on him too! But, I wonder what happened to him? It makes me crazy! By the way not a crazy fangirl either.

Christina Ly I have a crush on him too. But I do want to know more about him, for example how old he was when he turned. Like I want him to be the other love interest but I don't want this whole pedo relationship between her and Kanin...and yes I know he's like VERY old.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina wrote: "I have a crush on him too. But I do want to know more about him, for example how old he was when he turned. Like I want him to be the other love interest but I don't want this whole pedo relation..."

haha I know what you mean... I mean... he kind of views allie as his child, right?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady wrote: "That is all right because I think I got a crush on him too! But, I wonder what happened to him? It makes me crazy! By the way not a crazy fangirl either."

thanks... lol at least I'm not alone...

Lady Light Alisa wrote: "Lady wrote: "That is all right because I think I got a crush on him too! But, I wonder what happened to him? It makes me crazy! By the way not a crazy fangirl either."

thanks... lol at least I'm n..."

Awesome! I know Kanin is a little older but that's okay I mean aren't mysterious guys hot ;)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady wrote: "Alisa wrote: "Lady wrote: "That is all right because I think I got a crush on him too! But, I wonder what happened to him? It makes me crazy! By the way not a crazy fangirl either."

thanks... lol..."

Very ;)

Christina Ly Alisa wrote: "Christina wrote: "I have a crush on him too. But I do want to know more about him, for example how old he was when he turned. Like I want him to be the other love interest but I don't want this w..."

Yeah he does, and that's where it gets kind of weird. But Kanin is so mysterious that I love him.

Valeria Allie goes of to try and find him at the end of Immortal Rules so hopefully she'll rescue him and we'll have more Kanin in book 2.

Vixen I have a soft spot for Kanin too. :)
I can't wait for book 2 and Allie's quest to save him from psycho-vampire-sadist haha. I know the mysteriousness of him just makes me like him that much more. I know that there was like hints and clues maybe suggesting who he might be. But I still want to know for sure. :)

GAAAAAH!!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR BOOK 2!!!!

Christina Ly Vixen wrote: "I have a soft spot for Kanin too. :)
I can't wait for book 2 and Allie's quest to save him from psycho-vampire-sadist haha. I know the mysteriousness of him just makes me like him that much more. I..."

When reading the book I was like, "What if he was the one who caused everything." Like literally because he seems to have such negative feelings towards that one particular vampire that it's not a joke. Lol.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina wrote: "Vixen wrote: "I have a soft spot for Kanin too. :)
I can't wait for book 2 and Allie's quest to save him from psycho-vampire-sadist haha. I know the mysteriousness of him just makes me like him tha..."

I know!

ugh Julie Kagawa is as bad as Cassandra Clare when it come to torturing her readers...

message 13: by Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Light Alisa you are right Julie does torture her characters but poor Kanin.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady wrote: "Alisa you are right Julie does torture her characters but poor Kanin."

lol I meant her readers... she writes an awesome book, and then ends it on a cliffhanger... while we have to wait a year for the next one to come out... I don't know about you but the wait is killing me...

and yes, poor Kanin... Sarren is a psychopath...

message 15: by Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Light I forgot who is this Sarren? But I do want to kill him for hitting Kanin. Still excited for the next book or I'm going to murder someone oh well

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarren is that weird vampire who broke into the hospital where Allie and Kanin were staying. He hates Kanin and he was one of the vampire "experiments" used in the days of the red lung virus. He was the only one who didn't turn into a rabid. He's the guy torturing Kanin (moral of the story, sarren needs to die.)

Christina Ly Alisa wrote: "Christina wrote: "Vixen wrote: "I have a soft spot for Kanin too. :)
I can't wait for book 2 and Allie's quest to save him from psycho-vampire-sadist haha. I know the mysteriousness of him just mak..."

Have you read Bloodlines, I have to say that no author is as best at trolling as Richelle Mead, she ended the book on a cliff hanger that made me want to kill someone!!

I think it was worse then the Immortal Rules too because we know Allison's direction, and the fact that she's going to look for Kanin.

Valeria I don't feel that the Immortal Rules left on a cliffhanger because we can easily guess what Allie is going to do next. I'm not complaining though, I hate cliffhangers. A good book doesn't need to rely on cliffhangers to keep it's readers interested.

Christina Ly The Happy Ferret wrote: "I don't feel that the Immortal Rules left on a cliffhanger because we can easily guess what Allie is going to do next. I'm not complaining though, I hate cliffhangers. A good book doesn't need to r..."

I agree cliffhangers are dumb. I rather the author left off like Kagawa, with the readers knowing her purpose and everything. What we need to know and read is how she fulfills her purpose in the second book.

Valeria Christina wrote: "The Happy Ferret wrote: "I don't feel that the Immortal Rules left on a cliffhanger because we can easily guess what Allie is going to do next. I'm not complaining though, I hate cliffhangers. A go..."

Yeah, that's true. Like love triangles, cliffhangers have seemingly become an annoying necessity in YA fiction and all I can think is : why ?

What's so wrong about a fulfilling, solid ending that doesn't leave the book looking incomplete ?

Christina Ly The Happy Ferret wrote: "Christina wrote: "The Happy Ferret wrote: "Yeah, that's true. Like love triangles, cliffhangers have seemingly become an annoying necessity in YA fiction and all I can think is : why ?

What's so wrong about a fulfilling, solid ending that doesn't leave the book looking incomplete ?
"

God yes, I hate love triangles with a passion and I'm so glad that the book this far is devoid of that. I really hate it when authors make the second guy look like a total angel who would sacrifice his everything for the girl, and in the end cast him to the streets because apparently she likes the other guy more.

Valeria I know !!! I always feel bad for the guy that gets discarded and end up hating the heroine for that reason.

But overall, I actually like love triangles if they're done right and add to the story rather than exist only to fulfil the fantasies of overlooked teenage girls.

But good love triangles are rare and, yeah, usually create one nice guy and one complete jerk, who the girl usually chooses because apparently rude, stalkerish behaviour is code for : LoveU4Eva.

*le sigh

Anyway I really hope there will be no love triangle in this series because Allie and Zeke are perfect together. <3

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 10, 2012 06:07PM) (new)

The Cliffhanger was the whole "Jakal (spelling?) is alive" thing... but it wasn't too bad... not as bad as say... Clockwork Prince? And I agree, I hate love triangles...

Christina Ly The Happy Ferret wrote: "I know !!! I always feel bad for the guy that gets discarded and end up hating the heroine for that reason.

But overall, I actually like love triangles if they're done right and add to the story ..."

Love triangles when done right enhances the story. I also like it when the love triangle isn't the main point of the whole book. Like I don't enjoy reading a book that throughout the whole entire thing the character is like, "I don't know who to love" and there is absolutely no plot.

^ Oh yeah. That was sort of a cliffhanger, but honestly I didn't really think that he died, I mean evil bad guys don't die/burn to ashes so easily.

message 25: by Citra (last edited Jun 25, 2012 09:04PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Citra I don't care about him, he's only on a few chapters then gone.

I think it's just me.

I don't like his name too, reminds me of Canine or something.

Melissa I loved Kanin! I think he was one of the most interesting characters, so I was kinda disappointed when he and Allie had to part ways.
That's why I can't wait for the sequel... I really hope he'll be a lot in it and that we'll find out more about him :)

Ferdy I didn't really feel anything for Kanin, there were a couple moments that I was intrigued by him but he was mostly a bit meh for me. I wouldn't mind finding out more about him though, by the way the book ended it looks like there will be more Kanin in the second book.
I don't want any romance between Kanin and Allie, it's already been established by Kanin, Allie's 'brother' and even Allie herself that Kanin is pretty much a father figure. And I'm pretty sick of the centuries old guy hooking up with the teenage girl..just because the guy looks young doesn't make it ok..he's still emotionally and psychologically centuries older than the heroine..I personally find it very creepy and paedophillic.

Citra Ferdy wrote: "I didn't really feel anything for Kanin, there were a couple moments that I was intrigued by him but he was mostly a bit meh for me. I wouldn't mind finding out more about him though, by the way th..."

Haha.. your comment cracked me up, but it hits the nail right on the friggin head! :D

Ferdy Citra wrote: "Ferdy wrote: "I didn't really feel anything for Kanin, there were a couple moments that I was intrigued by him but he was mostly a bit meh for me. I wouldn't mind finding out more about him though,..."

Thanks Citra!! I'm glad someone agrees with me:)

Vixen I don't mind love triangles. But I hate when one of the love interests dies (Nightshade O_O) it maakes me sad. i like when they like find someone or something that makes them happy. like with The Hunger Games i wasnt so sad for Gale.

But i agree with the whole centuries old person being with the young one. it's wrong. lol and you'd think they'd be like bored or something. I mean they lived so long they probably seen everything but then there is that one person that they just havent seen "anything like before" I mean REALLY?! C'mon. you must have run into something like it before...it just must have slipped your mind haha. Damn centuries old vamprie beings. >_>

And as for cliffhangers I can't stand them if I have to wait for the next book to come out. It literally makes me want to scream, i have screamed a few times like with freaking Vampire Academy series when I had to wait a whole three weeks for one of the freaking books to be checked in the library because person decided they werent going to return on time. -_- that was frustrating. but it was either blood promise i think and I wanted to know what happened with Dimitri and I didnt see the sense of buying one vampire academy book out of all of them. And yes, Richelle Mead is good at torturing readers too. Especially with all the suspense and your accusing one character after the other. XDDD

But back to topic of Cliffhangers

NOT FUN. Enough said. Especially with books that are like stand alone and they leave all these questions unanswered and you just sit there a while after reading the book wondering if the author knew that they didnt complete the story or tie some ends up. >_>

Got to love reading~

message 31: by Ain (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ain You're not! I like Kanin more than Zeke, if I have to be honest. I can't wait for the next book and I hope we get to read more about Kanin.. He's too awesome to be left behind in the dark!

message 32: by Nancy (last edited Jul 20, 2012 03:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nancy Oh dear! You are not the only one. I LOVE Kanin. He is so sexy and mysterious. At first, I thought Kanin and Allie...you know, but then (view spoiler) and I was so sad. I liked Zeke but he didn't make me swoon like Kanin did. I hope he is not dead. God, I want more and more of him. He is the favorite character apart from Allie. Don't yell at me, but even if it is weird, I wish Kanin was Allie's love interest.

Jessica I love kanin, and i find nothing wrong with him and allison being together, even if he is older, who cares.

message 34: by Apples (last edited Jul 20, 2012 01:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Apples He's just like Ash in a way. You hardly know anything about him and he's all mysterious and what not but you end up loving him. I mean if Megan and Ash can be together after centuries of ages difference then why can't Allison and Kanin? I shall go down with this ship.

But it bothers me this won't happen because Allison looks to him as more as a mentor and he considers her her his child.

Christina Ly Gini wrote: "He's just like Ash in a way. You hardly know anything about him and he's all mysterious and what not but you end up loving him. I mean if Megan and Ash can be together after centuries of ages diffe..."

I love Ash!!! But don't you think we know a little more about Ash then Kanin. I mean we have no idea how Kanin looks like. But that makes readers interested lol.

CierraRae Nancy wrote: "Oh dear! You are not the only one. I LOVE Kanin. He is so sexy and mysterious. At first, I thought Kanin and Allie...you know, but then [spoilers removed] and I was so sad. I liked Zeke but he didn..."
I was so angry when Kanin and Allison parted ways, they were so awesome together. And i'm glad others realize how swoon worthy Kanin is and how kinda bland zeke is, zeke did not excite me at all. I'm holding out for KaninXAllison!!!

Scimone Jackson No I absolutely loved Kanin! And i'm so glad i wasn't the only one to find him sexy and appealing. No idea how i came to that conclusion. I think it's how wise he is and mysterious. IDK but i hope to learn more about him in book two as well...and idk if it will be odd for her to end up with him because yes he is kind of like a father figure...but at the same time...he seems like the best route...she could never be with Zeke as much as i'm sure she's fallen for him. He's a human. And unlike Twilight...these vampires do not sparkle. It took every ounce of strength for her not to kill him the first couple times. Accidents do happen.

But i love Kanin! Please more Kanin!

Vindicator Gini wrote: "He's just like Ash in a way. You hardly know anything about him and he's all mysterious and what not but you end up loving him. I mean if Megan and Ash can be together after centuries of ages diffe..."

I don't think you should fall in love with the person who created you. i think Allison and Zeke are perfect for eachother, though I respect your opinion

Hakmat Manaa Alisa wrote: "Okay...

I LOVE KANIN

I really, REALLY want to know more about him! I mean... face it... we don't even know what his real name is or why he was turned... or how old he is.... or... anything reall..."

OhMiGoshhhhhhhhh I LOVE KANIN TOO♥♥ He's my favorite character<3 Gosh he's amazing, I REALLY want him to end up with Allie, I dont like Zeke...

Christina Ly Hakmat wrote: "Alisa wrote: "Okay...

I LOVE KANIN

I really, REALLY want to know more about him! I mean... face it... we don't even know what his real name is or why he was turned... or how old he is.... or......"

Zeke is a good boy. I don't like him, he seems way too good even when he's holding 10 guns he still radiates goodness.

Hakmat Manaa ^ I agree with you. Zeke's a nice guy, but just too nice for my liking. Kanin has a sort of edge to his character, you know? He's not good, but he's not "bad" I hope Allie and Kanin end up together♥ They make such a good couple, Before we found out that Kanin was a pure-blood, i hoping for him to be the prince cuz i mean tht would be awesome. it's a total "she hates prince--prince turns her to vampire--falls in love with vampire prince--" kinda plot. I wouldve love TIR even better if thats how it ended up.

Christina Ly ^
Lol, I had an inkling that he was the person who started the trouble while reading it. There was so much clues hinting that he could have caused all the trouble. Especially the self loathing. That was very obvious. That was what made me interested in his character, there is so much more to him then meets the eye, and the fact that he's a pureblood is just totally hot.

I wish he's like frozen at 22 or something, so it doesn't become very awkward for me to ship him.

Hakmat Manaa ^Haha I agree. I imagine him as a 20-23 year old man. it WOULD be awkward if he was older than that, i don't feel like crushing on a 30-40+ year old honestly speaking -_- Pure-Bloods are just smexy ♥o♥

Christina Ly I know. The way the author described him, he could be an old soul (figuratively speaking because I know Vampires don't have a soul) in a young body, or he's just old in general. I hope it's the first and not the second. Pure bloods are pretty smexy. I wanted to see the prince in the book, I thought he was going to play an important role....

Hakmat Manaa ikr, me too! They make the Prince sound like a big deal yet we never see him!

Delayne Richter I would love for a teacher like him.

Kanchi Chandwani We'd beter get to read the prince and more Kanin!

Kanchi Chandwani So I'm kinda depressed that Allie wants A HUMAN ! No. Not happy about that. BUT I STARTED CRYING LIKE CRAZY AT THE END OF ETERNITY CURE, but then the last lines were like OMG!

Kimberly Thank goodness I'm not the only one that feels this way! Allie kind of forgets about Kanin while she's hanging out with Zeke (after he practically gave up his freedom/life for her). I was just pissed. And then I find out that he's in some kind of danger. When I read that she was going to go rescue him and was all smiles and giggles.

« previous 1