Book Club discussion

Ray Bradbury
This topic is about Ray Bradbury
RIP Ray Bradbury

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric Benoit (elmseeker) | 4 comments Ray Bradbury, the last of a generation of Science Fiction giants, which included the likes of Asimov, Heinein and Clarke, has left us.

We now must use what they have given us, their stories, advice and inspiration, to muddle our way through the Sci-Fi world. We are but mere shadows, imitators, pretenders to the now empty thrones of worlds foreseen. The worlds, both real and imagined, seem a bit more empty without them but there is hope. Hope of a new future yet to be written. Hope that one day someone will be able to sit on the throne of Sci-Fi once more and be worthy of the legacy these men have left behind. Hope that it may be one of us, sitting here today pondering what the future may be like and putting to words in a way that captures the imaginations of all as did the masters before them.

RIP Ray Bradbury.

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Gallup (kidsbright) | 25 comments Yesterday my sister-in-law asked me to write up a little remembrance of Bradbury for her blog (since I met him briefly long ago and exchanged letters with him):