Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12) Deadlocked discussion

Telepathic Shapeshifter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy I can so see the next book ending with a telepathic shapeshifting baby ;-) Anyone else? and no I'm not going to get all bent out of shape (like some people) if Sookie ends up with Sam instead of the super HOT, blonde headed, viking.

Kirby well, I think that's the direction it's going...but, I don't think that they could have a shape-shifter baby. doesn't sookie say that only the firstborn of two full-blooded shifters becomes a shifter?

Missyb Kirby wrote: "well, I think that's the direction it's going...but, I don't think that they could have a shape-shifter baby. doesn't sookie say that only the firstborn of two full-blooded shifters becomes a shif..."

Maybe her faerie blood will change that

Heather Thibdeaux Joy wrote: "I can so see the next book ending with a telepathic shapeshifting baby ;-) Anyone else? and no I'm not going to get all bent out of shape (like some people) if Sookie ends up with Sam instead of th..."

Joy wrote: "I can so see the next book ending with a telepathic shapeshifting baby ;-) Anyone else? and no I'm not going to get all bent out of shape (like some people) if Sookie ends up with Sam instead of th..."

I agree that she and Sam need to finally realize they love each other. Some people may not agree.

Heather I think she'll definitely end up with Sam, especially after the Cluvial Dor business. Sookie wants a family and she can't get that with a vamp. Does anyone else think Eric in the books has gone dull and two dimensional? Eric in the TV version is much hotter!

Jenna Kirby wrote: "well, I think that's the direction it's going...but, I don't think that they could have a shape-shifter baby. doesn't sookie say that only the firstborn of two full-blooded shifters becomes a shif..."

in the books Jasons a half were panther and i didnt think that was for the shapeshifter just the pure blooded were wolfs

Jenna Heather wrote: "I think she'll definitely end up with Sam, especially after the Cluvial Dor business. Sookie wants a family and she can't get that with a vamp. Does anyone else think Eric in the books has gone d..."

i agree in the books he went down hill in the show still sexyier then ever lol

Jenna i know in the show they said u have to be born that way not bitten or turned but i didnt think it was like that in the books? or maybes its just been so long since ive read it i dont remember

Haidi I'm getting the feeling that she will end up on her own, as she started. I think that she'll decide that shes strong enough on her own and try and give all the supernatural the flick.

Jenna Haidi wrote: "I'm getting the feeling that she will end up on her own, as she started. I think that she'll decide that shes strong enough on her own and try and give all the supernatural the flick."

but sam's supernautral and she loves him to much to give him the boot

Haidi Yeh I know but I meant as a love interest. She'll always be his friend.

Jennifer If you remember the beginning of the series, Sam has always had a thing for Sookie, though there's no telling how deep that went. She touched on feelings of maybe Love from the Sam character, but because she wrote Sookie to be a little light headed...we see that she only thinks that it is he only wants to date her, maybe more.

So, Sookie ending up with Sam? Maybe. It really looks like it is heading in that direction. But, Alcide was the one who was giving her the basics on the whole thing (with a little help of were-panther) one how a shifter or a Were comes about.

The first surviving child of a SHIFTER COUPLE, is likely to have a shifter baby. One and only one. Same goes for those who change into a single form of the two natured community. There are also bitten were's, but not bitten Shapeshifters. Also, Calvin Norris only HINTS at the possiblity that Sookie could have a were baby, because...she's not fully human based on the fact that she's telepathic. However, it is never mentioned again for those with Faerie blood...because I don't remember if Calvin Norris even knew of that possibility. He only knew that she wasn't NORMAL...not that she had the Faerie blood at all.

So, while it is a very odd possibility, it is not a probability that she will have a telepathic/shifter.

message 13: by Dale (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dale Modisette I finished this book May 04, 2012 and had to go back and listen to the audio book for a bit to remember. She better not end up with Sam. ....I have a crazy idea she should become hybrid Vampire/Fairly day walker and end up with Eric. or......... I know for the cost for bring Sam back to life, she is gifted her with the ability to take the form of a coyote at will. Like from one of my favorite series Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs.

Daphne Birchfield Joy wrote: "I can so see the next book ending with a telepathic shapeshifting baby ;-) Anyone else? and no I'm not going to get all bent out of shape (like some people) if Sookie ends up with Sam instead of th..."

i think should hook up with alcide. he is super hot and they have chemistry.

message 15: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena I could see CH leaving Sookie pregnant, but leaving us to guess at what type of abilities the baby will have. With all the talk about Sookie's friends having babies in this book, it seems she's longing to take that step, despite her past comments on the matter. That could be the logical next step for her, esp. if Eric is out of the picture, which seemed likely at the end of this book.

message 16: by Amy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amy Gideon It seems obvious, especially after this last book, that Sookie and Sam will end up together. I do doubt the shape shifting baby part, based on what has been revealed about shape shifters in previous books although the child may be telepathic.

I kind of think that if the series ends with Sookie and Sam together then this series really should have been much shorter. I mean, 13 or so books for her to end up with the guy she probably would have ended up with anyway if the vampires had never involved themselves in her life? Not a very strong finish. I have nothing against Sam, but we didn't need 13 books to get us to this point.

message 17: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena fangaddict wrote: "I would love to see sookie with alcide."

I would like to see that on the show! Every time they are on screen together, I can feel the sparks (could be my imagination ;)

message 18: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena Yes, at times it's hardly the same story at all. But I do like the visual aspect of the show, (esp those vamps). The books have more detail about Sookie, but lately, I haven't found that to be a good thing. It does help to get insight into her character and motivations, esp when it comes to something like her longing for a baby.

Heather Thibdeaux fangaddict wrote: "And as far as the telepath, it isn't hereditary. Remember, [spoilers removed] so at least there was no indication of passing it down."

I'm very disappointed the book series didn't have more for Sookie and Alicide.

message 20: by Karma♥Bites ^.~ (last edited Oct 01, 2012 03:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karma♥Bites ^.~ gertt wrote: "Alcide is to much into the pack, it's a important part of his life, a part of his life Sookie would never be part of. ..."

IMO, Alcide is too selfish; too much of an a$$. Not sure about fidelity but yes, I've always seen him as a weak link. And what is up with Eric turning all wimpy the past 2 or 3 books?!?

I'm betting on CH somehow resolving Quinn's family issues and throwing him back into the mix. He had his fling with that female weretiger and she's now off hiding somewhere raising their kid. I got the impression that Quinn never liked this tradition. Plus, why would CS keep having him "pop" in?

Heather Thibdeaux I get what you are saying about Alcide. I guess I'm still remembering what he was like in the first few books when I did like him. Yes, he's changed too much. I guess he had to for the story line to be the pack master. In the beginning I liked him and Sookie.

And I can see Sookie just being by herself. I think sometimes she really wishes for that. But I'm hoping that she'll find her correct match. I know she and Sam are "friends" but sometimes your soul mate starts off as your friend and then turns into something more. And I did like Quinn also. I felt very mixed up whenever the character was just dropped suddenly.

message 22: by Karma♥Bites ^.~ (last edited Oct 01, 2012 03:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karma♥Bites ^.~ Heather wrote: "I get what you are saying about Alcide. I guess I'm still remembering what he was like in the first few books when I did like him. ..."

Heather, I'm with you. I still remember their very first meeting with the cozy breakfast and Sookie's thoughts on it. So when it didn't pan out, I thought "crap, again for Sookie". But didn't mind because got turned off the moment a hint of his ambivalence re: Debbie surfaced (yeah, there was that notion he may have been under some spell or whatnot but don't recall it ever being fleshed out).

Heather wrote: "... And I did like Quinn also. I felt very mixed up whenever the character was just dropped suddenly. ..."

Yup, me too. Odd but I still flip back and forth as to whether Sookie was right to cut him off so fast and dirty. But I can see that it was the right thing to do at the time and sometimes, that's all you got.

As for Sookie in the end, I have to hope for someone. Otherwise, it would be just too [fill in blank].

Karma♥Bites ^.~ gertt wrote: "... Eric screwed things up between Sookie and Quinn with the Blood Bond, tricked marriage, and banishing Quinn from his area...."

Actually, didn't Sookie break things off with Quinn way before this? I thought when Quinn finally came to see Sook after Rhodes, they sat in her kitchen and she essentially told him "sorry, not going to work, know you've got your hands full with your crazy mother and sister, and call be a b*tch but I want to be #1 in my man's life".

message 24: by Jenna (last edited Oct 10, 2012 09:02PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna gertt wrote: "I'll always like Bill, but realistically think Sookie was best with Quinn. Eric screwed things up between Sookie and Quinn with the Blood Bond, tricked marriage, and banishing Quinn from his area...."

i agree eric only wanted her so no one else could have her but i think yea eric helped end things with quinn but sookie wanted to be someones number 1 and only 1 i thought it was kinda selfish of her (quinn being close to his mom and all) i dunno i do think quinn and her would have been better together, but i think Eric has def been ruiend for me for sure over how he has been acting about his arranged marriage like its sookies job to end it. BS I still think Sam is the SAFE choice....not 100 percent the best but safer choice for her

message 25: by Jenna (last edited Oct 10, 2012 09:04PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna ETA: soon wrote: "gertt wrote: "... Eric screwed things up between Sookie and Quinn with the Blood Bond, tricked marriage, and banishing Quinn from his area...."

Actually, didn't Sookie break things off with Quinn ..."

yea thats what i said it was over her wanting to be his number one and only number one she wanted him to pretty much ditch his family and i think it was kinda selfish of her even if his family was crazy, they are still family

message 26: by Karma♥Bites ^.~ (last edited Oct 10, 2012 09:15PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karma♥Bites ^.~ Jenna wrote: "... yea thats what i said it was over her wanting to be his number one and only number one..."

Ha! Hey, Jenna! Seems like we posted at the same time.

ADDED: Btw, family problems have broken up a lot of relationships/marriages. I felt bad for Quinn ('cuz you're right, what could he do?) but totally understood Sook's decision.

Jenna lol great minds think alike haha but yea i mean he was standing by his family thats what ur suppose to do. look at all the times she stood by Jason and all the crazy he's been roped into she still stood by him and hes all she has left same as quinn they are all he has left

message 28: by Jenna (last edited Oct 10, 2012 09:19PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna i just wonder if it were reversed and quinn asked her to do the same. would she give up jason?

message 29: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva King I think she'll end up dying, saving someone she loves. Why else would there be a bit in Deadlock where is has written a will? A bet it' will have something to do with hunter....That's just my guess

message 30: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva King gertt wrote: "I hope you're wrong."

I hope so too, but I heard an interview with charlaine harris in youtbe where she said that some characters what wouldnt expect were coming back becuase in this books it Sookie was going to have a hard time. That and the will...Plus the title, dead ever after...I don't know, it's just a guess

Jenna i hate to admit it but ur probably right what better way to end the series for good then ending the main character. but as for the title she has dead in almost all her titles so i wouldnt base it on that. But she would have an uproar if she killed sookie off alot of pissed off Fans.

Victoria Hamel She has stated many times that Sookie will survive the series, so no worries!

message 33: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva King but then why is sookie writing a will before the ending of the series? She almost died in every single book, why now? Why not a the beginning when she almost got murdered by Arlene's husband? (sorry can't remember his name)

Jenna gertt wrote: "She's getting older and as you get older you think of these things, when you're only 23 they don't much matter. Plus, she owns a home and has part interest in Merlotte's...something to leave behind."

agrees completly good reasons to make one

message 35: by Adria (new) - added it

Adria I also think that Sookie is going to end up with Sam. I think that is what CH is pushing for because Sookie used the cluviel dor on him NOT Eric. I think its splitsville for Sookie and Eric (sadly). But truly she doesn't have a future with him or any other vampire for that matter. As for the shapeshifting telepath I don't think that would happen. One, because as it as been said only the first child or a pure shapeshifting couple can have a shapeshifter child. Also because Sookie's telepathy was a gift from Mr.Cataliades. He would have to bestow that gift upon Sookie's child, and I don't think she would go for that.

Heather Thibdeaux Eva wrote: "I think she'll end up dying, saving someone she loves. Why else would there be a bit in Deadlock where is has written a will? A bet it' will have something to do with hunter....That's just my guess"

My sisters believes that Sookie will also die. I've thought about it. That might be the only way she could truly stop the series without fans begging to write another book about Sookie.

message 37: by Adria (new) - added it

Adria I certainly hope that Sookie is not killed off. I think a lot of fans have come to admit that it is time for the series to end.

Jenna i agree its time for an end but like i said before if she kills sookie off shes gonna have a bunch of pissed off fans

Heather I think the series is still fresh. Other series need to die (Anita Blake, and Anne Rice.) But unlike the TV show, the books still suprise me. Other series have ended just fine w/out the heroine dying. They may even show again in another series the author writes. You learn to love other characters.
There can be no shifter baby in this series. The rules are clear. When it ends, it would be nice to see Sookie happpy. Hopefully w/ Sam. He's her best friend and the only constisent male in her life.

message 40: by Adria (new) - added it

Adria The more I think about it, the more I am warming up to the idea about Sam and Sookie together. As much as I love Eric, Sam and Sookie make more sense.

message 41: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva King Here is the interview with Charlaine Harris where she seaks about Deadever after. I quote "this are going to be very bad for Sookie in this book". This is why I think it won't be a happy ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA8iP...

Sally Randazzo I really hate the idea of her and Sam ending up together. In the show, it would be more believable, but I just don't see it like that. She's always known Sam has had a crush on her, and she says she's attracted to him, but there's no fire there. There's no sign of her ever seeing him as more than just a good friend. I could understand if she ended up with bill, or Eric, or even Quinn at this point, but Sam? Really? I personally wish that it would be alcids. I think they are perfect for each other. It felt too sudden when he just started being a douche bag? I hated the way it went from maybe to never with him with almost no explanation, the whole series just frustrates the hell out of me.

message 43: by Dawn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn Jason is a bitten were-panther, for whoever mentioned it. This will be the very last book in the series according to CH so if sookie and sam have a baby and its left open then that would leave it to more books. I don't see it happening. I see Eric doing something crazy after watching Sookie use the CD on Sam, and maybe try to turn Sookie into a vamp but she dies instead, because of the fairy blood. This would effectively end the series without an option to come back. Now I have heard that she signed a 15 book deal, but she could easily say that those short stories meet the 15 books so this is the last Novel. CH said she is done with Sookie stories, and I'm glad. The last few have been rushed and crappy.

Azb7145 * It felt too sudden when he just started being a douche bag? I hated the way it went from maybe to never with him with almost no explanation, the whole series just frustrates the hell out of me.*

Sally, CH seems to make it a habit to turn her male characters into douche bags, just look what she did to Bill, and she really made Alcide into an unlikable character.

So I feel it is only fair that Eric is now being made into the main douche bag. Ever since Dead Reckoning you can see how slowly but surely CH has made Eric unlikable.

So far, Sam is the only suitor who CH has not done this with.

This is one of most poorly written series, especially the last few books, most of it is filler with Sookie putting up with a lot of crap from Eric. Thank goodness DEA is the very last one.

message 45: by Adria (new) - added it

Adria Azb7145 wrote: "* It felt too sudden when he just started being a douche bag? I hated the way it went from maybe to never with him with almost no explanation, the whole series just frustrates the hell out of me.* ..."

I have to agree. All the suitors we have grown to love have all been turned into unlikable characters. I still love Eric, but truly its not in his nature to love someone more than himself. I also think that Sam is going to be the one Sookie ends up with. I agree, I am glad this is the last one. I am a huge fan of the series but I think its run its course.

Sally Randazzo I feel like she never even gave alcide a chance. He would have been perfect for sookie I think. Quinn never really got a fair chance either. I feel like the reasons that the relationships end are all so petty and don't feel final enough. I'm just really disappointed in what the obvious ending is going to be,

message 47: by Dianne (last edited Jan 03, 2013 09:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dianne Joy wrote: "I can so see the next book ending with a telepathic shapeshifting baby ;-) Anyone else? and no I'm not going to get all bent out of shape (like some people) if Sookie ends up with Sam instead of th..."

I've actually been rooting for Sam since about the second book. They would be perfect together.

As far as killing Sookie off to end the series...I don't think so, but I don't really think it is time for the series to end. It's not as if it has gone too far downhill like the Anita Blake series has. I think it could be redeemed, but only with Sookie having a permanent (truly permanent) man in her life.One that won't stab her in the back, be loyal and yet understand all the things that Sookie is and has yet to do.

Wouldn't we like to see her have a baby and how she and ...well I want Sam...but whoever is chosen, to bring it up?

Jenna im pretty sure there were parts in the book where sookie was concerend that she would never have a baby and have a normal life for those saying she doesnt seem to care(also not saying she needs to have a baby either lol)* and i dont think they made quinn into a douche bag if anything Sookie was being a bitch towards quinn tryin to make him choose

Dianne gertt wrote: "Jenna wrote: "if anything Sookie was being a bitch towards quinn tryin to make him choose ..."

So true about Quinn...he treated Sookie better then any of the others and she sent him away."

He treated her better than Sam did/does?

Dianne gertt wrote: "Yes, because Quinn wasn't afraid to let Sookie know how he felt about her. Sam, if he has romantic feelings for Sookie, has kept them in check...he offers friendship, sometimes you need to take a ..."

I love the way you think Gertt.

I agree that if Sam had feelings that he should have let her know...but when would he had been able too?
Like you said, Sookie was always off wasting her time. Sure it was great reading about her and Eric but really!

All these men had faults (good lord just look at Bill) and maybe Sam has never said anything to her out loud, but he has never used or even tried to use her like the others did.

Sookie reminds me so much of the type of woman so many other authors write about with abandon. (and drive me crazy) The strong, kick-butt yet overly used female protagonist. It really gets old after a while.

« previous 1