Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2) Dreamless discussion

Is It Worth Reading?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by percabeth (last edited Jun 06, 2012 01:11PM) (new)

percabeth I read the first one but I didn't like it too much and the storyline was kinda confusing and complicated...is this one any better?

Thanks!

Angela I would have to say I absolutely loved it. But I was completely blown away by how good Starcrossed was. The storyline was not very difficult to follow for me, but everyone is different. I will say that a lot happens in this book. She meets a new friend to help her navigate the underworld and she gets banged up a lot. And there are a few intense scenes.

Chris I absolutely loved Starcrossed as well, but I love stories based on mythological elements. Dreamless was all that and more that Starcrossed was from start to finish. I read it in less than a day and am considering re-reading it, just to savor.

What elements of Starcrossed didn't you like? That might be an easier way to decide if you want to invest in reading Dreamless.

Bryan Yup, you really should read it. And for me Starcrossed is the best ! I feel my heart-break everytime when Lucas and Helen are involved with their mind-blowing problems.

Devora Angela wrote: "I would have to say I absolutely loved it. But I was completely blown away by how good Starcrossed was. The storyline was not very difficult to follow for me, but everyone is different. I will say..."

I agree with you I love these books:)

message 6: by percabeth (new)

percabeth Thanks!

Ellie Starcrossed, personally, was incredible for me, but yes everyone is different, the stroyline , characters, scenes, quotes.. it all blew me away, but if you didnt enjoy the first... I would give the second a try, with a few intense scenes.. it might be worth it for you ;D

Alexandra percabeth wrote: "I read the first one but I didn't like it too much and the storyline was kinda confusing and complicated...is this one any better?

Thanks!"

I wasn't crazy about Starcrossed either, mainly because I just didn't like the characters, but I had hopes for Dreamless...which I thought was terrible. If you had any qualms about Starcrossed, I would not recommend this book, because it was full of plot holes, characters not understanding things that they should have deduced immediately, and really weird character interactions that didn't make sense at all. This is only my opinion, and perhaps you'll love it, but I didn't feel like it was worth the read.

Susie Well I read it because I really wanted to find out what happened it gets really boring around page 400 its like come on end this already.

Claire I loved star crossed and dreamless! Josephine Angelini is an amazing author and I can't wait for book 3!

Ellie Claire wrote: "I loved star crossed and dreamless! Josephine Angelini is an amazing author and I can't wait for book 3!"

Took the words from my mouth!!!
GO STARCROSSED!!!

Charley I loved Starcrossed, it was simply amazing, something old with a new twist.

Saying that, I tend to hate follow on books as they just seem 'space fillers' ie. the hero encounters a problem, just to buy time for the final book in trilogies. Bleh. This was really not the case however with Dreamless, it was just as good as the first and even a little better. Definitely worth a read! Loved it :)

Tina J This series is easily becoming one of my favourites!
I love it.....and it's given me a great interest in Greek mythology.
I was blown away by Starcrossed and loved Dreamless just as much!

If you didn't like the 1st book, then I don't recommend Dreamless.

Ellie Tina J wrote: "This series is easily becoming one of my favourites!
I love it.....and it's given me a great interest in Greek mythology.
I was blown away by Starcrossed and loved Dreamless just as much!

If you d..."

Woohoo!!!!! Same!!!