Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

General Chit Chat > Books That Make You Cry

Comments Showing 1-50 of 398 (398 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments What book made you cry?

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Forbidden Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

message 3: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Marley & Me was a doozy. And unfortunately I was at work reading it during lunch. Oh I was a mess!

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Marni wrote: "Marley & Me was a doozy. And unfortunately I was at work reading it during lunch. Oh I was a mess!"

Oh no. That is the worst.

Luckily I was at home, but my teenage boys were laughing at me.

message 5: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Insanity (Asylum #1) by Lauren Hammond to the point of pain
Chasing Nikki (Chasing Nikki, #1) by Lacey Weatherford also to the point of pain Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3) by Andrea Cremer killed me The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1) by Paullina Simons wept for weeks and still do just thinking about

message 6: by Stacia (last edited Jun 06, 2012 08:10PM) (new)

Stacia (staciathebookworm) So many! The most recent ones I can think of are:
Ascend by Amanda Hocking Immortal City (Immortal City #1) by Scott Speer

AND ESPECIALLY THIS ONE!

Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 7: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks . made me wept
Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3) by Elizabeth Chandler Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks For One More Day by Mitch Albom Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 3 comments Nicholas Sparks always make me tear up too.

message 9: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Kate wrote: "Nicholas Sparks always make me tear up too."

his books are heartbreaking.

message 10: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult . The movie had me crying almost the entire time! Right when I thought, ok, I can pull myself together, BAM, another crying episode. I don't like the changes they made from book to movie, but it was still a tear jerker.

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 453 comments The Book Thief by Markus Zusak , The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa , The Fault in Our Stars by John Green , Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins , New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer , On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta and Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech .

They are all made me cry, for different reasons.

message 12: by Reading (new)

Reading | 3 comments Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling The Fault in Our Stars by John Green The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver
and loads more..

cεℓтïcεяαƨ мυƨε | 4 comments Heart On A Chain by Cindy C. Bennett Heart on a Chain

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru | 257 comments Lots of books have made me cry, but the one that pops into my head first is this one Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell

message 15: by Sylvia (new)

Mello luvs Gin, Illium & Jaqen J'ghar wrote: "Lots of books have made me cry, but the one that pops into my head first is this one Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell"

OMG yes how can I forget this book :'(

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru | 257 comments Heinzypop wrote: "Mello luvs Gin, Illium & Jaqen J'ghar wrote: "Lots of books have made me cry, but the one that pops into my head first is this one Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell"

OMG yes how can I forget this book :'("

I get emotional just thinking about that book.

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen (geekybookgal) | 159 comments I just finished The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa and it definitely made me cry several times.

message 18: by Misty (new)

Misty (intoreadin) | 122 comments The most recent book that made me cry was Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, I have cried at a lot of books. But the two that stick in my mind are:

The Green Mile by Stephen King

The Green Mile by Stephen King - I sobbed until I couldn't see properly - and....

The High Lord (Black Magician Trilogy, #3) by Trudi Canavan
The High Lord, the last book in the Black Magician Trilogy. Seriously, I was in pieces.

message 20: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Jones (cjones29) | 2 comments One Day by David Nicholls and Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver made me cry very suddenly and painfully towards the end, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling always gets me!

message 21: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
The last book I remember vividly making me cry was The Girl Next Door and it wasn't a good cry at all.

message 22: by Haley (new)

Haley (thatwritergirl75) | 7 comments What Happened to Lani Garver by Carol Plum-Ucci definitely.

message 23: by Orlaith (new)

Orlaith The guilty books are: Marley & Me Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3) by Philip Pullman The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Fool's Errand (Tawny Man, #1) by Robin Hobb and The Harsh Cry Of The Heron by Lian Hearn (which made me so angry! There was no need to end it that way!!!)

message 24: by Caitlin (last edited Jul 06, 2012 09:38PM) (new)

Caitlin There are many more but: Fang (Maximum Ride, #6) by James Patterson Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4) by Brandon Mull Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) by Cassandra Clare Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 25: by Veronica (new)

message 26: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 88 comments A Dog's Purpose had me reaching for the kleenex box numerous times. And, years ago, I remember being very emotional when I read Little Women.

message 27: by Diana (new)

Diana (dia11mia) | 45 comments The books that made me cry the mmost:

If I stay If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman

Leaving Paradise Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles

message 28: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Vanasse (patriciavanasse) Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles and The Last Song Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation and The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Marie-Claude aka MC The one and only book that EVER made me cry is...
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling

I don't cry reading books, not sure why because I'm such a big cry baby normally. But this book, when Dumbledore dies... I'm out. LOL

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Marie-claude wrote: "The one and only book that EVER made me cry is...
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling

I don't cry reading books, not sure why because I'm such a big cry baby normally. But this book..."

I totally agree. And the whole Dobby thing in The Deathly Hallows - I cried like the biggest baby!!!

message 31: by Saša (new)

Saša Jeršin | 1 comments Assassin's quest by Robin Hobb. Actually the whole trilogy made me cry several times.

message 32: by Rashida (new)

Rashida | 19 comments The book that comes to mind first is Compel (Rae Wilder, #2) by Penelope Fletcher

message 33: by Rashida (new)

Rashida | 19 comments Mello luvs Gin, Illium, Myrnin & Jaqen H'ghar wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Mello luvs Gin, Illium & Jaqen J'ghar wrote: "Lots of books have made me cry, but the one that pops into my head first is this one Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1) by Tammy Blackwell"

OMG yes how can I fo..."

AWWWWW!....I just finished reading this book. The wound is still to fresh to deal with.... :(

message 34: by Ari (last edited Jul 02, 2012 09:21AM) (new)

Ari (arilee510) New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer I couldn't help myself... Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray

I can't remember any more, but I'm sure I've cried while reading a few times more.

message 35: by Elle (Ligia) (new)

Elle (Ligia) | 205 comments The question is when have I not. xD I'm a bit of a crier :p
So here are some of the books that made me cry... New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Providence (Providence, #1) by Jamie McGuire Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler Old Wounds by N.K. Smith Forget You by Jennifer Echols A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

message 36: by Nicole D. (new)

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 969 comments Elle wrote: "The question is when have I not. xD I'm a bit of a crier :p
"

So am I.I cry at alot of books,movies,tv shows,and songs.

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru | 257 comments Rashida wrote: "Mello luvs Gin, Illium, Myrnin & Jaqen H'ghar wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Mello luvs Gin, Illium & Jaqen J'ghar wrote: "Lots of books have made me cry, but the one that pops into my head first is thi..."

You know what I mean, then. That book had me so emotional. I just didn't see that coming.

The book that's made me cry most recently is Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves, #3) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes . Those last few chapters hurt.

message 38: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Yeah. I know : (

message 39: by Cheree (new)

Cheree (kumikoko) | 12 comments Vampire Academy I would assume...and I'm pretty sure its classified as a YA book.

message 40: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 3 comments Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher made me tear up a little. I was a little heartbroken.

message 42: by Jonababez (last edited Aug 09, 2012 05:09AM) (new)

Jonababez | 82 comments These books really made me cry:
Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman , Slammed by Colleen Hoover and Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Bee (BacchusVines) (bacchusvines) These books:
The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 44: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes and Glimpse The Dwellers (Book #1) by Sara Daniell and Rising by Stephanie Judice I love these books!

message 45: by Sylvia (new)

Add The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred to this list

message 46: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Heinzypop wrote: "Add The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred to this list"

I plan on reading that book, sometime soon.

message 47: by Sylvia (new)

Tina wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Add The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred to this list"

I plan on reading that book, sometime soon."

Do it as soon as you finish whatever book you are reading...it's a must

message 48: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Heinzypop wrote: "Tina wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Add The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred to this list"

I plan on reading that book, sometime soon."

Do it as soon as you finish whatever book you are reading...it's a must"
That good? WOW, I may have to move it to the top of my TBR list.

message 49: by Sylvia (new)

Yes you must Tina you must

message 50: by Amanda (mandy) (new)

Amanda (mandy) | 1311 comments I'm a bit of a crier so a lot of books make me cry but these stick out. Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover Chasing Nikki (Chasing Nikki, #1) by Lacey Weatherford What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor Insanity (Asylum, #1) by Lauren Hammond and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck . It's an old one but it killed me

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8