77 Shadow Street (Pendleton, #1) 77 Shadow Street question

Slow start?
Heather Aplin Heather Jun 06, 2012 02:22PM
I am really trying to get into this book but am having trouble getting past the begining. It just is not holding my interest. Is anyone else having this problem with this book?

I really enjoyed this book

I am a die-hard Koontz fan, but I struggled with this book. I usually read his books in a day or two. Just can't put them down. But this one was very different than anything else he's done. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it was just more of an effort to get through.

Wasn't there an asshole in the beginning that had a tattoo of a middle finger on his hand? Something like that. well can't wait for yall to see what happens to him :)

I had the opposite problem. I read an excerpt before the book was released and couldn't wait to read the rest. The more I got into it the less interested I was. I still had to stick it out till the end. I didn't think this was one of his better books.

I thought it started out slow but got much better.

Heather Aplin Thank You Nora. So is it worth wading through the begining?
Jun 07, 2012 06:13AM · flag
Nora aka Diva I believe so, yes.
Jul 02, 2012 06:08PM · flag

To me, Stephen King is the literal King of Horror, but I also used to read Dean Koontz quite often. So I tried reading this book, and I just couldn't get through the beginning. It was slow and boring.

I tried for two months to get into this book but I just could not so I have given up for now.

I did think it was entirely too long.

I've also been a Koontz fan for many years, but I really didn't like this one. (Sorry Dean!). It was long, it was slow and I thought it was pretty stupid (sorry again). Please go back to the good creepy stuff.