Terminalcoffee discussion

Pop Culture / Celebrities > What's Your Damage!?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments What are your most overused movie quotes? Favorite movie quotes?

message 2: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 07, 2009 06:45AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Anytime somebody talks like the Terminator I want to cover my ears.

However, I don't think I ever tire of my kids doing the "you killed my father, prepare to die" thing from "The Princess Bride."

message 3: by Kevin (last edited Jan 07, 2009 06:47AM) (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments well, not a movie but i still love "that's what she said" from the office. very very funny to me how many times that is perfect when inserted after a phrase with the correct timing.

hmmm....fav movie quotes

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Wait...there's a new Office tomorrow night, right? Ooh. I think it is a new one. Thanks for the reminder, Kevin.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

P.B.

message 6: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments The Big Lebowski - so many quotable lines from that movie, but most of them are obscure to the point of only being recognized by other folks who have seen it ten or more times.

"He fixes the cable?"

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I use quotes from Heathers, Pretty In Pink, Sixteen Candles (John Hughes films have some of the best lines), most Coen Bros movies, and also The Princess Bride alot. I don't mean to do it. It just happens.

message 8: by Kevin (last edited Jan 07, 2009 07:15AM) (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments "PARTY'S OVER SEZ DA GIRL" what movie is that from?

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (MrsNolte) | 17294 comments Mod
The second one is Lebowski. The first sounds familiar, but I've no clue.

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) | 347 comments I think the first is from This is Spinal Tap. Number two is definitely Big Lebowski and three is Star Wars- that line's repeated so often it could replace "May the force be with you" as the catchphrase. #4 is tricky, but I'm guessing a zombie flick.

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments "GAME! OVER!!"

message 12: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) We are going to need a bigger boat...

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments jaws?

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments i was in china a few years back and i was standing with a teenage kid who spoke no english until his sunglasses broke and he looked at me, held up the glasses and said "game over"

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Yes, and I still won't watch it! I'm such a wimp :)

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments fyi - my prev one (see above) was from Weird Science

message 17: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments My "Game over!" is from Aliens. Bill Paxton.

I use it alot.

message 18: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments I probably quote from Pulp Fiction more than any other movie b/c I think I've seen it more than any other movie and it's just so COOL.

I used to do lines from The Color Purple a lot. "You sho iz UGG-ly!" That cracked me up in high school! (Still does, actually. I snickered as I typed it.)

message 19: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I used to quote the Dennis Hopper character from Blue Velvet a lot.

"Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

"Here's one well-dressed fucking man!"

message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments bill paxton - aliens
bill paxton - weird science

message 21: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments I have occasionally quoted from Easy Rider, but I don't recall anything right now.

message 22: by Heidi (last edited Jan 07, 2009 10:20AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I about spit my pumpkin bread out the other night while watching 1408. Exchange ensues:

Mike Enslin (John Cusack who plays the role of skeptic/haunted travel guides author: [Olin gives Enslin the room key:] Most hotels have switched to magnetics. An actual key. That's a nice touch, it's antiquey.

Gerald Olin (Samuel L. Jackson who plays the Dolphin Hotel manager): We have magnetic cards also, but electronics don't seem to work in 1408. Hope you don't have a pacemaker.

Mike Enslin: [into his tape recorder:] General manager claims that the phantom in room interferes...

Gerald Olin: I have *never* used the word "phantom."

Mike Enslin: Oh, I'm sorry. Uh, spirit? Specter?

Gerald Olin: No, you misunderstand. Whatever's in 1408 is nothing like that.

Mike Enslin (leans in to whisper in Gerald's ear): Then what is it?

Gerald Olin (leans in towards Mike and deadpans): It's an evil fucking room.

Samuel Jackson's delivery of that last line was perfect. It was THE highlight of the movie.

I wish I could use that quote more often!

message 23: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Weird, Kevin!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I quote from Young Frankenstein pretty much constantly, and from It's a Wonderful Life.
And from Star Trek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which usually noone around me gets. That's okay, I make my own fun.

message 25: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments I was disappointed in that film, but that's pretty much a given with Stephen King stuff. The story was great.

message 26: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Possible spoiler:

I just saw 1408 as well. I didn't really understand that movie. Why did Samuel L Jackson say "Well done" at the end? And what was with the very end? What was the point of it all?

Then again I didn't watch it very closely. Plus I've been told I'm obtuse.

message 27: by Heidi (last edited Jan 07, 2009 10:16AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I quote Monty Python movies alot, esp. Monty Python's Life of Brian (dialect included).

"Right, you're in."

"Bignose"

"STWIKE HIM, CENTUWION! STWIKE HIM VEWY WUFFLY!"

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments thank you heidi! i was going to mention monty python (maybe the most quotable movies ever) but you guys already thought i was 12 from my comments so i thought i would mention quoting something from Last Of The Mahicans or something like that

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD

message 29: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments jackie - my boys always do lines from It's A Wonderful Life in their JimmyS voice. i just yell out HOT DOG! from my chair when i hear them

message 30: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments Jackie, you've listed excellent quotables.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm jealous, KD. I would love nothing more than to lie on the couch watching Buffy today.

Thanks, Heidi. :)

Zuzu's petals, Kevin, I wish I could do a Jimmy Stewart voice!

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Zuzu's petals?

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Zuzu is one of George's daughters in It's a Wonderful Life, RA. She wants him to fix her flower when it falls apart, and he puts it in his pocket.
When Clarence the angel grants his wish that George never be born, the petals disappear. Then, when he takes the wish back, the petals come back to George's pocket, and he's so happy to see them and be home in the world he knows he goes a little nuts.

message 34: by Heidi (last edited Jan 07, 2009 10:44AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments I saw a stage production of It's a Wonderful Life on my birthday. It was delightful! My friends and I had excellent seats.

message 35: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ah. Thanks for the clarifications. I thought maybe "Zuzu's Petals" was a particularly weird expletive.

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments yup, they say "I wish I had a million dollars..." and I yell "HOT DOG". they also sing Buffalo Gals LOL

message 37: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments Dave, I can't remember the end of the movie and how it got to it. I just remember being annoyed with the whole thing.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I like to yell that "I'm at the library!" like it's something dire.
Like I said, I make my own fun. I'm also sometimes callous and strange.

message 39: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments There were a lot of good Buffy quotes about the library...

message 40: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (KSprink) | 11469 comments or the Pee Wee Herman classic:

"I'M TRYING TO USE THE PHONE!"

message 41: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Xander: "Hello! Excuse me, but have you ever heard of knockin'?"
Jonathan: "We're supposed to get some books...on Stalin."
Xander: "Does this look like a Barnes & Noble?"
Giles: "This is a school library, Xander."
Xander: "Since when?"

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments "To read makes our speaking English good."
— Xander Harris

message 43: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Do you have the Buffy library playset, Jackie?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2347/2...

I've thought of getting it for my office. I'm not proud.

message 45: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Jan 07, 2009 11:12AM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Ooooh! Nope, don't have it, RA. I have the DVD box set, and the Watcher's Guide books, but no action figures or other paraphernalia.

message 46: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I don't have any Buffy action figures...I have these little cardboard character stand-ups on my office shelf, though...

I do have Simpsons action figures in my office, though...

message 47: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) | 347 comments I like to keep a Yoda by my desk for moment's of pure boredom.

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I have some day of the dead figurines on my desk, too...I love my office toys.:)

message 49: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10824 comments We surprised my coworker with a Gargamel figurine. He looks just like Gargamel. :) He keeps it on his desk along with a talking Yoda. He says his toys are for his clients, but I like to play with them when I visit him in his office, too.

message 50: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I had a high school math teacher who looked just like Gargamel. It was probably a good thing for him. It distracted us from hs last name: Hardick.

« previous 1 3