Children's Books discussion

Specific Books & Authors > The Great Brain Series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ABC (new)

ABC (mary6543) | 341 comments Evidently they don't seem to sell this new anymore! There are a few of the books, but my favorite one is when the Great Brain goes off to school and sells chocolate bars. They don't have that new anymore!

Anybody else love this series?

The Great Brain is the first one in the series.

message 2: by Cheryl is busier irl atm., Newbery Club host (new)

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 6252 comments Mod
I read one and enjoyed it, a few years ago. I think I would have loved them if I'd first encountered them when I was a child.

message 3: by Donnamarie (new)

Donnamarie (donnamariepolak) | 2 comments I love these Great Brain books! They are classics that my fifth graders still enjoy as well.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Temairik (susantemairik) | 1 comments My entire family adored the Great Brain series. In an interview, John D. Fitzgerald's publisher said it was submitted as adult fiction. After she read it, she told him (not exactly verbatim) "If you take out all the stuff about prostitutes, this would be a great book for kids." I always wanted to read that version too!

message 5: by Cheryl is busier irl atm., Newbery Club host (new)

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) | 6252 comments Mod
I just picked up a box set at a thrift store. When I'm done reading them, I'd love to share - if you're a member in the US please PM me and I'll send them to you gratis.