We're the Kids of America discussion

Hot Topics > Homo-Sexual Marriage

Comments Showing 1-50 of 161 (161 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Owen (new)

Owen | 4 comments i agree it is so stupid that people wont let people who love each other get married. some peeps say that it is wrong because the bible says so. i say the bible says that u should love who u want.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I am totally in support of it. Being gay is, in my opinion, biological 80% of the time. It's not always a choice. Maybe in a few rare cases. It's just the way some people are. If two people really love each other, who are we to stop them from taking that final step? And why are people even against it? How will it effect your every day life if two men are married hundreds of miles away from you? Also, in the Bible, the passage immediately following the rule that homosexuality is wrong says that eating shellfish is wrong. So if we ban gay marriage, why not shellfish as well?

message 3: by Cira (new)

Cira (loveistheanswer106) | 56 comments I think it's so stupid how "religious" people totally go against the bible all the time and never go to church but then when it comes to gay marriage they like to bring up the bible and how it says it's wrong. I hate hypocrites. I have no idea why gay people are discriminated against so badly.

message 4: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments true.

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) I'm okay with it, just please don't call it marriage. Its a Civil Union or whatever word they come up with for it. Because: Isn't marriage some form of religious term? And, if its against that religion, we shouldn't use the word. And, FYI, I do go to church, I'm just not sure about that word.
And I agree with you, Cira, I have almost no idea why gays are discriminated against so much. There's evidence of gays being around for centuries(but none of lesbians, I don't think, which is funny because that's one form of homo-sexuality that people don't mind so much)

message 6: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi i'm against gay marriage and i do believe people choose to be gay. I am a Christian, but Cira you have to understand that a lot of Christians are just saying they are. and some really do try to follow God, but we are human and all of us do bad things.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

But if you are against it for religious reasons, as I said before, there are a lot of other weird codes in that section of the Bible that no one cares about. Shouldn't we be all or none?

I think homosexual marriage should be allowed at the discrimination of the priest/rabbi/other. If one priest does not mind marrying gay couples, s/he should be able to perform the ceremony. But it someone has a huge objection to it, the couple can find somewhere else.

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) Because its a word that means something different from what a gay-people union would be, ok? And I'm not getting into definitions and the like. When you hear the word marriage, you automatically think of man/woman/church bells/wedding, or something like that, right?
And, I wouldn't really care if I had to say fecces instead of poop. It doesn't have near the lawful importance of marriage.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Wouldn't is be best for it to be up to individual churches?

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) Ugh. No. Because they have to make a law to make gay marriage legal. Because right now, its illegal(I think).

message 11: by Cira (new)

Cira (loveistheanswer106) | 56 comments I understand that there are people who got to church regularly and really are good Christians, dragoneyes. I'm a Christian. But there are a lot of religious hypocrites who think just because they show up on Sunday their "saved" and don't do anything the rest of the week. And then they jump on gay people for being "ungodly." That's ridiculous.

message 12: by Kaytrina (new)

Kaytrina | 32 comments I think gay people should have a right to get married.America is supposed to be a land that's free for everyone to make their own life-choices,no matter how "strange" they seem.In my eyes,love should not be restricted to the two opposite genders.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think that people should get married to someone of the same sex. God created man and woman so THEY could get married, if he wanted to do something else, he could have made man and man, or woman and woman.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

It shouldn't be a religious issue.

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) Kachina{is happy today} wrote: "I think gay people should have a right to get married.America is supposed to be a land that's free for everyone to make their own life-choices,no matter how "strange" they seem.In my eyes,love sho..."

Nope, Not true. We don't terrorists live their life. They can make a choice, but the minute they do, their ability to pick goes away. And we don't let drug dealers live their own life..and drugs may not be strange but they're not the norm..

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) Dean wrote: "No it swhouldnt because gays are born gay and if god didnt want them to be gay tegn he wouldnt make them gay.Same with if god didnt want blacks to be blacks or whites to be whites.Its just the way ..."

First off, it IS your choice to have purple-doodle hair because our hair doesn't come in purple(it has to be dyed).
Second, I don't get what you meant when you said, "African americans are bad because theyre balck"..I don't know if the spelling or the context confuzzled me..but that seems kind of racist..
Third, we should just leave God out of this because arguing about what God wants and what God did is a little like arguing about why a puppy ate your shoe. And I know Breanna brought God up but we can't discuss anything that has to do with religion. Its very..touchy grounds..because you can't change someone's beliefs..

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (court617) Ok..that was just confuzzling..

message 18: by Mystery Girl (new)

Mystery Girl (mysterygirl) | 90 comments ok..... this is a very volatile subject and I believe it will continue to be in the future.
First...... I do not believe in gay relationships of any kind.
Cira- I agree. I also do not like hypocrites. However, just because some who call themselves Christians are hypocrites does not mean that everyone who calls themselves a Christian is.

I believe that gay relationships are unnatural. THink about when you studied anatomy in health or science class. The male and female bodies are made to be together..... not two of the same kind.
I don't hold any enmity against gays personally but their way of life disgusts me. Many gays are very nice.... at least those I've met.
I don't agree with those who persecute gays. I feel sorry for gays. They are searching in all the wrong places for love.

Please check out this link. http://www.dennisjernigan.com/djs-story

message 19: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (Anthony3) | 10 comments Owen wrote: "i agree it is so stupid that people wont let people who love each other get married. some peeps say that it is wrong because the bible says so. i say the bible says that u should love who u want."

The bible says when a man and a woman share love for each other they may get married

message 20: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments 3 things:
-we really should leave religion out of this
-shellfish only applied 2 jewdaism i thought...or @ least it's in the torah 2.
-if 2 ppl love each other i c absolutely no reason watsoever 4 them 2 not b 2gether.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Mystery Girl wrote: "ok..... this is a very volatile subject and I believe it will continue to be in the future.
Cira- I agree. I also do not like hypoc..."

It may seem unnatural, but how does it effect you? It's not like gun control or free speech, which my have a direct impact on your life. Letting two men get married will not harm you in any way. It will not effect you. Stopping two people who love each other from being together is just cruel, and there is no way that God or Jesus would want that. Love is our most important emotion, in my opinion. Anyone should be allowed to be in love and to be married.

Also, about that link... I just skimmed it, but you can't "cure" being gay. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. You can tamp it down inside of you and pretend you like women, but it's just a lie. Being gay is mostly biological.

message 22: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments what i don't get is why people are SO bent on it

my mom is one of those people who hates the government and everything about it and she thinks this whole 'gay marriage' business is a waste of valuable time

and i have to agree, i can't say it's that important to me, and not just GAY marriage, but marriage in general

it's just a contract in the end...

message 23: by Robin (new)

Robin Erin [you don't know me at all ♥:] wrote: "Mystery Girl wrote: "ok..... this is a very volatile subject and I believe it will continue to be in the future.
Cira- I agree. I a..."

Erin: I agree with Mystery Girl. Of course you can't just cure it, but there is help. And, I find it amusing that you think it won't effect us, obviously it does, or we wouldn't be having the conversation.

Anthony: Uh...please inform me where in the Bible God says that people can lust for somebody of their own sex and marry them...

message 24: by Robin (new)

Robin S chromosone holds on to that "girliness"? And Dean, the reason we keep bringing it up is because it's wrong!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not wrong at all. Show me in the Bible where it says it's wrong... and please don't point to Leviticus.

I learned about this a couple semesters ago in physcology... the hippocampus region in our brain is larger in males and smaller in females, because of various hormone levels, right? But it homosexuals, the hippocampus is more like the size of the opposite gender. So a homosexual man's brain may be more similar to a woman's brain, or at least that part. There is some credible biological evidence. Homosexuality is not always a choice, although I do not think it's never a choice.

message 26: by Vivian (last edited Jan 30, 2009 04:28PM) (new)

Vivian | 159 comments "...The body is not meant for sexual immortality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body" 1 Chorinthians 6:13

(FYI: sexual immortality includes homosexuality and sex before marriage)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Vivian: Yeah, but that's not really much of a proof. Shouldn't we ban people from having sex before marriage then? If we're being fair and following the Bible?

message 28: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments Dean: Because I go to church and we had this discussion in my youth group the other night.

Erin: Yeah, we should, because it makes no sense why you would feel the need to have sex before marriage. If you REALLY TRULY love someone enough to want to do that, then you should have no problem waiting.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Vivian: I'm sure everyone will love that idea. Good luck with that.

message 30: by Vivian (new)

Vivian | 159 comments ok, let me just get all this straight. i know this may make me sound like a hypocrite, or whatever, but this is my opinion:

I PERSONALLY dont care if you're gay. I figure, whether you chose to be that way, or were born that way, its not really my place to judge. now, i know i keep bringing up what it says in the Bible, because that IS what it says. I do believe in the Bible and what it says there, but since I'm not gay, i really dont care what YOU do. so, whatever.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually respect that opinion, Vivian. You don't have to support homosexuality. As long as you can tolerate it, it's fine by me.

message 32: by Kaytrina (new)

Kaytrina | 32 comments You know,MY America is a free country!I dont know WHAT "AMERICA" y'all are talkin' about,because I dont think it's very American to ban gay marriage or premarital "relations"!Maybe in the Puritans' America,but not in our's!

message 33: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments hey, california said no too

that must say SOMETHING

message 34: by Robin (new)

Robin Just because somebody is born with a genetic thing that makes them prone to molest little children, or have sex with them, or kill somebody, or kidnap people, or the environment they're in makes them prone to those things, does it make it right? No, it's wrong. Homosexuality is not the way it's supposed to be. It's not how we're made, it's only creating problems, mentally, physically, politically. It's wrong.

message 35: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments yeah, fish swimming in the opposite direction, that's what they are...

message 36: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 270 comments i agree with your opinion dean but i have to correct what you said about the chromosones.
there is no "girliness chromosone";
certain traits that men and women inherently have are determined by their genome, but a huge amount is determined by the epigenome, and just society. The epigenome is what turns genes on and off, and its controlled by enviroment, but is in no way do you choose it.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Robin: Just hypothetically, if it was proven that homosexuality was biological, what would your opinion be then?

message 38: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments i know it's not new

and i don't want to take a stand on this topic because i don't F***ing care!

it has nothing to do with me, it has never touched my life, so i don't think i really need to have an opinion on it anyway

although the fact that CA voted against gay marriage still kind of nags at me...

message 39: by Alee (new)

Alee Hofman (wwwgoodreadscombookworm524) | 6 comments Marriage started in the Bible, so it must abide by biblical laws.

It's HOLY.
Call it something else if 2 homosexuals want to get 'married'.

I'm cool with the whole 'gay rights' deal, but marriage is going too far.

message 40: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments alee-if it's ok 4 them 2 go out, y would it b bad 2 marry? jw

message 41: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 318 comments and if people can love whoever they want, what about pedophiles?

can't they love any kid they want w/out getting locked up?

like that thing with the teacher and student (like in The Reader or whatever) if they like each other, then can't they get together too?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the law should be that any two people over the legal marrying age of any state should be allowed to be married, besides siblings and cousins of course.

message 43: by Jayda (new)

Jayda "Its not a choice to be gay, if it was, why would people CHOOSE to be laughed at and baraded with insults?"

Okay, let me just say that I found that a little bit funny :) People do choose to be gay. Now, they may not choose to have the impulses that they do towards the same gender, but they do choose to react and to act upon those impulses.

I love gays, don't get me wrong. I have a gay uncle, and I love him to death. I don't hold prejudice against them. I just don't think that same-sex marriage to be allowed.

If you look at the human anatomy, man and female were meant to be together sexually and physically. Our bodies were made perfectly for each other, whether you believe in evolution or in God. Man and Man were not physically meant to be together, neither were women and women. The anatomy is proof enough that man and female are supposed to be together.

Maybe you believe that they don't have a choice because they feel this way, because of these impulses. You have self-control. You CHOOSE to take action with those feelings. Everyone has a choice. You may say that it's not that easy, and trust me, I don't believe that it is easy. But it's a choice to be gay, like it or not.

message 44: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments i agree dean. u pretty much said it all.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicely said, Dean. Being gay shouldn't be something that has to be hidden or fixed. It should be something that is accepted as another way of love.

message 46: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments and lots of ppl have been saying that over and over, but some other ppl really just do not get that. which is sad.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to know the opinion of people who are against homosexuality, if, hypothetically, it was proven to be biological.

message 48: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments i'm already 4 it, so that would just strengthen my opinion. ^^

(this really isn't the right group 4 smilies, is it...)

message 49: by Conor (new)

Conor (i got me some bathing apes!) | 270 comments wow dean that was great. I think you just won the debate:)

message 50: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 2196 comments lolz i think there wasn't that much of a debate going on just almost every1 agreeing lolz

« previous 1 3 4