Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Wolf Song (Wolf Song Trilogy #1)
This topic is about Wolf Song
Archive Self Promotion > Great book, free for reviews

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (last edited Jun 06, 2012 05:34PM) (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Hi, I am going to give you a short pitch, then a longer post about the book. Feel free to stop after the short pitch, I know we are all busy!

I just wrote my first novel, 'Wolf Song', I am looking to get the word out and would love for people to give an HONEST review. I don't expect anything but a fair chance in exchange. It is an awesome paranormal/urban fantasy set in modern day New York. The reviews have been excellent so far but I would love to get the word out to even more people.

First the Amazon link so you can 'See inside,' read the back cover and read the reviews. If you are interested in a free e-copy please email me or leave a comment here on where to send it and what format. You can e-mail me at;

wolfsongtrilogy@hotmail.com

http://www.amazon.com/Wolf-Song-Frank...

Now for the longer, (unnecessary if you are in a rush) pitch if you are still undecided. This is the last post from my author page.

This is to all my friends who blog, write and/or do book reviews. (please feel free to share this with anyone else)

Why you should read 'Wolf Song'.

One of the things I have constantly been surprised about is the amount of people who told me they do not normally read paranormal action books and yet loved my book. One reader told me they preferred Danielle Steel, another said her last purchase was '50 shades of Gray', and still they enjoyed the book immensely. There is a reason for that, if it's a good story it will hook people no matter what the genre is; and 'Wolf Song' is a great story.

Going in to this I thought my main demographic would be men from 20-50, I couldn't have been more wrong. I've had readers as young as 13 and as old as 67. I have had vastly more women read the book then men and still the praise keeps coming in.

So here is what I am suggesting. We read because we want to be distracted for awhile. We want emotion, and diversion and a story that will keep us hooked so we can forget about; work, the rent or mortgage and that damn noise the car keeps making that we don't have the money to fix right now. I understand that. I know this book might be outside of the boundaries you normal keep in your library but you won't be disappointed. 'Wolf Song' has a great fast paced plot, characters you can feel something for whether is it affection or loathing and the ability to pull you out of the moment and transport you to a world where the shadows are just a bit darker, hope burns just a bit brighter and that sound at your window just might not be the wind like you suspect.

Of course for any reviewers or bloggers contact me for copies of the book and all the normal things we can talk about like guest posts, giveaways etc.

Thanks for your time.

Frank

Kel (Faerie-bookworm) (faerie-bookworm) | 38 comments I would love to review you this for. My email is kdonovan221@gmail.com, epub format please if possible. Thanks.

message 3: by Frank (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Thanks Kel, and sent.

Kel (Faerie-bookworm) (faerie-bookworm) | 38 comments Awesome, thank you.

Sadie Forsythe | 36 comments If you don't mind waiting a little while I'm willing to read it. Sadie@sadieforsythe.com Mobi/kindle

message 6: by Frank (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Sent Sadie, no problem on the time.

Sadie Forsythe | 36 comments I got your email at almost the exact moment I plugged my kindle in. It must have been meant to be. Thank you. I'll post a review (obviously) once I've read it.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I would love a copy of "Wolf Song" to read and review. My email is mjc_502@yahoo.com. Thank you!

message 9: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen (karenarrowood) | 20 comments If you are still looking for another reviewer or two, I would really like to do this. My email addy is karen.arrowood@sbcglobal.net. Thanks much.

message 10: by Frank (last edited Jun 26, 2012 11:48AM) (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Sent Karen and Michelle, and I look forward to hearing everyone's honest thoughts on 'Wolf Song'.

Vannessa | 175 comments Frank, I just finished your book today and all I can say is WOW! I totally loved it. Not what I was expecting for a first novel at all - you should be very proud of this book! You can read my review here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Thanks again for sending me a copy of it! When's the next one out?!

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 14 comments If you are still looking for another reviewer, I would like to do this. My email addy ms_tj001@yahoo.com.

message 13: by Monica (new)

Monica (monicacampos) | 2 comments The book sounds very interesting and seems to be packed with action, if you are still interested in additional reviews for your book my e-mail is xaixai71@tvcabo.co.mz

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

If you are still interested I would love to read it - marieaustin05@hotmail.com

message 15: by Frank (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Thank you all for the interest. I am still looking for reviews, so I will send it along later today, sorry it took a few days to read this, life has been hectic.

A huge thanks to Vanessa for taking the time to give an honest review. As a first time author, it is so appreciated.

Just an FYI for Van. The second book, 'Night Song' is about 25% done. Just passed chapter 5 and 24,000 words. I will keep you posted or you can follow my FB author page for weekly, (mostly) updates. Thanks again.

https://www.facebook.com/wolfsongtrilogy

message 16: by Frank (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Tina, Monica, Marie; I just sent the books out. Please let me know if you need a different format. Thanks for your time.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I like the sound of it and if you don't mind a wait I'd love to review it. .mobi format please. :)

imavoraciousreader(at)yahoo(dot)com

message 18: by Frank (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Sent Carol, and I am willing to go with the next 5 people who ask, (At this time. I want the reviews to come out and then do another round after.)

So if you know anyone who is willing to read a great urban fantasy/paranormal book, then review it, please send them over. Just let them know that romance is NOT the focus of this book, but I think the great storyline will more than make up for it.

Thanks for the help.

Vannessa | 175 comments Frank wrote: "Just an FYI for Van. The second book, 'Night Song' is about 25% done. Just passed chapter 5 and 24,000 words. I will keep you posted or you can follow my FB author page for weekly, (mostly) updates. Thanks again. "

You're very welcome for the review. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and it kept me riveted the whole way through! Looking forward to the next one and I've liked your Facebook page for your updates as well. Thanks again!

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Got it Frank and thanks! Will let you know when the review is up. :)

message 21: by Frank (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Thank you for the review Tina, it is appreciated.

☺~Tina~☺ (tina007) | 14 comments Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read your work.

message 23: by Frank (last edited Sep 20, 2012 03:15PM) (new) - added it

Frank Smith (frankwsmith) Thank you so much to Sadie and Pamela for being the newest reviewers for my book. I appreciate the time so much... and the kind words. (That goes for everyone too!)