Novel Publicity's Author Karma discussion

Wednesday Fan Chain Event?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Boschee (beccaleone) | 3 comments Hi everyone, is the Wednesday Karma Fan Chain still happening? I can't find anything in 'events', and I know I'm joining this party rather late...

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Edwards (barbaraedwards) Good question. I haven't gotten any posts

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) Wuzzat?

message 4: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 18 comments Well, we could certainly fan each other. So I'm off to fan you and hope you fan me back. :)

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Edwards (barbaraedwards) Will do.

message 6: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 18 comments Any other promotion ideas, I'm game; just let me know. ;)

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Boschee (beccaleone) | 3 comments I'll definitely fan you all. Happy Karma! (:

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina McCale | 8 comments Hi guys - I was wondering if we could/should do a virtual book tour? Or swap guest blogs? I would be happy to write a guest blog for anyone's site...here's the book I've most recently written: http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Change-... My email is chrismccale@c2hm3.com; email me, provide a link to your site and we can discuss. ;-)

message 9: by Caron (last edited Jun 09, 2012 03:11PM) (new)

Caron Rider | 18 comments @Christina: Sounds great! send me a post and I'll feature it and your book.

@D.B.: I'm heading to fan you! I have you as a friend and thought I already had! ;)

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina McCale | 8 comments Becca wrote: "Hi everyone, is the Wednesday Karma Fan Chain still happening? I can't find anything in 'events', and I know I'm joining this party rather late..."

Hi - If you tell what your page is, I'll go fan it.

message 11: by Christina (new)

Christina McCale | 8 comments Barbara wrote: "Will do."

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina McCale | 8 comments Barbara wrote: "Will do."

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina McCale | 8 comments Barbara wrote: "Good question. I haven't gotten any posts"

message 14: by Christina (new)

Christina McCale | 8 comments K.A. wrote: "Wuzzat?"

Caron wrote: "Well, we could certainly fan each other. So I'm off to fan you and hope you fan me back. :)"

Christina wrote: "Hi guys - I was wondering if we could/should do a virtual book tour? Or swap guest blogs? I would be happy to write a guest blog for anyone's site...here's the book I've most recently written: http..."

message 15: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 18 comments @Christina: If you right click on the person's picture, you can select open link in new tab, and that's their profile page so you can fan everybody pretty easy and keep track of the thread. ;)

message 16: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Boschee (beccaleone) | 3 comments Hi - If you tell what your page i..."

Thanks, Christina! My fan page is: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Do you have a fan page on GR? I couldn't easily find one...

message 17: by Christina (new)

Christina McCale | 8 comments I have a page - but I'm not sure if it's a "fan" page or not... How do I know?

message 18: by Caron (new)

Caron Rider | 18 comments Christina wrote: "I have a page - but I'm not sure if it's a "fan" page or not... How do I know?"

It doesn't look like you've signed up to be a goodreads author. I don't see a fan button on your profile page and it doesn't list a book you've written. I think you just have to add a book by you, but I'm not sure. On your page is there a "become a goodreads author" link or add book by you link?

message 19: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Harrop (DBHarrop) | 6 comments Christina wrote: "I have a page - but I'm not sure if it's a "fan" page or not... How do I know?"

Hi, Christina! I went to your page and basically in order for people to be able to "fan" it, it needs to be an author profile. Here's a link that shows how to get it started:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/how_to

Hope it's a help! Let me know when you're set up and I'll go fan your page. :-)

message 20: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond Christina wrote: "Hi guys - I was wondering if we could/should do a virtual book tour? Or swap guest blogs? I would be happy to write a guest blog for anyone's site...here's the book I've most recently written: http..."

Hi Christina, You may be interested in the following group regarding blog swaps: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/8...
Take care, and hope to see you "around."
Believing in Horses

message 21: by J.C. (new)

J.C. (jcjoranco) | 1 comments Goodreads seems to be tweaking so I wasn't able to go to everyone's pages directly from this thread, however I went to the Members list and started fanning (fan-ing?) people from there.

I think I got everyone, but if I didn't and missed anyone, be sure to let me know and I'll fan you!

message 22: by Elias (last edited Aug 15, 2012 07:41AM) (new)

Elias Barton (eliasbarton) | 1 comments Hi All, I'm Elias. I am the author of Above the Universe Below which was just released in paperback and ebook formats!

Above the Universe Below by Elias Barton

message 23: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Harrop (DBHarrop) | 6 comments Elias wrote: "Hi All, I'm Elias. I am the author of Above the Universe Below which was just released in paperback and ebook formats!

Above the Universe Below by Elias Barton"

Welcome, Elias! Nice to have you here.

message 24: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinswapp) | 7 comments D.B. wrote: "I'll fan anyone who fans me back :-D"

Done

message 25: by D.B. (new)

D.B. Harrop (DBHarrop) | 6 comments Justin wrote: "D.B. wrote: "I'll fan anyone who fans me back :-D"

Done"

Gotcha back, Justin.

message 26: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Foley (sherryfoley) | 2 comments I just found an article on this site and joined. I was sad to see there hasn't been a Wednesday event since summer. I'm happy to fan all and will get started on the list. I'm not finding the section where I would post an introduction. I'll keep it brief in case it's not here. My name is Sherry and I'm a published author in the RS genre. I'm looking for connections to promote and help be promoted. I'm looking forward to meeting each of you.

message 27: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinswapp) | 7 comments Ditto!

message 28: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 2 comments Sherry wrote: "I just found an article on this site and joined. I was sad to see there hasn't been a Wednesday event since summer. I'm happy to fan all and will get started on the list. I'm not finding the sec..."

Hi Sherry - I faned you and sent a friend request.

message 29: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Foley (sherryfoley) | 2 comments Hi Diana, I'm glad to hear from you. Justin and I teamed up yesterday. Thanks for the friend request. I've followed you on here. Are you on Twitter? Let me know if there is any other way I can encourage you.

Maybe we can breathe new life to this site! ;D

-Sherry

message 30: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinswapp) | 7 comments D.B. wrote: "Justin wrote: "D.B. wrote: "I'll fan anyone who fans me back :-D"

Done"

Gotcha back, Justin."

Thanks DB!

message 31: by Diana (new)

Diana Febry (dianaj) | 2 comments Sherry wrote: "Hi Diana, I'm glad to hear from you. Justin and I teamed up yesterday. Thanks for the friend request. I've followed you on here. Are you on Twitter? Let me know if there is any other way I ca..."

Game to give it a go. I'm afraid when I've looked at it I don't understand twitter! Maybe I'll have a look again. I have a facebook page - www.facebook.com/DianaJFebry as well as my personal one, but that's about it.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! My name is Aldiana Deumic and I am an author of Through Darkness: A Story of the Bosnian Diaspora.

My historical novel is based on my own experiences in Bosnian War. I was only nine years old when the war started, and my novel is told through the eyes of a nine year old child.

Check it out! It is very inspiring. Through Darkness: A Story of the Bosnian Diaspora, amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com and createspace.com

message 33: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (bkmcavoy) I also just found about this site from a blog I came across(http://www.novelpublicity.com/2012/01...) and supporting each sounded like a great idea! I will also check out others' GR author pages (and other social media).

I have two 6-week Bible devotionals available. I am currently involved in a GR giveaway for the first one. I have been very excited about how it is going. Seems to be a great way to generate some interest.

I look forward to learning more about the other members of this groups' books!

message 34: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (bkmcavoy) I also just found about this site from a blog I came across(http://www.novelpublicity.com/2012/01...) and supporting each sounded like a great idea! I will also check out others' GR author pages (and other social media).

I have two 6-week Bible devotionals available. I am currently involved in a GR giveaway for the first one. I have been very excited about how it is going. Seems to be a great way to generate some interest.

I look forward to learning more about the other members of this groups' books!

message 35: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Nunn (pjnunn) | 4 comments Has this group gone inactive or am I lost?

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Goebel | 2 comments I don't know! But if this is active, I'd love to join. I have just published a YA book (Tournament), and would love to swap fan-dom and exchange reviews. If you are interested, let me know.
Jen Goebel

message 37: by Nicky (new)

Nicky Moxey | 2 comments Totally clueless newbie here - should I be fanning people or friending them? Anyone point me to a primer? Please?! :)

message 38: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Nunn (pjnunn) | 4 comments I know, it looks like a good thread! I'll be a fan, Jen. Nicky, I honestly don't know the difference. I have a lot of friends because when I started out here, I wasn't published yet. Now I think I have 2 fans - woo! I like it here though. Just still trying to learn my way around.

PJ

message 39: by Diana (new)

Diana (dianalesirebrandmeyer) | 7 comments Hi, I'm Diana and I saw the blog post throught the bookbaby newsletter. I think we 'fan' each other on goodreads?
Here's my page If you write for the Christian market or read that genre please fan me and I'll fan you back.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

message 40: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Nunn (pjnunn) | 4 comments Hi Diana,

Welcome to the group. I don't really know how the Wednesday fan thing was supposed to work. Do any of you?

PJ

message 41: by Diana (new)

Diana (dianalesirebrandmeyer) | 7 comments www.novelpublicity.com/karma has the information.
Thanks for the welcome PJ. This could be a cool thing if it is used.

message 42: by Nicky (new)

Nicky Moxey | 2 comments I learn by messing up that "fan"-ing someone automatically means that you're following their reviews; but not the other way round. I've fanned PJ and Jennifer; Diana, that's not my genre, but I'll fan you if you like? :D I write stories for 3rd graders or so (which I've self-published), and have a 12th C Historical Fiction novel out agent-shopping at the moment.

message 43: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Nunn (pjnunn) | 4 comments Ok great! I've "fanned" all of you and will look forward to seeing your reviews. I'm behind in writing some but I'll get caught up. Nice to meet you all =)

message 44: by Diana (new)

Diana (dianalesirebrandmeyer) | 7 comments Nicky that will be great. I'll fan you tomorrow. Thanks for the explanation about fans. I didn't know that. Not on my computer so hard to fan right now.

message 45: by Diana (new)

Diana (dianalesirebrandmeyer) | 7 comments Okay, I've got Nicky and PJ. I couldn't find Jennifer.

message 46: by Diana (new)

Diana (dianalesirebrandmeyer) | 7 comments Aha found Jennifer!

message 47: by Vimal (new)

Vimal Vaz (vimal_vaz) | 1 comments Hi,
with a book titled The Kiss of Karma, and a sequel The Wrath of Karma, well…I guess I had to join this group! Seems a little quiet here, but that proves the concept - do nothing - nothing happens, do something - something happens. Let's be doing things folks!
Vimal

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Shepherd (moonkissd) | 1 comments Hi, I'm Jessica Shepherd, I have 3 books out:
Karmic Dates And Momentary Mates
A Love Alchemist's Notebook
and Venus Signs (Jan 2105).

Is this group active?