Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Lorraine's May Reads

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments My Lucky Life in and out of Show Business, a Memoir by Dick Van Dyke
One of my favorite stars. Book tells of Van Dyke's life from his birth in West Plains, Missouri in 1925 until today. During his lifetime he's been a recipient of a Tony, a Grammy, and 4 Emmy Awards. Who can forget: Bye, Bye Birdie, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Poppins, Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang and Diagnosis Murder? He's still acting recently appearing in the movie, Night At the Museum.

King of the Road, true tales from a legendary Ice Road Trucker by Alex Debogorski
Alex grew up as a farm boy in a rural northern Canadian town. He grew up in a cabin with no electricity, the family's washing machine was run by a diesel motor. As a youth, he was always doing foolish things and getting into fights. Alex worked at various jobs and married young. He has 11 children and now has grand children. I found it interesting that he has never watched television and doesn't allow one in his home and yet, he is part of a television series.

The Wind Through the Keyhole (Dark Tower book) by Stephen King
A story of one of the travels with Roland, Eddie, Jake and Susannah. While they take shelter, Roland tells a story of his younger days. Within this old story, he tells the tale that his mother used to tell him as a boy. The tale was called,"The Wind through the Keyhole."
This book had 2 plots within the main story, but it wasn't confusing at all.
A very entertaining, enjoyable read.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3604 comments I've been looking at the Dick Van Dyke book. I've always liked him!

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7907 comments Melodie wrote: "I've been looking at the Dick Van Dyke book. I've always liked him!"

Me too, and what a ball of energy he is at his age!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14417 comments Great group of books, Lorraine! Eclectic and interesting. I am reading The Wind in the Willows and am savoring the visit with Roland and his ka-tet. I also have always like Dick Van Dyke!