Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Opinions > Turn Offs By The Opposite Sex

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Adriana (new)

Adriana (adrinori) | 4044 comments Mod
What are things that the opposite sex does that turns you off or that you just hate LOL

message 2: by Lucy Qhuay (new)

Lucy Qhuay I simply hate when boys humiliate themselves, being the puppets of the popular girls, when there are excellent girls by their side, that truly love them.

message 3: by Adriana (new)

i hate it when guys act one way around their friends and act another towards you..

message 4: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 384 comments bad breath, liars, pretending to be something they are not,arrogance

The Cover Contessa (thecovercontessa) | 4025 comments Mod
arrogance

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Brooke (The Cover Contessa) wrote: "arrogance"

I have to agree with you there. Controlling too.

message 7: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Oh Adriana great thread! Would love to see guys commenting here LOL

Ok what turns me on ... a man cleaning the house, washing clothes, doing the dishes, taking the garbage out, washing the car, mowing the lawn LOL ... ok in all seriousness...I love it when a man (like my hubby) sees how overwhelmed his wife/lover/partner is and takes the kids out for the day and asks for nothing in return.

I loathe a guy who is arrogant and controlling they are a big turn offs

message 8: by Stacia (new)

Stacia (staciathebookworm) Bad breath. Cheating. Lying. NAGGING and complaining / whining.

Drives me crazy.

message 9: by Adriana (new)

Heinzypop wrote: "Oh Adriana great thread! Would love to see guys commenting here LOL

Ok what turns me on ... a man cleaning the house, washing clothes, doing the dishes, taking the garbage out, washing the car, mo..."

yeah thats why i wrote it to the opposite sex so guys can comment too so come on boys LOL

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece Ever been around a guy who picks at a scab on his arm? Gag! Bad breath is a huge turn off, I agree. I like my guys to smell good so body odor isn't cool.

message 11: by Soumi (new)

Soumi (soumiroy) | 352 comments Bad breathe, bad body odor. YUK, I don't even talk to guys like that, also I don't like guys pretend to be over smart and try to throw themselves on girls

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Heinzypop wrote: "Oh Adriana great thread! Would love to see guys commenting here LOL

Ok what turns me on ... a man cleaning the house, washing clothes, doing the dishes, taking the garbage out, washing the car, mo..."

I love it when I work on the weekend and I come home to a clean house and dinner on the table. Thats the best turn on. I have a great hubby.

Another turn off is a whiny man. I am not your mom...man up. Lol

message 13: by Adriana (new)

guys getting sick and whinning like little girls when we get a cold or flu and still have everything to do no time for whinning for us but them they are dying LOL

message 14: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Adriana wrote: "guys getting sick and whinning like little girls when we get a cold or flu and still have everything to do no time for whinning for us but them they are dying LOL"

You hit the nail on the head!

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Adriana wrote: "guys getting sick and whinning like little girls when we get a cold or flu and still have everything to do no time for whinning for us but them they are dying LOL"

Exactly.

message 16: by Sylvia (new)

Turn offs when there eyebrows and waxed like a woman's *shudders* hate it, bad breath and body odour too

message 17: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments And spitting. Why do men think it's ok to spit? YUCK!

message 18: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Eww

message 19: by Anya (new)

Anya Allyn | 16 comments When they term doing housework as 'helping out'.
Unless I've previously agreed to take on a role as your unpaid personal housekeeper (highly unlikely lol!) then cut the crap.

(In fairness to guys, they're not all like this. I'm describing an ex who would clean the kitchen like a dream once a month and claim he helped clean the house. Yay to the guys who just get in and clean everyday, because they are adults who live in the house too :) )

message 20: by Rashed (new)

Rashed Al Shamsi (mrshamsi) | 72 comments Mmmmm....Hi LOL

message 21: by Adriana (new)

Rashed wrote: "Mmmmm....Hi LOL"

Come on Rashed we need to know a guys opinion what turns you off about a girl... even if its a lot of things LOL

message 22: by Elaina (new)

Elaina (elainajo) | 128 comments Heinzypop wrote: "Turn offs when there eyebrows and waxed like a woman's *shudders* hate it, bad breath and body odour too"

Yes, I dated a guy who had his eyebrows done, that is a big turn off. You hit the nail on the head. Also, I have a hand fetish, I love strong sexy hands with nice long fingers, but if I see clear nail polish on a man, I want to gag.

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna Hub (anna_hub) | -17 comments This may be really superficial but I hate it when guys have bad table manners, noisy eating and food residue on the side of their lips. Ewww!

message 24: by Rashed (new)

Rashed Al Shamsi (mrshamsi) | 72 comments Well a lot of things but nevertheless I always say a girl has that feeling part that made her do things I don't like,,basically it's not her fault,,having partially controlled by her heart is part of her nature and without it I think the word LOVE won't exsit. (Just a personal opinion)

message 25: by Rashed (new)

Rashed Al Shamsi (mrshamsi) | 72 comments And yes I clean my room LOL

message 26: by Dana (new)

Dana (4theloveofbooks) | 16 comments Turn offs, men who decide what you think/believe and will not take your real feelings/thoughts into consideration. Physical pet peeve guys who refuse to use nail clippers *note* picking or biting your nails IS NOT proper grooming. @Eliana clear nail polish on a man is unacceptable I totally agree.

message 27: by Sylvia (new)

Elaina wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Turn offs when there eyebrows and waxed like a woman's *shudders* hate it, bad breath and body odour too"

Yes, I dated a guy who had his eyebrows done, that is a big turn off. Y..."

OH big strong hands with the vein protruding out of it drives me wild .. luckily my hubby has those LOL

message 28: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 06, 2012 11:03PM) (new)

Rebecca | 453 comments @Brooke (The Cover Contessa): I totally agree, arrogance is probably one of my number one major turn-offs. Confidence is okay, but I hate it when anyone gives off that "I'm better than you" vibe.

Mustaches have always been another one. I don't really know why.

message 29: by Adriana (new)

yeah guys with longer hair than me is a turn off for me LOL

message 30: by Jody (new)

Jody Where do I start

message 31: by Jody (new)

Jody Heinzypop wrote: "Elaina wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Turn offs when there eyebrows and waxed like a woman's *shudders* hate it, bad breath and body odour too"

Yes, I dated a guy who had his eyebrows done, that is a b..."

LOL!! One word.....thick!

message 32: by Jody (new)

Jody God I love this thread. Im going to have to come daily and vent!

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer arrogance, chauvinistic

message 34: by Sylvia (new)

Jody wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Elaina wrote: "Heinzypop wrote: "Turn offs when there eyebrows and waxed like a woman's *shudders* hate it, bad breath and body odour too"

Yes, I dated a guy who had his eyebrows..."

LOL yes how did I know you would write that .. Thick lol

message 35: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 697 comments Chauvinism, controlling personality and show off

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 07, 2012 09:28AM) (new)

I find it REALLY irritating when, if I am generally grumpy for whatever reason, my husband asks me (in a slightly patronising voice) 'are you hormonal?' It's the closest he ever gets to being headbutted by moi.

Falsely perceived male superiority = big mahoosive turn off!!!

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Valerie wrote: "Oh one more thing, biggest turn off ever is a guy telling me that I'm overreacting.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not... but you should at least take into consideration that if I'm reacting this strongly..."

I hear ya, Valerie. I tend to come a little unhinged in my brain when a guy says I'm overreacting! Not the smartest thing to say.

message 38: by Rebecca (last edited Jun 07, 2012 01:36PM) (new)

Rebecca | 453 comments @Valerie: I agree with the cussing thing! I mean, expressing you feelings and being realistic is one thing, but curse words don't have to be in your Every. Single. Sentence. It's just rude in my opinion, and makes me think the man has a limited vocabulary.

message 39: by Rashed (new)

Rashed Al Shamsi (mrshamsi) | 72 comments looks like not a place from to hang around...Enjoy ladies :D LOL

message 40: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela | 384 comments I agree with you ladies about the cussing, it is a huge turn off and body odor is definitely on my list of no-no's. Personal Hygiene is a definite priority in my book. :)

message 41: by Elaina (new)

Elaina (elainajo) | 128 comments Jody wrote: "God I love this thread. Im going to have to come daily and vent!"

LOLOLOLOL!

message 42: by Elaina (new)

Elaina (elainajo) | 128 comments @Heinzypop....Yes the veins protruding, exactly. I see I am not the only one with the hand fetish. :) @Dana, yes, nail clippers is a must no dirt under their fingernails.

Basically, if a guy takes longer than me to get ready, that's definitely a turnoff.

message 43: by Sylvia (new)

Elaina wrote: "@Heinzypop....Yes the veins protruding, exactly. I see I am not the only one with the hand fetish. :) @Dana, yes, nail clippers is a must no dirt under their fingernails.

Basically, if a guy t..."

LOL so true

message 44: by Dana (new)

Dana (4theloveofbooks) | 16 comments Rebecca wrote: "@Brooke (The Cover Contessa): I totally agree, arrogance is probably one of my number one major turn-offs. Confidence is okay, but I hate it when anyone gives off that "I'm better than you" vibe.
..."

How about beards?

message 45: by Dana (new)

Dana (4theloveofbooks) | 16 comments Jennifer wrote: "Valerie wrote: "Oh one more thing, biggest turn off ever is a guy telling me that I'm overreacting.

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not... but you should at least take into consideration that if I'm reacti..."

Valerie, I'm with you on being told I'm overreacting that drives me crazy, but my all time biggest peeve of that nature is being told to "calm down".

message 46: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments I don' t care for beards. If they have them they need to be kept short and kept up. I hate when you can tell what they ate for dinner two hours later. Yuk

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Tina wrote: "I don' t care for beards. If they have them they need to be kept short and kept up. I hate when you can tell what they ate for dinner two hours later. Yuk"

Ewww!

I don't mind beards as long as the guy takes care of it. I don't want it to look like a scary mountain man who doesn't venture into town often.

message 48: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 262 comments Jennifer wrote: "Tina wrote: "I don' t care for beards. If they have them they need to be kept short and kept up. I hate when you can tell what they ate for dinner two hours later. Yuk"

Ewww!

I don't mind bear..."

I totally agree. The worst is when they have a runny nose with a beard. Yuck, just grossed myself out.

message 49: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 453 comments @Dana: Eh, it really depends on how the man is described, I guess. Stubble is hot, but a full grown beard or mustache is sometimes a put off for me.

message 50: by Erin (new)

Erin (readermom4) | 4936 comments Mod
Okay, for me one thing I never understood and always seems like such a turn-off for me is the guys with hair so long they can braid it...and do. I don't get it, and it's usually big burly guys that have this. Some people like it, so don't get mad if I'm stepping on toes here, but there is something about a guy with a long pretty braid down his back that just makes me think WTF??!! LOL

« previous 1 3